The Student Room Group

A2 english language coursework help

I was wondering if somebody could help me...
in English we have been told about our coursework this year (which i think is AQA) and how it has to be about language.

The thing is i have no idea what to do mine on (i dont even really know what it is apart from compare two things to show language?) and every time i ask my teacher he always says "just do something you're doing at uni" which is NO help at all as i'm not going to uni and have told him numerous times???

I came up with one idea about the language in my area compared to my grandma's area and he basically said it was rubbish as i'd have to interview about 25 people on the streets and ask for their permission and record them etc. So basically he was saying that was too hard and i needed to think of something different.

If somebody just give me some sort of idea as to what i could do or even just what the hell is going on with the coursework (as my teacher is honestly really bad) that would really really be very appreciated!
Thank youu!!! :smile:
I hated this coursework! I compared the language between two different types of newspapers (tabloids and broadsheets) although this was pretty difficult, mainly because I hated the coursework and had no aspiration to do well it it since I did well in the first year and everything would balance out well. You can mention that topic to your teacher and see what they say. In my class it ended up with everyone struggling to find a topic so that topic was given to about 5 of us. I will try and think what others did in my class but I doubt i'll be able to remember.
Reply 2
Original post by Macaulayyy
I hated this coursework! I compared the language between two different types of newspapers (tabloids and broadsheets) although this was pretty difficult, mainly because I hated the coursework and had no aspiration to do well it it since I did well in the first year and everything would balance out well. You can mention that topic to your teacher and see what they say. In my class it ended up with everyone struggling to find a topic so that topic was given to about 5 of us. I will try and think what others did in my class but I doubt i'll be able to remember.

Thank you so much! I may as well give that a go seeing as I have nothing else to go with!

Quick Reply

Latest