University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

University of Leicester offer holders 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by cdawson27
I've got an unconditional for English woo!

I need some help on which halls are best! - I want to be in a band so hopefully one which would help this (i.e. studios near???).
I know John Foster, Digby Hall and Beaumont Hall all seem to but has anyone got any info on which is the most fun?

Dont know if they showed it on your accommodation tour (if you went ofc) but the Oadby village hub had 3/4 music rooms with equipment, (guitars, drums [electric & acoustic], amps, pedals, headphone etc) not sure about the recording ability there though, but the tour guide said it was all free for students to use, which seemed pretty cool!

I firmed leicester and applied to Beaumont and i play bass! :biggrin:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Anca Iliuta
Mary Gee houses. You?
Btw, are you in the fb group chat? :smile:

Didn't choose yet!
Nooo, didn't hear about a chat like that, would you add me? I've sent a pm message to you
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 182
I have an offer for Chemistry but I'm struggling to choose between Kent and Leicester.
Original post by faati97
I have an offer for Chemistry but I'm struggling to choose between Kent and Leicester.

Had the same decision to make, both of them are highly ranked in my course, but Kent had not the best student reviews surprisingly. Leicester City football club had some impact as well ^^. I suggest you see which uni is better at chemistry, job prospects, student opinions on that course and etc.
Reply 184
Original post by Muchaco
Had the same decision to make, both of them are highly ranked in my course, but Kent had not the best student reviews surprisingly. Leicester City football club had some impact as well ^^. I suggest you see which uni is better at chemistry, job prospects, student opinions on that course and etc.

Yeah, I know. My friend recently visited the uni and she wasn't too pleased with the uni. Course wise, I think Leicester is better. Haha, what's your course? Leicester City is doing tremendously well, yeah.
Original post by faati97
Yeah, I know. My friend recently visited the uni and she wasn't too pleased with the uni. Course wise, I think Leicester is better. Haha, what's your course? Leicester City is doing tremendously well, yeah.

My course is Criminology.
Yep! Really can't wait to see the champions myself next year
Reply 186
Original post by Muchaco
My course is Criminology.
Yep! Really can't wait to see the champions myself next year

Oh my god, that's such a cool course. After Chemistry, I intend to do Forensics. How do you like Leicester?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by faati97
Oh my god, that's such a cool course. After Chemistry, I intend to do Forensics. How do you like Leicester?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think I'll really love it.
That's amazing man, gonna be really interesting for you.
Sadly I'm not there yet, I'm a fresher for the next year, but I'm sure the uni won't disappoint me
Reply 188
Original post by Muchaco
Yeah I think I'll really love it.
That's amazing man, gonna be really interesting for you.
Sadly I'm not there yet, I'm a fresher for the next year, but I'm sure the uni won't disappoint me

Oh cool, so if we end up there it would be nice to know one person, haha. Have you confirmed it as your firm choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I firmed :smile:
Original post by faati97
Oh cool, so if we end up there it would be nice to know one person, haha. Have you confirmed it as your firm choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it would be nice! 😊
I did! Just not sure what accommodation to choose right now
Reply 191
Original post by Muchaco
Yeah it would be nice! 😊
I did! Just not sure what accommodation to choose right now

I haven't yet. I am so confused between Cardiff and Leicester. I dropped Kent completely. They're quite inflexible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by faati97
I haven't yet. I am so confused between Cardiff and Leicester. I dropped Kent completely. They're quite inflexible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah, Cardiff is really nice, gonna be a tough choice :biggrin: I'd say have a list of pros and cons of them both, having course quality and the social environment in mind
Reply 193
Original post by Muchaco
Oh yeah, Cardiff is really nice, gonna be a tough choice :biggrin: I'd say have a list of pros and cons of them both, having course quality and the social environment in mind

Do you mind if we can talk somewhere else? I would like a second opinion, please.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by faati97
Do you mind if we can talk somewhere else? I would like a second opinion, please.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah sure, you can pm me!
Reply 195
Got an unconditional offer for maths!

Applying for accommodation in Oadby and was just wondering what the difference between John Foster Houses and JF Pavilions as I didn't get shown JF on the ucas open day.
Original post by A level sufferer
I am a current student at Leicester if anyone has any questions, i'd be more than happy to answer :smile:

Hi!
Read a few of your replies to people about your student life/ course and don't now if you've mentioned but are you doing Economics BSc or BA?
I've applied to Financial Economics and Economics BSc for both (yes I know) and wanted to know, whichever one you're doing, what the maths is like in your course?
Also, accommodation: which one would you say is the best and do you know anywhere I can get photos, posted about it but don't think anyone is going to reply lol!
Thanks in advance : )
Original post by jd247
Got an unconditional offer for maths!

Applying for accommodation in Oadby and was just wondering what the difference between John Foster Houses and JF Pavilions as I didn't get shown JF on the ucas open day.

Wow congrats on the offer!!
Look at their website if you haven't already: https://rooms.le.ac.uk/student_portal/
enter new application etc. and it shows all accomo. choices
Hope it helps!
Reply 198
Original post by faati97

Are you doing a masters degree in chemistry? or a Bsc? because I got an offer from them for a masters in chemistry
Reply 199
Criminology! conditional offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending