The Student Room Group

Islamophobia in London.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reformed
the woman in the video at the start claims she wears a hijab for religious purposes. this is incorrect there is no islamic requirement to wear a hijab

I cannot understand why women in Islam all of them insist so much to wear veils and hijabs.Anyone to explain that to me? all of them insist it is not a rule, and at the same time they don't dare to appear on the street with no such veil. Also, they shout they cannot live with no veil and complain if they have to appear without such clothing.

I clearly cannot understand it.

Please educate me.
Reply 261
Original post by Cin.Na.
I am a Buddhist. I cannot be terrorist. I am unable to do any violence. Nobody can practice Buddhism applying violence.

Violence is absolutely forbidden in Buddhism. To the extend that you cannot kill a worm in the soil if you want to do some gardening.

If that is applicable to the subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh dear, you might want to tell BaconandSauce that, he was saying that buddhists were just as violent
Original post by sw651
Posted from TSR Mobile

oh dear, you might want to tell BaconandSauce that, he was saying that buddhists were just as violent

I gave you Myanmar
google it if you care or not if you just want to score points
Original post by Cin.Na.
I cannot understand why women in Islam all of them insist so much to wear veils and hijabs.Anyone to explain that to me? all of them insist it is not a rule, and at the same time they don't dare to appear on the street with no such veil. Also, they shout they cannot live with no veil and complain if they have to appear without such clothing.

I clearly cannot understand it.

Please educate me.

there is some requirement in islam for women to cover their chests in public, but the hijab and abayya etc are all arabic cultural clothes that have been adopted simply because of the coincidence that they were worn orginally in islamic arab countries. But as with all things in the islamic world you will find differring opinions of what and how much shoudl be covered and by what.note there are people there ( ie clerics , shiekhs etc ) that make a living telling people what to do using islamic doctrine.

hence why muslims THINK they should wear a hijab. but it isnt fact
I'm sorry t say that Islamophobia has helped me by diverting bullies away from me onto Muslims. i was on the train getting picked on by some chavs and I told them there are some Muslim terrorists sitting over there, so they went over there and started on them.
Original post by GodAtum
I'm sorry t say that Islamophobia has helped me by diverting bullies away from me onto Muslims. i was on the train getting picked on by some chavs and I told them there are some Muslim terrorists sitting over there, so they went over there and started on them.

Do you know how insensitive that sounds? I know that this is probably a lie and that you really didn't do this and that the reason you are saying you did this is just to act funny and to create a stir and cause reactions but come on, at least have a bit of respect!

What you said is no laughing matter, this is a reality for some people who face discrimination and prejudice due to the mindless acts of a few that claim to be a "believer" of their religion/faith.
Jokes like these don't do any justice.
Original post by GodAtum

image.jpg
Reply 267
Muslims don't carry these attacks , its basically fake Muslims who want attention and want to bad name the religion and the people of Islam.
btw what you said is wrong. I mean just coz you get hated on does not mean go kill the person. and in all honest Muslims shouldn't get blamed for the attacks, just like no one blamed Christians for the kkk's.
P.S. I am a Muslim and I don't agree with you. no one should die because they were rude. but if they are racist then should be dealt with in court of law, with a fair judge. not a nice judge or a rude one but one that can tell between the difference
Original post by z33
I'm muslim... i don't blame people for reacting this way tbh they don't know any better but the violence was over the top. poor girls. I've been so scared to be on the tube and outside like I try to stay alert and ready in case something happens but ... idek man

#prayforparis though

Just another reason why human beings should stop following a religion made up by a human (that being all of them) and use their own brain to make their decisions. How can modern humans be so dense as to follow a religion that was told to them not by a god but by a human!!! Human beings lie they cheat they steal that make up stories as still millions follow the rantings of the insane!! People are so full of their own importance they think there's a paradise waiting for them! For better or for worse the only paradise is here on planet earth!
Reply 269
Original post by John Doe2015
Just another reason why human beings should stop following a religion made up by a human (that being all of them) and use their own brain to make their decisions. How can modern humans be so dense as to follow a religion that was told to them not by a god but by a human!!! Human beings lie they cheat they steal that make up stories as still millions follow the rantings of the insane!! People are so full of their own importance they think there's a paradise waiting for them! For better or for worse the only paradise is here on planet earth!

Wait what human :/
Islam wasn't created by a human X'D
it's a derivative of Christianity, which is a derivative of Judaism and all Abrahamic religions believe in the same one God :3

But omg John Doe you're alive :eek:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Right, well I'm not the one to debate about all the chaos that's been going on over the past couple of days. But to hear some of my friends' stories actually makes me feel sick:

One of my friends today told that me that one girl in our year got bottled at she was walking out of the mosque during the weekend, and was immediately taken to hospital for treatment.

My other friend, a very close one in fact, experienced such hate on the bus this morning. She went on like a normal girl going to school (obvs) and the bus was crowded so she was stuck at the front with the driver. At every traffic light he'd look at her for long periods of time and then at last he said "I don't want any trouble on this bus". Of course my friend brushed it off because she's not the sort to confront people. But a few minutes later he looked at her again and said "You obviously know that there is #prayforparis going on, I don't want people like you turning it into #prayforlondon". ;_; I told her she should've started recording this when she realised he kept on throwing glances at her but she thought nothing of it.

Do you honestly think something like this is acceptable? It just boggles me how an attack usually committed by a few can cause such suffering to a majority in a religion who stand against such violence.

This brings me onto the changing the profile pictures of Facebook to the French flag. Yes, I know lives were lost but the main issue I have with the gesture is the assumption that the lives in Paris are more important than the lives in countries such as Syria where bombing is an everyday reality for some. It's ridiculous. It's not only the deaths in Paris that matter, all deaths matter - regardless of where they're reported on the map.

And this is my little rant done. My heart goes out to those who've lost their lives.

edit: wow, I wrote a lot.

And now we reap the rewards of letting religion take hold in nout Beatiful world. Dismantle the mosques and the churchs, put the bibles and qurans in the library where they belong and let's use out brains to work out that religion is a load of horse ****. When will people grow up and put down fairy tales about paradise in the sky that a child should have trouble believing. What a shame we're still all so backward :frown:
Why is criticising Muslims politically incorrect?
I am ashamed to say this but racist bullying like this is the reason I dontbelieve in God or religion anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not to take anything away from your atheist religious bashing but it's getting old. Anti-theism still seems to be popular in this country, one thing everyone should look out for. Your assertion that there is no god( what I got from your "man made" argument) has no evidence and the theory of nothingness has no basis. It's just as irrational to believe in nothing as there is no scientific verifiable evidence for the theory of nothingness. Abiogenesis a concept that would be crucial for atheists has no evidence and is extremely unlikely to occur. Your assertions have no scientific basis but are simply your bigoted opinions expressed in a NOT so clever way and so is modern day atheism.
Original post by randomz13
I am ashamed to say this but racist bullying like this is the reason I dontbelieve in God or religion anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't let the abuse from the militant atheists and anti-theists prevent you from expressing your belief in God. They have no scientific or logical basis for their claims just a bigoted opinion.
Original post by Ali1302
Not to take anything away from your atheist religious bashing but it's getting old. Anti-theism still seems to be popular in this country, one thing everyone should look out for. Your assertion that there is no god( what I got from your "man made" argument) has no evidence and the theory of nothingness has no basis. It's just as irrational to believe in nothing as there is no scientific verifiable evidence for the theory of nothingness. Abiogenesis a concept that would be crucial for atheists has no evidence and is extremely unlikely to occur. Your assertions have no scientific basis but are simply your bigoted opinions expressed in a NOT so clever way and so is modern day atheism.

I think the burden of proof is on the people who believe in fairy tales when all the evidence points to the fact we are apes and not divine beings. People's egos are what really drives religion. Is there god? Well yes I would say there is but it won't be found in any one religion. Religion is man made not god made. God is a feeling, Mother Nature, your sixth sense not the drivel found in these laughable man made text books (bibles qurans). People can't handle the truth so they cling to this bull**** like a child clings to a feely blanket.
I think the burden of proof is on the people who believe in fairy tales when all the evidence points to the fact we are apes and not divine beings. People's egos are what really drives religion. Is there god? Well yes I would say there is but it won't be found in any one religion. Religion is man made not god made. God is a feeling, Mother Nature, your sixth sense not the drivel found in these laughable man made text books (bibles qurans). People can't handle the truth so they cling to this bull**** like a child clings to a feely blanket.

As expected atheists don't want to share the burden of proof and avoid taking any criticism for this, really pathetic. You say I have an ego than you have a ginormous ego, I also find your assertions laughable. Why not go to an atheist forum and start your religion bashing there where it could be more appreciated by other anti-theists around the world. Wait, if everything is man made then tell me is the planet man made?, is the universe man made? Is your ignorance man made? Is your bigotry man made?
Original post by Ali1302
As expected atheists don't want to share the burden of proof and avoid taking any criticism for this, really pathetic. You say I have an ego than you have a ginormous ego, I also find your assertions laughable. Why not go to an atheist forum and start your religion bashing there where it could be more appreciated by other anti-theists around the world. Wait, if everything is man made then tell me is the planet man made?, is the universe man made? Is your ignorance man made? Is your bigotry man made?

In a sense the planets are man made as we're all made from the same material.

Churches are full of bigots, full of ***** trying convince half wits that their way is the right way. If religion was god made Christian and Muslim countries would be great godly places not godless ****holes. It's a shame people are happy to poison their children's minds with disease, a lie that they are something more than an ape. If we locked up the priests and imams and started fresh with the realisation that there is no heaven so we need to make planet earth our heaven then this ridiculous world full of mindless apes would heal.
In a sense the planets are man made as we're all made from the same material.

Churches are full of bigots, full of ***** trying convince half wits that their way is the right way. If religion was god made Christian and Muslim countries would be great godly places not godless ****holes. It's a shame people are happy to poison their children's minds with disease, a lie that they are something more than an ape. If we locked up the priests and imams and started fresh with the realisation that there is no heaven so we need to make planet earth our heaven then this ridiculous world full of mindless apes would heal.

I don't know if your a troll or just a crazy anti-theist? How about this lets agree that you have originated from a monkey and I've originated from God. Also didn't know all the planets were man made too? Guess I'm just feeding a troll.
You didn't come from a god, that's just your ego and fear talking. You (and I) are the same as the gorillas in the forest and the dead animals that adorn out plates. No better and no worse. You are nothing special but your acts on planet earth can be. You re not going to heaven no matter what you do because it doesn't exist outside of out tiny frightened little minds. When you are dead you are gone forever. The only way you can live on is through your children (that's why we have then) and the good energy you leave here on earth. It's time we put our swollen ugly egos aside, stepped out of the dark ages and stopped using the lies of some long dead madman to control people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending