The Student Room Group

Somerville Applicants for 2016/Oxford

Scroll to see replies

I've applied for Computer Science at Somerville :smile:
Has anyone received an email about interview yet?
I know they said that for 'sciences' we would hear before the 7th of December, and not likely before, but the wait is killing me!:tongue:
Reply 21
I heard back today for history, maybe you'll hear on the third?

Original post by fl0ppyd1sk
I've applied for Computer Science at Somerville :smile:
Has anyone received an email about interview yet?
I know they said that for 'sciences' we would hear before the 7th of December, and not likely before, but the wait is killing me!:tongue:
Reply 22
Original post by MHI

also heard back today! rejection at it's finest
Reply 23
Original post by Nikki2317

I'm so sorry! If you don't mind me asking, what subject did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24

Ah, a shame but its not the end of the world. What course was it? And what university is now on your sights?
Reply 25
Original post by SGrice
I'm so sorry! If you don't mind me asking, what subject did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by MHI
Ah, a shame but its not the end of the world. What course was it? And what university is now on your sights?

It's no problem, just gonna reapply next year! :smile: I'm from the United States so I'm looking at Duke, Brown, and Princeton. I applied for PPE at Somerville; I wasn't surprised by the rejection email.. almost expected it, despite already having my qualifications fulfilled + more. I think I got nervous when taking the TSA and wrote a pretty crappy essay too. Good luck with your applications I hope you get interviews if you didnt already and maybe see you next year lol!
Guys I'm really scared I'm gonna get rejected. The MAT went very badly (I thought 1 was a prime number!...😶). I don't think I'm bothered about not going to Oxford....I've got St. Andrews as a back up. It's more so the personal failure?

Has anyone got an interview? It'd make me feel less uneasy if I knew they weren't turning everyone away!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MHI

I really hope so...I'm 99% sure it'll be a rejection anyway.:s-smilie:
Reply 28
I really hope so...I'm 99% sure it'll be a rejection anyway.:s-smilie:

If it helps, i haven't seen anyone on the main oxford thread get an interview for computer science
Reply 29
It's no problem, just gonna reapply next year! :smile: I'm from the United States so I'm looking at Duke, Brown, and Princeton. I applied for PPE at Somerville; I wasn't surprised by the rejection email.. almost expected it, despite already having my qualifications fulfilled + more. I think I got nervous when taking the TSA and wrote a pretty crappy essay too. Good luck with your applications I hope you get interviews if you didnt already and maybe see you next year lol!

Maybe begin practicing TSA now, have written work done ahead of time? Princeton, duke and brown are good universities and if you want, you can apply to Warwick for PPE so you dont sit around for a year doing nothing. Either way, i wish you luck!!!
Reply 30
Original post by MHI
Maybe begin practicing TSA now, have written work done ahead of time? Princeton, duke and brown are good universities and if you want, you can apply to Warwick for PPE so you dont sit around for a year doing nothing. Either way, i wish you luck!!!

thank you for the advice :smile:
Has anyone heard back for English? Do you think we could be notified before Monday 30th?

Good luck to everyone!! Today could be our lucky day :smile: or for that matter, our unlucky day... :frown:
Got rejected guys, good luck to everyone else x
Reply 33
Got rejected guys, good luck to everyone else x

oh no! that's okay, I'm sorry to hear to that! :-/ are you applying next year?
oh no! that's okay, I'm sorry to hear to that! :-/ are you applying next year?

No, no. I'll go to St. Andrews if they accept me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending