The Student Room Group

History of Art Applicants 2015/16!!

Scroll to see replies

Got a place too:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woohoo! Hopefully we'll all be going to uni together :o:o

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got in too !!!! :smile: though I really don't know which to choose UCL or the Courtauld! Also can't decide between Warwick and York for insurance, any advice?
I think I'm going to go with UCL over Courtauld still 🌚

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer from The Courtauld too. Just going to firm it now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also got an offer :smile: should start a group or something..? x
I totally think we should :smile: one of us could make a Facebook page and/or group chat? If no one can be bothered I will.
Original post by FranScan97
I totally think we should :smile: one of us could make a Facebook page and/or group chat? If no one can be bothered I will.

I can now? what's the best way?? xx
Hmm, I'm not entirely sure as I'm pretty technologically illiterate 😂
I've created a Facebook page called Courtauld Offer Holders 2016. Please like so we can get the conversation going! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok so after all that I think I will firm Courtauld! Seems like such a wasted opportunity 😓 Such an indecisive mess these days😱

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 211
hey guys. I'm Eliane, a 20 year old mature student who is joining you youngins this september. We're going to have a blast. Yee Haw. Haha. Jokes. It will be fun, and it will be hard work.
You're only a year older than me! I'll be a year older than everyone else :smile:
I received offers from both the Courtauld and UCL but I'm really unsure which to go for. Although the Courtauld is incredible for History of Art and I love the sound of the course, I'm worried it might be limiting in the future. I feel as though I'll probably get more of a university experience at UCL, plus the university itself is better recognised outside of the art world. I'm literally split down the middle! Is anyone else in the same position?
Just out of curiousity, why waste taxpayers money on such a useless degree?
Oh look guys, another ********! Basically dear, history of art is like any other humanities degree, which basically means we can do whatever the **** we want with it afterwards, such as do a law or teaching conversion course. Also, if we go into the heritage/culture section, we get to make sure people don't end up becoming emotionless **** robots like you! 💓 glad you asked hunny
Reply 216
Original post by louise649
Got in too !!!! :smile: though I really don't know which to choose UCL or the Courtauld! Also can't decide between Warwick and York for insurance, any advice?

Hey! I am a finalist at Warwick. I had offers from Warwick, UCL, the Courtauld and Bristol so was in a similar position. If you wanna know why I chose Warwick/want more info message me. :smile:
Reply 217
Original post by natashaeva
I received offers from both the Courtauld and UCL but I'm really unsure which to go for. Although the Courtauld is incredible for History of Art and I love the sound of the course, I'm worried it might be limiting in the future. I feel as though I'll probably get more of a university experience at UCL, plus the university itself is better recognised outside of the art world. I'm literally split down the middle! Is anyone else in the same position?

well, if you want to stay in the art world, go to the Courtauld. Every single National Gallery director etc has been there. If you want to forge a strong career in the arts sector, going to the Courtauld would be an incredible opportunity.

however, if you want to keep your options open, go to ucl.

Are you thinking of your career or academic career, or do you want to make memories and have fun? you need to think about that.

my hunch.
Original post by natashaeva

The 'getting a university experience' is legit what's giving me second thoughts about the Courtauld too haha. It's would be such a great + beneficial experience to study there, but at the same time - I wonder whether or not I'd be missing out on all the usual chaos and fun you'd get from another uni. With such a small amount of students, I feel like that's unlikely?? Though, from what I've gathered, there are opportunities to mix with other UoL places... and I suppose we'll have the entirety of London to run around in.
I have these feels too but recently it just seems worth it to study here to me! At the end of the day, your uni experience is what you make of it, and although the Courtauld definitely isn't typical it's the differences in size and workload which put it miles above the rest. Perhaps if you're concerned with meeting as many people you could look into the intercollegiate halls, you'd be with loads of other UoL students which might help burst that Courtauld bubble :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending