The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Missed King's Guaranteed Accommodation Deadline

Missed the accommodation deadline for King's and now I'm on the waitlist. I'm an new overseas undergraduate student and I have no idea what to do... Should I just look somewhere else? I'm so paranoid, I check the portal daily but no rooms are ever available
Original post by Anonymous
Missed the accommodation deadline for King's and now I'm on the waitlist. I'm an new overseas undergraduate student and I have no idea what to do... Should I just look somewhere else? I'm so paranoid, I check the portal daily but no rooms are ever available

It seems reasonable to assume that not all candidates who have a conditional offer from King's will hit the required grades. As a result, a lot of accommodation will likely become available on or immediately after 18th August.

By all means look for private accommodation too, but there'd be little point in committing to anything else until you know how things stand after results day.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

There are still rooms popping up most days, I am checking regularly because we haven't decided if we want to live in halls
there will be rooms even by mid September so u can relax just check regularly and one will come up

datavenia is right you shouldn't commit to other accom especially private accom
There are still rooms popping up most days, I am checking regularly because we haven't decided if we want to live in halls
there will be rooms even by mid September so u can relax just check regularly and one will come up

datavenia is right you shouldn't commit to other accom especially private accom

I've been checking daily and nothing has shown so far :/
I've been checking daily and nothing has shown so far :/

dw just keep checking, you will see one before term start

Hi,
I’m in the same situation!!
It’s so unfair to the students like me who received their offer in may because by the time i got access to the portal everything was booked! Plus im an international student. I did not expect a uni like KCL to run out of accom!!!
Original post by khushali.k
Hi,
I’m in the same situation!!
It’s so unfair to the students like me who received their offer in may because by the time i got access to the portal everything was booked! Plus im an international student. I did not expect a uni like KCL to run out of accom!!!

exactly! I wasn't even aware of the guaranteed accommodation deadline! I've been gushing through my emails trying to find where I missed I can find nothing. Also an extremely weird system?? Students hogging up rooms before they have an unconditional offer and then rooms all of a sudden going up again in august!
Hello guys. mind sharing what you all went through in your situation? Cuz I find myself in the same exact circumstance and I feel like I'm absolutely screwed.
Reply 8
Original post by chuckyellowberry
Hello guys. mind sharing what you all went through in your situation? Cuz I find myself in the same exact circumstance and I feel like I'm absolutely screwed.

Same.. I only made it my firm choice today. So another day or so and then 2 ish weeks before i can even access the portal....
Original post by mwmwm
Same.. I only made it my firm choice today. So another day or so and then 2 ish weeks before i can even access the portal....

Man it appears we're on the same boat..... I really hope we don't end up homeless because of this 😭 What other options are you considering?
Reply 10
Original post by chuckyellowberry
Man it appears we're on the same boat..... I really hope we don't end up homeless because of this 😭 What other options are you considering?

Do you have any socials. Ngl i hate this interface and i only made an account on here to respond to one post
Original post by mwmwm

Hi, did you get your invite link to access the portal? I registered my interest on 3/6/2023 and still waiting for the access to the portal.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 12
Hello,

Is it feasible to wait until August? Does anyone know how many rooms become available in august after results day? I don’t want to wait and screw myself over.
Reply 13
Original post by Shashank Rao
Hi, did you get you invite link to access the portal? I registered my interest on 3/6/2023 and still waiting for the access to the portal.

Nope... "delays"....
Original post by Jimjam003
Hello,

Is it feasible to wait until August? Does anyone know how many rooms become available in august after results day? I don’t want to wait and screw myself over.

same me too everything is fully booked but i dont want to book external ones in case no one from kings lives there
Reply 15
I'm in the same situation as you guys. Anyone have any tips?? i'm stressed!! Should I check the Kings Accom website every day?

Original post by mwmwm
Do you have any socials. Ngl i hate this interface and i only made an account on here to respond to one post
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 16
Original post by brainpending
same me too everything is fully booked but i dont want to book external ones in case no one from kings lives there

The thing is, I think that in the non-KCL exclusive, you're more likely to find KCL that aren’t first year as they don’t have guaranteed accommodation. But then u might not want that cuz they’ll probably be focused on studying rather than freshers etc. (I’ll be doing both tho )
Reply 17
Original post by veau17
I'm in the same situation as you guys. Anyone have any tips?? i'm stressed!! Should I check the Kings Accom website every day?

I think checking every so often (more frequently as results day comes along is good). Also put yourself on waitlist for non-KCL accommodation just in case. You’ll probably get kings accom cuz ur first year but there’s a good chance it won’t be the one you want
Reply 18
Original post by Jimjam003
I think checking every so often (more frequently as results day comes along is good). Also put yourself on waitlist for non-KCL accommodation just in case. You’ll probably get kings accom cuz ur first year but there’s a good chance it won’t be the one you want

You don't get to choose? Can you at least put your preferences down.
Reply 19
Original post by veau17
You don't get to choose? Can you at least put your preferences down.

You do but the accom left might not be the one that you want as it’s first come first serve.

Quick Reply

Latest