The Student Room Group

Oxford History Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by IzzySaskia
Someone on the main Oxford 2016 thread has said they've got an interview invite for Mansfield...I haven't heard of anyone else hearing about history from any college, so I was wondering if this was just a bit of a joke or not...

Nope it's true, I checked on the Mansfield website earlier and they have sent out history interview requests. Usually, colleges follow a similar timetable in regards to sending requests for individual subjects, however this doesn't always appear to hold true.

Check your college website for more information, Wadham for example has it here >> https://www.wadham.ox.ac.uk/students/undergraduates/admissions/candidate-information
Original post by drumsticks
Nope it's true, I checked on the Mansfield website earlier and they have sent out history interview requests. Usually, colleges follow a similar timetable in regards to sending requests for individual subjects, however this doesn't always appear to hold true.

Check your college website for more information, Wadham for example has it here >> https://www.wadham.ox.ac.uk/students/undergraduates/admissions/candidate-information

Oh wow! OK thanks. Ah I'm genuinely nervous now...:s-smilie:

I'm applying to Pembroke, but unfortunately I can't seem to find anything along those lines...
Does anyone have any idea why Merton college seem to be taking forever on literally everything? It's irksome!
Reply 63
Original post by IzzySaskia
Oh wow! OK thanks. Ah I'm genuinely nervous now...:s-smilie:

I'm applying to Pembroke, but unfortunately I can't seem to find anything along those lines...

http://puu.sh/lxlHL/7f3147b650.png

Yeah, nerves are setting in for me too :/ this is all I could find, so I suppose expect something before the end of November? :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by TheBilboBaggins
Does anyone have any idea why Merton college seem to be taking forever on literally everything? It's irksome!

In regards to sending history interview invites? For some reason history invites appear to be the last to be sent off, it's the same for the majority of colleges :/
Original post by drumsticks
In regards to sending history interview invites? For some reason history invites appear to be the last to be sent off, it's the same for the majority of colleges :/

I thought so for History, but they don't appear to have sent any invites for anything! Bit weird...
Reply 66
If anyone else has applied to keble, letters have been posted for history/ancient and modern history today so should be arriving very soon.
Original post by aggy98
If anyone else has applied to keble, letters have been posted for history/ancient and modern history today so should be arriving very soon.

History and Politics too it seems
Odds on it being tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by millieellen
Odds on it being tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some colleges have done History or related joint honours so I'm sure more colleges will send some interviews out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Igs20
Some colleges have done History or related joint honours so I'm sure more colleges will send some interviews out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you happen to know which colleges have done History and joint honours interview invites?
Reply 71
Original post by lucyx
Joint schools: N/A
College: New

GCSE results: 11A*s

AS subjects: History, French, German, Latin and RS
AS results: AAAAA
A2 predicted: A*A*A*

Personal statement/areas of interest: Middle Eastern history, Lessons From Auschwitz, some Medieval stuff, historiography...
How did the HAT go: Really really really unsure! (Didn't like question 1b?)
HAT question 2 topic: Fascists in Italy in the 1920s
Subject of written work: Pretenders to Henry VII's throne

Town where you live: Bristol :biggrin:

This doesnt bring me joy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Joint schools: n/a
College: Wadham

GCSE results: 5A* 4A 1B
AS subjects: History, Biology, Information Technology, Psychology
AS results: AABB
A2 predicted: A*AA
Personal statement/areas of interest: Tudor Period, Wars of the Roses, Women's equality and inequality fluctuating over time
How did the HAT go: 1 was awful, 2 was okay but not as good as it could have been, 3 went well overall
HAT question 2 topic: Boleyn Faction in Henry VIII's court
Subject of written work: Did the Duke of Somerset earn his reputation as the 'Good duke' during Edward VI's reign?

Town where you live: Bournemouth
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by africalw

How did the HAT go: 1 and 2 were bad, 3 was okay but not as good as it could have been, 4 went well overall
Subject of written work: Did the Duke of Somerset earn his reputation as the 'Good duke' during Edward VI's reign?

You answered all four questions?!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Joint schools: n/a
College: Wadham

GCSE results: 5A* 4A 1B
AS subjects: History, Biology, Information Technology, Psychology
AS results: AABB
A2 predicted: A*AA
Personal statement/areas of interest: Tudor Period, Wars of the Roses, Women's equality and inequality fluctuating over time
How did the HAT go: 1 and 2 were bad, 3 was okay but not as good as it could have been, 4 went well overall

I'm a PPE applicant for Oxford, but I'm also applying to Wadham and I'm also from Bournemouth! (More near Poole, but w/e). I shall now back out of this thread :smile:
Original post by millieellen
You answered all four questions?!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I meant 1 was bad, 2 okays and 3 good. Don't know why I added an extra ahaha, guess thats my queue to go to bed
Original post by bulbawill
I'm a PPE applicant for Oxford, but I'm also applying to Wadham and I'm also from Bournemouth! (More near Poole, but w/e). I shall now back out of this thread :smile:

cool, what school do you go to?
cool, what school do you go to?

Lytchett Minster School, its more towards the Purbecks area. What about you?
No, I meant 1 was bad, 2 okays and 3 good. Don't know why I added an extra ahaha, guess thats my queue to go to bed

I was going to say how did you manage that 😂 I think that's a good idea, hopefully will be one day closer to finding out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Joint schools: N/A
College: Exeter

GCSE results: 6A*s 2As 2Bs 1C

AS subjects: N/A
AS results: N/A
A2 predicted: N/A

IB Subjects: HL History, HL, English Lit, HL Geo, SL Spanish, SL Biology, SL Maths Studies
IB Predicted: 42 (out of 45)

Personal statement/areas of interest: Mughal Empire, Iranian Revolution, Post-Soviet Afghanistan, taking part in Model United Nations, the Crucible etc.
How did the HAT go: Not sure... don't really want to think about it hahah
HAT question 2 topic: The Italian Mafia during the American Prohibition Era
Subject of written work: Was the Outcome of the Spanish Civil War Determined by Nationalist Strengths or Republican Weaknesses

Town where you live: Manila, Philippines

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending