The Student Room Group

Studying anatomy- HOW to revise anatomy?

how do you best revise anatomy at uni? The content is a lot and I don't see the point in wasting time in making revision notes from lectures as it is so dense I get lost!

Thanks
Original post by RevisionNad
how do you best revise anatomy at uni? The content is a lot and I don't see the point in wasting time in making revision notes from lectures as it is so dense I get lost!

Thanks

Get a massive picture of a human body showing all the muscles and then label it. Probably best to learn using visual methods.
Thank you, I have also heard that colouring books of anatomy help too
Reply 3
Tattoo all the pictures in Gray's on your body.

Thanks

Are you any good at anatomy?

I study anatomy and physiology at college and find it hard, is there any way you could help me.
Original post by Blackstarr
Are you any good at anatomy?

I study anatomy and physiology at college and find it hard, is there any way you could help me.

Hiya-- I am the one who needs the help which is why I posted this thread! But since I have posted, I have looked at a lot of YouTube tutorials like AnatomyZone and they are great tools! Good luck
Hiya-- I am the one who needs the help which is why I posted this thread! But since I have posted, I have looked at a lot of YouTube tutorials like AnatomyZone and they are great tools! Good luck

I have been looking at some youtube videos too.

Thanks for the reply.:smile:
I found repetition works for me. Just looking at diagrams and images regularly. Colouring books are useful and I also really like the Visible Body Human Anatomy Atlas app - it's pricey but so worth it (there's a free version you can try).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

Thanks

Depends what part of the body you are looking at, and at what depth, but I wrote notes up and used pictures from Gray's and some of the Crash course books. I personally did not get much out of colouring things in or drawing my own diagrams etc. as they are never as good as Gray's so why bother. I need a 'narrative' to try and remember things.
Original post by evantej
Depends what part of the body you are looking at, and at what depth, but I wrote notes up and used pictures from Gray's and some of the Crash course books. I personally did not get much out of colouring things in or drawing my own diagrams etc. as they are never as good as Gray's so why bother. I need a 'narrative' to try and remember things.

Thank you- I will try that method!
Hi, I would recommend a page that really helped me when studying anatomy - https://practiceanatomy.com/Give it a try, I hope it will help!Good luck with exams and anatomy!
Reply 11

Thanks

Someone on another post recommended a game 'Poke A Muscle' http://www.anatomyarcade.com/games/PAM/PAM.html , there's also 'Whack A Bone'. They're both fab and a little addictive!
Reply 12
The process of making flashcards or detailed revision notes is a really good way to learn things in the initial instance. I built up images and got used to labelling them and locating them using essential anatomy 5 and also ripping off images from TeachMeAnatomy.Info. I then took screen shots of the images and designed various questions around them such as "what is the function of A?" and "what blood vessel/nerve supplies B?" I used the lecture slides to devise the questions. Our course was quite superficial so everything we needed to know was in the slides anyway. I just used additional sources to help me fill in information I wasn't sure of but they were only going to test me on what was in the slides.
I used A6 card and PowerPoint to produce them, double sided so that there were answers on one side and questions on the other. Then I used them as prompts for my revision. If I couldn't answer a question, I revised it and repeated it until I could. Then I checked again a few days later. If I could still answer it, I put it away.*
Just remember the 6 Rs:**
Read
wRite
Recall
Revise
Repeat
Refresh *

Quick Reply

Latest