The Student Room Group
Reply 1
yeh i know how you feel! i have double physics then double general studies. joy :mad:

but i dont think general studies will be too difficult i wouldnt worry about it. im doing the french language paper - and i didnt even do french as a gcse or anything. so that should be fun!

generally i think they just want clear and concise points, any arguments you make, which have well thought out reasons, should be valid!

:eek: aghh what time does the england game start?
Reply 2
5pm kick off

my exam starts at 1:40 but with the fact the whole yr does it it'll mean a bit longer collected papers etc so i reckon 3hours 20mins shud cover it taking me to 5pm exactly :s-smilie:
rockindemon
Im not looking forward 2 this at all. Thursday is the maths/science and german/culture paper which means i will possibly miss the first few mins of the england game :frown:

not that im gonna revise or nethin, but does anyone have any tips, cos i no the examiners r looking for specific things.

always remember to cover "both sides" of any argument
consider/criticise yoru sources for bias, reliability etc
making up lots of utter BS works for me :smile:

rosie
Reply 4
sigh! cant believe i chose to do this!! blinkin general studies!!
Reply 5
aghhh 5pm!! doom..gonna have to leg it home.

heyyy rosie, fancy seeing you here!

xxx
well don't forget everyone, its specifically banned to bring in a portable TV to an exam :wink:

rosie
Reply 7
lol u joker :biggrin:
Reply 8
Same... I'm making a dash for the pub the moment I finish the GS exams.
Reply 9
miyagi??!
I definately not going to finish in time for the match. I have to do German, Physics and this bloody General Studies.... very likely to overrun!
Reply 11
arses, i forgot about the culture bit. how long is the french bit compared with culture? the maths is 1hr 30, right?
Reply 12
luckily there is a pub veeeery close to school, i think we will all be sprinting straight there! we start exams at half 1 so hopefully we'll be out in time. i'm just going to read through the relevant bits of the text book on the morning and read the paper! the only good thing about general studies is that i can lazy about in the morning reading hte paper and claim it's "revision"!

Latest