The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Are these people going to pay their benefits costs as well? NHS/Schooling/Services? The problem is not solely (though it is a huge problem) down to housing.
Original post by Catholic_
If you want them here, they should be accomodated in the homes of yourselves personally. You should display tolerance and fairness to these people, like you ask the working class to do until they hang themselves and their communities put up their own funeral parlours.

Lets see these people been told they habe no choice or freedoms but to accept this circumstance, see how fair it feels.

It's a great idea.

Leftists always want to spout ideas to break what they consider traditional concepts then have someone else do the work and pay the cost.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I agree with you! It's a good idea,
12 hours and the Lefties all remain silent......... pathetic bunch. And then have the audacity to call the right self-servatives.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Please be aware people we are talking about migrants and not illegal immigrants. The problem is not they are using the NHS and government funding the true issue is that they are not paying their fair share if they are not working. Suggestion get unemployed British people who are skilled / educated but unable to find work for whatever reason (eg lack of experience) pay them to help educate the migrants about England and how the employment system works(many unemployed people could teach English or help migrants fill in job applications etc and get all their details registered for NHS etc) (many migrants do have skills and are educated at least to some degree) and get them into jobs as soon as possible. The sooner they are in job the sooner they are earning money and contributing to British society. Reduces the unemployment in migrants and British people. Migrants come here to start a new safer life (assuming you are talking about all the refugees) and that includes them getting a job. The housing issue needs a temporary solution until the migrants can be fully incorporated into society. This of course does not include educated migrants who come her because they already have a job lined up. Only a suggestion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Taking in migrants is actually happening in many countries across Europe. Belgium have dismantled a non permanent refugee camp because the locals have taken many of the people in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you want them here, they should be accomodated in the homes of yourselves personally. You should display tolerance and fairness to these people, like you ask the working class to do until they hang themselves and their communities put up their own funeral parlours.

Lets see these people been told they habe no choice or freedoms but to accept this circumstance, see how fair it feels.

so its normal people's job to create housing, and not the Government who failed to build enough houses?

Multiple property owner here, i think i can handle about 18. That's fine with me.

The more the better. Brits have no drive, we need more foreigners here willing to work and be productive.
I actually agree tbh. Every person who wants them here should house one of them. That way we can house our own homeless.
Lol that's funny.

I don't think a lot of people WANT them here, rather they have no problem if they were to come here. When will people realise that the UK is taking in the least amount of people in Europe? Classic example of the media brainwashing you into disliking people who've done nothing wrong.

Also what kinds of migrants are you talking about? What's wrong with legal migrants, or refugees? If you're referring to illegal immigrants, I've yet to hear someone defend illegal immigrants coming here, so this post wouldn't make sense.

P.S, I find it funny how a lot of people are only now caring about the country's homeless since the refugee crisis lmao. Where was their empathy before?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChickenMadness
I actually agree tbh. Every person who wants them here should house one of them. That way we can house our own homeless.

a lot of our homeless are europeans haha
Original post by Bill_Gates
a lot of our homeless are europeans haha

The problem is theres already homeless people here. And the government keeps letting more people in without first taking care of the people here already. 2 year waiting lists on housing and it's getting bigger.
Original post by Novascope
Lol that's funny.

I don't think a lot of people WANT them here, rather they have no problem if they were to come here. When will people realise that the UK is taking in the least amount of people in Europe? Classic example of the media brainwashing you into disliking people who've done nothing wrong.

Also what kinds of migrants are you talking about? What's wrong with legal migrants, or refugees? If you're referring to illegal immigrants, I've yet to hear someone defend illegal immigrants coming here, so this post wouldn't make sense.

P.S, I find it funny how a lot of people are only now caring about the country's homeless since the refugee crisis lmao. Where was their empathy before?

uh nah one of my best friends is in a domestic abuse refuge and i cared about her before the refugee crisis lol.
The problem is theres already homeless people here. And the government keeps letting more people in without first taking care of the people here already. 2 year waiting lists on housing and it's getting bigger.

Nope. Many of the "homeless" have mental illnesses which makes it extremely difficult to house them.

It's due to the government you voted in, whose making cuts to NHS mental health services. That waiting list is for council housing not temporary accommodation, once again the government you voted in deliberately does not want adequate council housing but a private sector and high home ownership level.
People who say 'I'd let a migrant stay in my home' aren't thinking it through. Would they have the same attitude towards a stranger on the street whom they knew nothing about? So how about a stranger from a foreign land, completely different culture and may not even speak English? These people could have been convicted of any kind of crime back home, hold all sorts of beliefs that contradict our British values, and you wouldn't know.
uh nah one of my best friends is in a domestic abuse refuge and i cared about her before the refugee crisis lol.

That's you. But there are plenty of people who made no effort to help the homeless or even care. But now foreigners are a "threat" to them, they suddenly wanna care about our homeless lmao. It's pathetic.

Also I was just about to reply to your first post before you replied to me:

It's not the migrants fault though that our government isn't dealing with the homeless. It's the governments fault duh. Also @Bill_Gates was right, a lot of Brits don't have any drive in comparison to other europeans. A lot here have the mentality that things need to be handed on a plate to them. Like they think they should get things automatically for some reason.

could not agree more, people have got a new found sympathy for issues that have been around for ages
The people who say they want these migrants should house, feed, educate and service them themselves, not the taxpayer
That's you. But there are plenty of people who made no effort to help the homeless or even care. But now foreigners are a "threat" to them, they suddenly wanna care about our homeless lmao. It's pathetic.

Also I was just about to reply to your first post before you replied to me:

It's not the migrants fault though that our government isn't dealing with the homeless. It's the governments fault duh. Also @Bill_Gates was right, a lot of Brits don't have any drive in comparison to other europeans. A lot here have the mentality that things need to be handed on a plate to them. Like they think they should get things automatically for some reason.

Those days are over, that's why the Chinese come over to provide and buy our companies/services. You cannot hide from the free market, especially sitting on your backside living off the government.

Latest

Trending

Trending