The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am predicted A*A*B what is the likelihood of me getting an offer for law at UCL and Kings College London?
Original post by madmike786
I am predicted A*A*B what is the likelihood of me getting an offer for law at UCL and Kings College London?

I would say it depends on a lot of factors, such as your As grades (as these will be used to indicate how likely it is for you to achieve your predicted grades), your LNAT score if they ask for one, how well-written and engaging your personal statement is, your GCSEs to an extent (I imagine such competitive universities will have to find ways to distinguish their highest-performing applicants) as well as other things. :smile:
Thank you,
I am just worried as someone from my college got rejected from UCL for law with 3A* predictions and a host of A*'s at GCSE. I have although received an A*AA offer for law at another uni, however not sure if KCL and UCL will give me an offer.
Original post by madmike786
Thank you,
I am just worried as someone from my college got rejected from UCL for law with 3A* predictions and a host of A*'s at GCSE. I have although received an A*AA offer for law at another uni, however not sure if KCL and UCL will give me an offer.

Which university gave you the offer, and what are your predicted grades/As grades if you don't mind me asking?

I don't have much knowledge about how UCL and KCL make their offers, but I have heard that UCL have been quite harsh from the sounds of things. They must get so many applications though, so I'm not that surprised.
Reply 584
Got rejected my UCL on the basis of my LNAT, too.

Hope that doesn't royally **** up my chances at Bristol.

Original post by Coolstoryman
14th oct, before Oxbridge deadline.Got interview for cambridge, but not good enough for UCL apparently.Guess an interview isnt really impressive either. Ill end up doing an online degree.

Same as me. What college?

Original post by Another student.
Just got rejected from UCL too! They didn't like my LNAT essay.

How'd you know it was the essay?

They said to me: "Regrettably, your performance in the LNAT was judged not to be as strong as that of other applicants."

Probably the score. :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 585
Original post by NOP97

They said to me: "Regrettably, your performance in the LNAT was judged not to be as strong as that of other applicants."

Sorry to hear about your rejection! :frown: when did you apply? I'm really worried about my lnat essay; I'd written only about 300 words.
Original post by NOP97

That's what it said on my rejection letter on track.
I got all 5 of my offers yesterday they were all conditional but I am overwhelmed I really didn't think I'd even be considered for such a prestigious course in the law I applied to Anglia Ruskin,Hertfordshire,Birmingham City,St.Mary's & Bedfordshire

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by notverysmart29
received an offer from KCL yesterday - did not apply for the scholarship

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, when did you send out your application?
Original post by Another student.
I did my LNAT on the 8th of October and sent my application in the day after. Since they rejected me yesterday, they are probs still processing the students that applied in October. You might have to wait until January?

For Durham though, my cousin got her law offer last year on Dec 9th.

I got an offer for Durham two weeks ago
Original post by nicolewho
I got an offer for Durham two weeks ago

Mind me asking what your as' and predicted grades are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by seasoning
Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, when did you send out your application?

Congrats! what were your a level grades and when did you apply?
Applied yesterday and I just got an Unconditional from Lincoln for law if I make them my firm choice! 300 UCAS if not!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Queen Mary gave me the A*AA offer. My predicted grades are A*A*B I sent my application last sunday.
Got a Law offer earlier today from LSE! So relieved that they got back to me relatively early
Original post by Killane
Got a Law offer earlier today from LSE! So relieved that they got back to me relatively early

Congrats! What were your a level grades and when did you apply?
Original post by Abhishek Dhawan
Congrats! What were your a level grades and when did you apply?

Thanks :smile: Applied 13th October with A*A*A achieved in History, Law and Religious Studies. C in the EPQ too, but I doubt that was a significant factor :wink:
Hi , so far I have had conditional offers from Sheffield, Leeds and Huddersfield. I also got a conditional offer from Newcastle but yesterday they changed it to UNCONDITIONAL :biggrin: now waiting on Durham but I haven't sat my LNAT yet. My GCSE's are 5 A* 7A's and AS Government + Politics A (full ums) History A Philosophy A Citizenship A and Psychology B edit: Forgot to say for those wondering I'm Predicted A* A* A* A
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by martaamendoeira
Congratulations! What were your A level/ IB grades if you don't mind me asking? Also, when did you apply?

Original post by seasoning

Application was sent on the 12th October, did my LNAT on the 16th October.
Original post by binnsm
Hi I haven't applied to UCL but was given an offer from Durham about 2 weeks ago, my application was sent off at the beginning of October though so may be because that was a long time ago.

I don't know how true it is but I've heard Durham give out a few now and the rest early next year, hopefully you will get one soon! :smile:

What are your GCSES, AS and A2 (or equivalent) if you don't mind me asking?

Sent my app off on the 18th Sept and sat LNAT on 17th Sept, still waiting for Durham and Nottingham. Worried my LNAT went terribly yet I got an interview at Oxford so it can't have been that bad surely

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending