The Student Room Group

Captured IS fighters interviewed and reveal Turkey supplies and supports them.

Interesting clip of interviewed IS prisoners of the YPG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSs1uc2OZkM

Scroll to see replies

Well, it is a propaganda video. I wouldn't take everything seriously
The video doesn't seem to be very continuous. There are frequent edits, especially around the parts where he allegedly states that "Turkey supports them".
[video="youtube;gVQuZf1FewU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVQuZf1FewU[/video]
Original post by TheArtofProtest
The video doesn't seem to be very continuous. There are frequent edits, especially around the parts where he allegedly states that "Turkey supports them".

This seems like it was aired in an Israeli news broadcast. If you scroll down the comments you'll see the uploader's comments. Regardless, one Turkish official's action shouldn't mean the country itself is supporting isis.

What i found really strange was how the sheikhs gave these prisoners a pill (drug) so that they can kill people in the name of Islam. The stricter interpretation of Islam disallows recreational drugs for anything but medical purposes.
Original post by DiceTheSlice
This seems like it was aired in an Israeli news broadcast. If you scroll down the comments you'll see the uploader's comments. Regardless, one Turkish official's action shouldn't mean the country itself is supporting isis.

I happen to agree.

What i found really strange was how the sheikhs gave these prisoners a pill (drug) so that they can kill people in the name of Islam. The stricter interpretation of Islam disallows recreational drugs for anything but medical purposes.

I suspect that were you to put this argument in front of the leadership of IS, they'll say something along the lines of "It's for the greater good".

Keeping adherents of the faith stoned in order to do crazy stuff isn't anything new.
Original post by TheArtofProtest

I happen to agree.

I suspect that were you to put this argument in front of the leadership of IS, they'll say something along the lines of "It's for the greater good".

Shame to see people's will being controlled so easily.

Slightly on topic; Putin's claim that Turkey is an accomplice of Isis should bring in interesting developments. I would be shocked if Erdogan resigned in any circumstance.

Original post by MatureStudent36
Keeping adherents of the faith stoned in order to do crazy stuff isn't anything new.

but is it allowed by the said faith?
Captured fighters "interviewed" is that what they call it now...?
Reply 9
Given that ISIS has carried out terrorist attacks in Turkey I am sceptical there is the level of support the Russians and others are claiming.
This is propoganda fuelled again by the CIA and Mossad. They want to destabilise Turkey as it is an economic powerhouse and a growing superpower and just so happens to be muslim majority. We all know the Americans funded ISIS like they funded the Taliban, its written in history. Now after taking down Iraq and Afghanistan and Syria, Turkey is the next target of their propaganda bull****
Reply 11
Original post by mikeoxlong000
This is propoganda fuelled again by the CIA and Mossad. They want to destabilise Turkey as it is an economic powerhouse and a growing superpower and just so happens to be muslim majority. We all know the Americans funded ISIS like they funded the Taliban, its written in history. Now after taking down Iraq and Afghanistan and Syria, Turkey is the next target of their propaganda bull****

It would't be a conspiracy theory without a reference to the CIA and the Jews.

Turkey is not an economic powerhouse and has managed to damage its own economy.

Turkey will never be a superpower

If the Americans cared about powerful Islamic countries they would not have spent the better part of fifty years building up and protecting Saudi Arabia

Islam as a whole is irrelevant to American foreign policy.

America has not funded ISIS

America never funded the Taliban

Syria destroyed itself thanks to Assad's own actions

Afghanistan was a state before the Americans got there, if they wanted to be left alone the Taliban should not have shielded al Qaeda.

Turkey is a target of no one, except perhaps the Kurds and Russians. Again thanks to its own actions.
Shame to see people's will being controlled so easily.

Slightly on topic; Putin's claim that Turkey is an accomplice of Isis should bring in interesting developments. I would be shocked if Erdogan resigned in any circumstance.

I think Putin is blustering and trying not to lose face.

His mind cannot comprehend that someone would have the audacity to shoot down an aggressive Russian jet so the only conceivable explanation that he can come up with is that Turkey are helping IS, with tenuous links and simply a convergence of evidence.

In actual fact, Russia's reluctance to target IS, and indeed IS themselves have spoken of this, corresponding with it's enthusiasm to target anti-Assad groups has led to IS controlling more and more territory within Syria.
Original post by Aj12
It would't be a conspiracy theory without a reference to the CIA and the Jews.

Turkey is not an economic powerhouse and has managed to damage its own economy.

Turkey will never be a superpower

If the Americans cared about powerful Islamic countries they would not have spent the better part of fifty years building up and protecting Saudi Arabia

Islam as a whole is irrelevant to American foreign policy.

America has not funded ISIS

America never funded the Taliban

Syria destroyed itself thanks to Assad's own actions

Afghanistan was a state before the Americans got there, if they wanted to be left alone the Taliban should not have shielded al Qaeda.

Turkey is a target of no one, except perhaps the Kurds and Russians. Again thanks to its own actions.

First of all, I never mentioned the Jews, I mentioned Mossad, an Israeli secret service, their religion has no relevance to this argument.

And false, Turkey is in economic boom, mainly due to their exports. Suprisingly more things are labelled as made in Turkey nowadays, with it before being dominated by Made in China. Google it.

Turkey has an incredible and very powerful geographical position, which is why many have tried to take Istanbul for example and failed. One of the reasons Afghanistan was invaded was due to its prime geographical position and its opium trade.

And please don't use Saudi Arabia as an example of anything, it is an abhorrent regime with a puppet ruling family that are only there to serve the needs of the Americans. If you think otherwise you may want to question why the USA turns a blind eye to the atrocious amount of human rights violations committed by Saudi, as the Americans don't care as long as they are getting oil.

The Americans funded the mujaheedeen which developed into the Taliban so yes in a sense, the Americans funded the taliban. The Americans have done it once before, why not again? (with regards to ISIS). Perhaps they funded them to take out Assad, a cruel dictator, but no less cruel than Saudi might I add. But yet again, America's little side project has gone astray
Reply 14
First of all, I never mentioned the Jews, I mentioned Mossad, an Israeli secret service, their religion has no relevance to this argument.

And false, Turkey is in economic boom, mainly due to their exports. Suprisingly more things are labelled as made in Turkey nowadays, with it before being dominated by Made in China. Google it.

Turkey has an incredible and very powerful geographical position, which is why many have tried to take Istanbul for example and failed. One of the reasons Afghanistan was invaded was due to its prime geographical position and its opium trade.

And please don't use Saudi Arabia as an example of anything, it is an abhorrent regime with a puppet ruling family that are only there to serve the needs of the Americans. If you think otherwise you may want to question why the USA turns a blind eye to the atrocious amount of human rights violations committed by Saudi, as the Americans don't care as long as they are getting oil.

The Americans funded the mujaheedeen which developed into the Taliban so yes in a sense, the Americans funded the taliban. The Americans have done it once before, why not again? (with regards to ISIS). Perhaps they funded them to take out Assad, a cruel dictator, but no less cruel than Saudi might I add. But yet again, America's little side project has gone astray

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11640135/How-Turkeys-economy-went-from-flying-to-flagging-and-could-get-worse.html Turkey's amazing economy.

Yes it is, hence why it is a member of NATO and why the Americans would not want to destabilize the country.

You claimed America was launching some war against Islam by destabilizing Turkey, Saudi Arabia is an example of many Muslim countries that US regularly works with.

The Mujhadeen and the Taliban were completely different organisations. It broke down in the 90's after the Soviets left and Afghanistan fell into civil war. To say the Americans in any way created the Taliban is false. The Americans did not found the Mujhadeen either, they funnelled money to them through the Pakistani ISI who then distributed it to favoured agents. They were an already existing group the US and Pakistan worked through.

They did not fund ISIS at all. Your argument also falls down given that ISIS have spent more time fighting the groups the US are funding than Assad. They have for the most part left Assad alone.
Original post by Aj12
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11640135/How-Turkeys-economy-went-from-flying-to-flagging-and-could-get-worse.html Turkey's amazing economy.

Yes it is, hence why it is a member of NATO and why the Americans would not want to destabilize the country.

You claimed America was launching some war against Islam by destabilizing Turkey, Saudi Arabia is an example of many Muslim countries that US regularly works with.

The Mujhadeen and the Taliban were completely different organisations. It broke down in the 90's after the Soviets left and Afghanistan fell into civil war. To say the Americans in any way created the Taliban is false. The Americans did not found the Mujhadeen either, they funnelled money to them through the Pakistani ISI who then distributed it to favoured agents. They were an already existing group the US and Pakistan worked through.

They did not fund ISIS at all. Your argument also falls down given that ISIS have spent more time fighting the groups the US are funding than Assad. They have for the most part left Assad alone.

I never said it was part of a war against Islam lol, stop putting words into my mouth. The breakdown of the mujahadeen led to the formation of the taliban? They have a strong link, perhaps shared members. The Americans gave the mujahadeen the weapons the taliban eventually used to fight off American troops, hence the irony of the war.
Original post by Aj12
Given that ISIS has carried out terrorist attacks in Turkey I am sceptical there is the level of support the Russians and others are claiming.

Are you thinking of the bombing of the peace rally in Ankara? I think we should treat with caution Turkey's immediate claim that it was Al Qaida / ISIS behind that. The rally was calling for peace with the PKK and since the Turkish government have gone on to continue bombing Kurdish PKK camps (the Kurds being our best and most pro-active and effective allies on the ground against ISIS) it seems suspicious to me. I suspect Turkish black ops were behind it. The Erdogan government has increasingly been demonstrating a contempt for civil rights and they are big helpers of ISIS in a number of ways.

It's outrageous that Turkey, a NATO member state, is directly supporting the same people planning major murder campaigns in the west, but that is in fact the case.
Reply 17
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Are you thinking of the bombing of the peace rally in Ankara? I think we should treat with caution Turkey's immediate claim that it was Al Qaida / ISIS behind that. The rally was calling for peace with the PKK and since the Turkish government have gone on to continue bombing Kurdish PKK camps (the Kurds being our best and most pro-active and effective allies on the ground against ISIS) it seems suspicious to me. I suspect Turkish black ops were behind it. The Erdogan government has increasingly been demonstrating a contempt for civil rights and they are big helpers of ISIS in a number of ways.

It's outrageous that Turkey, a NATO member state, is directly supporting the same people planning major murder campaigns in the west, but that is in fact the case.

I thought there was a more concrete link to ISIS? I know the Turks tried to claim it was the Kurds at one point, which made little to no sense. Still I can't imagine they would bomb their people. At the very least not in their own capital.

It may not have been seen to be in US geopolitical interests to undermine Assad, if only because as we've seen, it opens the door to Jihadi groups in Syria on Israel's borders, but also because Israel had relatively calm relations with Assad, although it didn't stop them from time to time bombing things in Syria. :rolleyes:

There is plenty of evidence that Turkey has actively assisted ISIS and continues to.

LOL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending