The Student Room Group

Should I message Her?

So I met a girl last friday on a night out, we talked for a good while as we were waiting in line to hand our coats in. However she was served first, and from then on I didn't see her for the rest of the night. I sent her a friend request on facebook the following monday but she hasn't yet accepted the request.

So I was wondering whether you think I should send her a message? I was thinking something along the lines of:
"Hey (name here), just in case you were wondering, we met last friday night whilst waiting to hand in our coats. I was the guy from (information about me). So I was wondering whether you would like to meet up sometime? If not just ignore this message haha."

So should I try sending her a message, or just cut my losses and move on? I know its looking unlikely. Your advice would be much appreciated, thanks.
yes! You never know what could happen unless you try.

Good luck!
Move the bloody FACK on
cos this sounds all desperate 2 me
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So I met a girl last friday on a night out, we talked for a good while as we were waiting in line to hand our coats in. However she was served first, and from then on I didn't see her for the rest of the night. I sent her a friend request on facebook the following monday but she hasn't yet accepted the request.

So I was wondering whether you think I should send her a message? I was thinking something along the lines of:
"Hey (name here), just in case you were wondering, we met last friday night whilst waiting to hand in our coats. I was the guy from (information about me). So I was wondering whether you would like to meet up sometime? If not just ignore this message haha."

So should I try sending her a message, or just cut my losses and move on? I know its looking unlikely. Your advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

I would give her until the weekend to accept your request but you should have sent the message with the add as you barely know each other well. If she dosent respond to the message then move on she might have a bf anyway.
You doesn't lose anything in trying, why you bother about rejection just ask her. The world is not going to end is she says NOO
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

These situations can be quite gut-wrenching can't they? Although humans are predisposed to assume the worse; i.e. she's seen your friendship request and has actively decided not to accept it, there could be a million other explanations as to why she hasn't. I'm agonisingly slow at accepting friendship requests on Facebook. Perhaps she hasn't had a chance to log in because she's been very busy? I wouldn't assume that your chances are totally finished.

As for messaging her, maybe hold your horses a while longer. You want to retain your cool, if that makes sense? If you must, then don't suggest meeting up in the first message. I think that's a tad abrupt, particularly as you just had a (presumably tipsy) conversation in a hanger queue, you hardly know the woman! It could end up being entirely counter-productive to your desired ends and actually put her off. Maybe something like...

"Hey (name), just in case you were wondering, we met last friday night whilst waiting to hand in our coats. I was the guy from (information about me). I hope you got home safely?"

...might be a little less forward. Admittedly, I'm old fashioned and am not very used to the mores of social media (particularly when it comes to dating) but you want to talk to her, get to know her a bit better and then ask her out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending