The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle entry 2016-17 applicants and offer holders

Scroll to see replies

who's visited the uni and what did you think?
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 61
Got an offer a few weeks back for MComp Computer Science with Year in Industry.

Original post by picklescamp
who's visited the uni and what did you think?

Before receiving my offer I attended an applicant day and the university was outstanding. I've seen 3 universities in total and it just destroys the others haha. Also, this may just be the CS members, but the people there were much more friendly than at other universities.
Original post by cnova

Before receiving my offer I attended an applicant day and the university was outstanding. I've seen 3 universities in total and it just destroys the others haha. Also, this may just be the CS members, but the people there were much more friendly than at other universities.

What other unis havr you looked at?
I have an offer for MEng Chemical Engineering with Industry (AAA) :biggrin:

Definitely gonna firm it, I'm so in love with the uni!
Applying for history - offer AABB (A in History and B in EPQ )

Think Newcastle will be my insurance and Bham will be my firm but not too sure yet :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by picklescamp
What other unis havr you looked at?

Royal Holloway University of London and Swansea University.
Original post by cnova

Good thing such people exist who visited the universities and can tell us about the experience, I never visited any of the universities I applied to:biggrin: Going to catch up on offer-holders days hopefully.
Original post by 0123456543210
Good thing such people exist who visited the universities and can tell us about the experience, I never visited any of the universities I applied to:biggrin: Going to catch up on offer-holders days hopefully.

Haha I'm the same, I've only visited one of the Unis so far, that was post-offer as well!
Original post by cnova

About the friendliness - I'm from Newcastle and it's honestly the most friendly place ever...you could be standing in a bus stop with someone you've just met and they'll be talking to you like they're a life long friend haha! Great place to live.
Put Newcastle down as my firm choice for Law...can't wait to start applying for accommodation now. Anyone know when we can start applying? And has anyone else put it as their firm?
Reply 70
Original post by lucyemmonds
Put Newcastle down as my firm choice for Law...can't wait to start applying for accommodation now. Anyone know when we can start applying? And has anyone else put it as their firm?

Well done! Just received offers for Law (AAA) from Manchester and Newcastle today. We can start applying for Newcastle accommodation from April I believe, however, rooms are allocated on a random basis providing the application was submitted before their end of June deadline, so it's not done on a first come first served basis.
Original post by sopwin
Well done! Just received offers for Law (AAA) from Manchester and Newcastle today. We can start applying for Newcastle accommodation from April I believe, however, rooms are allocated on a random basis providing the application was submitted before their end of June deadline, so it's not done on a first come first served basis.

Thanks - you too! :smile: do you know what you're putting as your firm/insurance yet? There's accommodation right behind the law school that a couple of my friends are in this year and they love it, would be so convenient to be there so I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed I'm put in there haha!
Reply 72
About the friendliness - I'm from Newcastle and it's honestly the most friendly place ever...you could be standing in a bus stop with someone you've just met and they'll be talking to you like they're a life long friend haha! Great place to live.

Sounds great. I'm from Swansea and the only people you'll see at bus stops here are chopsy chavs haha.
Original post by jesss332
I just needed to send them proof of my qualifications (EU applicant) - which I did, so now I'm waiting for it to change to unconditional :smile: what about you?

Hey there, may I ask where you're from? I'm from Germany (EU applicant) and I'm still waiting :frown:
Hey! I'm from Lithuania and received a conditional offer for Computer Science today :smile:
Reply 75
Ahh I got an email from them today and got all excited but it was just info about scholarships and awards 😏

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply 76
Thanks - you too! :smile: do you know what you're putting as your firm/insurance yet? There's accommodation right behind the law school that a couple of my friends are in this year and they love it, would be so convenient to be there so I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed I'm put in there haha!

I think I'm putting either King's College or Newcastle Law as my firm then Manchester (Law with Politics) as my insurance! That accommodation sounds good, what's it called?

I had a quick look at the accommodation site and really liked the look of The View and Park Terrace!
Original post by leamariest
Hey there, may I ask where you're from? I'm from Germany (EU applicant) and I'm still waiting :frown:

I'm from Italy :smile: my offer is still conditional though - they haven't changed it yet. I'm sure you'll get one soon, don't worry :h: do you already have your grades and the IELTS score?
Original post by sopwin
I think I'm putting either King's College or Newcastle Law as my firm then Manchester (Law with Politics) as my insurance! That accommodation sounds good, what's it called?

I had a quick look at the accommodation site and really liked the look of The View and Park Terrace!

I really wanted to do Law with Politics but Newcastle took it off their joint scheme 😑 It's called Windsor Terrace! It looks so basic on the accommodation part of Newcastle's website but I loved it - it's not the most flash accommodation but it's got a big social area and kitchen and with an en suite it's the same price as some of the nicer accommodation with a shared bathroom! I visited all of it and this one for me was the best purely cause of price, and how close it is to the law school and the middle of Newcastle. I'm hoping I get accepted into that one :smile:
Anyone got an offer for Politics yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending