The Student Room Group

Can't decide on what A-levels to choose

Okay, so I've tried searching for websites to kind of give me a push in to what I want to do for my A-levels but haven't found anything that useful so far (If you have any links to some useful websites please link them below that would be great. :smile:)

I do have some A-levels in mind as I have an interest in those subjects but I'm confused as to what jobs they'll lead me in to in the future.
These are the A-levels I have in mind.
1.English literature and language
2. Physcology
3.Product design
4. Either law or biology however, I'm feeling quite skeptical about law as I've heard that most universities don't like the course.
Are these a good range of A-levels? Will these get me anywhere? Heeeeelp.
Original post by noor.m
Okay, so I've tried searching for websites to kind of give me a push in to what I want to do for my A-levels but haven't found anything that useful so far (If you have any links to some useful websites please link them below that would be great. :smile:)

I do have some A-levels in mind as I have an interest in those subjects but I'm confused as to what jobs they'll lead me in to in the future.
2. Physcology
3.Product design
4. Either law or biology however, I'm feeling quite skeptical about law as I've heard that most universities don't like the course.

Hey there,

I'm a 3rd year Product Design student at Ravensbourne and I use to be interested in psychology. During GCSEs I wanted to choose psychology since I was strongly interested in it but I changed my path to product.

Your A levels could lead you anywhere, depending on what path you would like to take and even if you may not be interested in the path you've chosen, there is always help to get you to where you want. :smile:
It might be good to visit Universities to see how they view the subject and how people got to where they're at. This helped me a lot when I was deciding what A-levels to take. :biggrin:

I chose the Product Design path as it could get me into designing a range of different products such as packaging for food, toys, beauty products and others. It could also allow me to design furniture, kids toys, technology base products and many others. There is so much to choose from.

As for Phsychology, you can check this website out: http://www.prospects.ac.uk/options_psychology.htm
It's what I used to help me decide if I wanted to do the subject or not.

Feel free to come and check out Ravensbourne for Design courses :smile: it could help you understand where you might want to go.

Here's a link to our page Click Here.

Hope this helps

Kay
Reply 2
Original post by Ravensbourne
Hey there,

I'm a 3rd year Product Design student at Ravensbourne and I use to be interested in psychology. During GCSEs I wanted to choose psychology since I was strongly interested in it but I changed my path to product.

Your A levels could lead you anywhere, depending on what path you would like to take and even if you may not be interested in the path you've chosen, there is always help to get you to where you want. :smile:
It might be good to visit Universities to see how they view the subject and how people got to where they're at. This helped me a lot when I was deciding what A-levels to take. :biggrin:

I chose the Product Design path as it could get me into designing a range of different products such as packaging for food, toys, beauty products and others. It could also allow me to design furniture, kids toys, technology base products and many others. There is so much to choose from.

As for Phsychology, you can check this website out: http://www.prospects.ac.uk/options_psychology.htm
It's what I used to help me decide if I wanted to do the subject or not.

Feel free to come and check out Ravensbourne for Design courses :smile: it could help you understand where you might want to go.

Here's a link to our page Click Here.

Hope this helps

Kay

Thank you so much! You really helped me a lot :smile:
Original post by chocochip_

2. Physcology
3.Product design

The main part is to check what field are you going in. If you are interested in humanities, psychology is a good choice. However if the subjects you are willing to take are suitable for your career you're good to go. Make sure whatever field you're choosing , take a look at their a level subjects needs. This is the main method for you to choose your subjects or if you don't know which field try some career quizzes like opencolleges.com
The combination you chose will help you to pursue humanities, journalism designing and major in English
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest