The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy Personal Statement Question.

I'm applying for OT on UCAS however, does anyone know if I can refer to Occupational Therapy as (OT) in my personal statement (after using the term Occupational Therapy)?
I've shown a number of friends, family member and even careers adivsors and sixth form academic coach and none of them seem to comment or show raise any concern towards the use of 'OT' instead Occupational Therapy being used.

Could anyone let me know ASAP please,
thanks!
Original post by amberh133
I'm applying for OT on UCAS however, does anyone know if I can refer to Occupational Therapy as (OT) in my personal statement (after using the term Occupational Therapy)?
I've shown a number of friends, family member and even careers adivsors and sixth form academic coach and none of them seem to comment or show raise any concern towards the use of 'OT' instead Occupational Therapy being used.

Could anyone let me know ASAP please,
thanks!

As long as you bracket it after the first time then I cant see a problem with it :smile:
Reply 2
[QUOTE=claireestelle;60647631]As long as you bracket it after the first time then I cant see a problem with it :smile:
Thanks. I have another question regarding university. I want to apply to Oxford Brookes university I meet all the requirements (with higher grades) apart from the science GCSE. I have a equivalent to a science GCSE instead and they won't accept it. Is it still worth me applying just in case or not?
Thanks. I have another question regarding university. I want to apply to Oxford Brookes university I meet all the requirements (with higher grades) apart from the science GCSE. I have a equivalent to a science GCSE instead and they won't accept it. Is it still worth me applying just in case or not?

If they ve said they wont except one of your qualifications then i wouldnt risk it to be honest
Reply 4
[QUOTE=claireestelle;60653063]If they ve said they wont except one of your qualifications then i wouldnt risk it to be honest
I reckon if I take the risk & write them a separate covering letter, I could get somewhere....
I reckon if I take the risk & write them a separate covering letter, I could get somewhere....

There's probably a very good reason that they want you to have that grade in gcse (and not in an equivalent qualification) and generally universities aren't going to accept a letter to make them change their mind when its already made up, i m really sorry.

If you don't meet their basic requirements you won't progress any further. Apply to somewhere whose requirements you do meet.

You are going to be wasting your time. Universities are often much tighter on GCSEs than A levels, and you have already been told by them that they won't accept what you have. Don't set yourself up for disappointment. Your best bet is to enter yourself for the exam in the forthcoming May if you are determined to go there.
Reply 8
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You are going to be wasting your time. Universities are often much tighter on GCSEs than A levels, and you have already been told by them that they won't accept what you have. Don't set yourself up for disappointment. Your best bet is to enter yourself for the exam in the forthcoming May if you are determined to go there.

What exam? How do I do this and what will this exam get me? I have no idea what it is ah!!
What exam? How do I do this and what will this exam get me? I have no idea what it is ah!!

The GCSE science you don't have, although it may be too late for that now. I mean it's not too late to be entered, but it may be too late to start revising or learning the content.

Quick Reply

Latest