The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth uni help - Computer visualisation and animation.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brian.insua
Hi there Ellie :smile:

I'm a first year on the CVA course here at Bournemouth :smile:

Check this thread out (just means I don't have to repeat myself and we can have one place for all the info)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3065091

All the best,

Brian :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any tips for creating my portfolio?
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by elliebelfield123
Any tips for creating my portfolio?

Hi elliebelfield123 and anyone else who might be interested,

We've recently added some more information to our website, which you might find handy. If you scroll to the bottom of this page, you'll find some information about what we'd like to see in your portfolio.

I hope that helps!

Katie
Original post by Amethyst-Wolf
No problem! One thing I would say is that when they'll look at your work they might feel you're not being original, they like to see your OWN character designs and stuff drawn from life and not photos. Every piece I had they asked me, is this your friend/from a photo/from a class? And I answered photo for one which I could tell they weren't happy with that! Everything else was from imagination/friends and they really liked that.
The 90s figure drawings, WOW, trust me when I tell you that people at your level of drawing will not get the full figure on the paper in even 2 minutes let alone one and a half. Thats pretty good! :biggrin: You are focusing toooo much on details though. The purpose of such short poses is to get the gesture and movement rather than anatomy and proportion. Your sketches feel more like 3-5minute poses, since you're not really getting the gesture in there.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Force-Dynamic-Drawing-Animators-Series/dp/0240808452
^ that is an AWESOME book that explains it all, I got loads from reading it!
For your digital, I'm just guessing that you don't have a tablet? Apart from that, the most obvious thing that jumps out is that they are all kinda flat and don't have a light source. If I were you I would definitely spend some time to study values!

Hope that helps you! <3

Hey!! thanks for all the help! its really helpfull, I am working in some original characters, I havent post them on instagram because I dont want people to copy them.
Thanks for the book! I will definitively read it :biggrin:
I hace a wacom bamboo tablet, I really enjoy drawing with it, I use Paint Tool Sai for drawing, thanks for all your advice, I will try to use more lights :biggrin:
thank you again!!! :smile:
Reply 43
They offered me an unconditional for both courses!! And I have accepted the one for CVA! Thanks for all of your help and advice, I am over the moon.
Sian :smile:
Original post by SianVee
They offered me an unconditional for both courses!! And I have accepted the one for CVA! Thanks for all of your help and advice, I am over the moon.
Sian :smile:

Congratulations SianVee!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending