The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It was three weeks, and yes it starts on the 17th. Last year I missed mine, went flat-hunting instead. :frown:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 21
The main events are in the first 2 weeks, where there are events each of the weekdays, after which its just like 1 or 2 things on the 3rd week, by which time lectures have started properly. It doesnt really matter how long it is, its likely you wont go to all the events anyway.
Reply 22
^^Do dental students have their own night aswell? like law hire a nightclub...does the dental soc do anything like that?
Ahh im so excited for freshers week. yep im from london but gonna stay in halls. Dont wanna miss out on the uni life!!
Reply 24
I live in London & just that bit too close to feel the need for living in halls (and don't want the extra debt! but that's just me:P)

Cannot wait for fresher's week! I love to party, but at uni, with new friends and non-stop for atleast a week!? YAY! =]

Btw, does anyone know how are we told about freshers week; when it starts, what's happening etc. etc.??

xx
by mail^
Reply 26
crazyirish
I live in London & just that bit too close to feel the need for living in halls (and don't want the extra debt! but that's just me:P)

You're not the only one, I can't be doing with that extra debt either! Plus I get a cooked meal and laundry done when I come home :biggrin:
Reply 27
lol exactly :P
it would be excellent to have the full-on Uni experience, living in halls and everything, but I'm just too damn close really lol.

cant wait to start uni. we've just finished for study leave, so has really hit me that next time I'm in a class it'll be at uni! *cue panic*
Reply 28
What's going on on 12th then?

I need clothes so badly..but I can only drag 15kg with me :O Just gonna have to use my food budget on clothes then :biggrin:
Hmm ^ get yourself down to Primark on Oxford street as soon as you get here...the clothes are cheap so will not last that long but you can get some good pieces-this is if you're a girl
Lol, yeah primark in oxford street does fine for some of those one-off outfits. hehe. cheap and cheerful :smile:
Reply 31
are u guys all firm offers then like already definatly going??
im to scard to start thinkin about freshers week incase i jinx it or somefin if i dont get my grades lol
Reply 32
^You'd hope that we're all firm offers now considering it's July!
But yeah :smile:
:eek: TIME TO SHOP!!! (law at KCL, btw) i'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so like for freshers week, does everyone just go party all together??? im rele confused bout this.
Reply 34
Hey1 new to this forum! just added myself because i needed to find out about freshers, very confused! somebody said it would be 17th sept onwards? does anybody kno if this is correct! i have a prizegiving from my 6th form on the 18th so i would be a couple of days late! Do you think this would matter?
^ Hmm move in date is the 15th of September...do you live that far away that you couldn't go home for a night. I always think is best with these things to move in as early as possible so you can settle in and make friends.
Reply 36
I live in the lake district so its about a 4 hour travel at the least! i mite have to try and make it though! where are you staying? i might just have to see what information i get if i am accepted to make a decision! i really don't want to miss out but i was head boy so would be a bit rude not too!
Reply 37
hey all, i'm doin dent at KCL next year! I work for PTL, we usually get info about all freshers information, and I can add you all under my guestlist for cheaper entry! a lot of raves that week (and all year) will be run by us, so just facebook me (nirav dalia) or add me on msn ([email protected]) for more information! should be the best week of the year!
Nirav1
hey all, i'm doin dent at KCL next year! I work for PTL, we usually get info about all freshers information, and I can add you all under my guestlist for cheaper entry! a lot of raves that week (and all year) will be run by us, so just facebook me (nirav dalia) or add me on msn ([email protected]) for more information! should be the best week of the year!

Acronym Meaning
****** PTL Praise The Lord
****** PTL Pedro the Lion (band
?????? Part-time lecturer?
Reply 39
hah no no, PTL= Party Till Late
which i assume is what we're all after?!

Latest