The Student Room Group

How to take care of your skin on a long haul flight?

I'm going to be taking a 14 hour long flight this weekend and I really don't want to have dry skin and break outs afterwards (this is what usually happens after a long flight). So what do you guys suggest I do?
Reply 1
Original post by FishLover
I'm going to be taking a 14 hour long flight this weekend and I really don't want to have dry skin and break outs afterwards (this is what usually happens after a long flight). So what do you guys suggest I do?

Drink plenty of water. Avoid alcohol and fizzy drinks - in fact just don't bother with them.
Use moisturising cream.

Mix an oil in with your moisturiser (I recommend Vitamin E oil) as this will seal in moisture. You may look a little greasy at first, but this should keep you looking fresh for a while. Just remember to make sure it fits into carry on regulations. Also consider investing in a facial spray .
Reply 3
Original post by nucdev
Drink plenty of water. Avoid alcohol and fizzy drinks - in fact just don't bother with them.
Use moisturising cream.

Do you think just a regular moisturiser would be enough or do I need something heavier like vaseline? I really rather not look like a greasy slug
Reply 4

Do you think just a regular moisturiser would be enough or do I need something heavier like vaseline? I really rather not look like a greasy slug

No idea, but the answer by TurtleberrySoup sounds like good advice.
But bear in mind I'm a guy, I have no knowledge of these things :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by TurtleberrySoup
Mix an oil in with your moisturiser (I recommend Vitamin E oil) as this will seal in moisture. You may look a little greasy at first, but this should keep you looking fresh for a while. Just remember to make sure it fits into carry on regulations. Also consider investing in a facial spray .

Awesome idea. I'm going to try this tonight, just to get the oil to moisturiser ratio right hehe. I shall look into facial sprays as well. It would probably be fun to see people's reaction when I randomly take out a spray bottle and spray my face :colone:
Reply 6
Original post by nucdev
No idea, but the answer by TurtleberrySoup sounds like good advice.
But bear in mind I'm a guy, I have no knowledge of these things :s-smilie:

Ahaha. You clearly have some knowledge or maybe that's just common sense :smile:
Awesome idea. I'm going to try this tonight, just to get the oil to moisturiser ratio right hehe. I shall look into facial sprays as well. It would probably be fun to see people's reaction when I randomly take out a spray bottle and spray my face :colone:

:L I recommend Simple's brand of moisturisers, and you only need a little bit of oil - I usually apply about a level teaspoon of moisturiser and 3 - 4 drops of the oil. You can always reapply as necessary throughout the flight. The good thing about Vitamin E oil is that it absorbs really quickly. Shea butter is also good for locking in moisture. You can find it in most black hair shops, and it's available on Amazon.
I get nose bleeds during long-haul flights from the dry air. 14 hours is a very long flight. I'd advise getting a small tin of vaseline to keep things moisturized there. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest