The Student Room Group

ive tried to look for jobs and just can't get one

:18 - full time student - i have 2 days off a week mon+thurs, in from 9 - 4 tue-wed-fri = (more than 16 hours) which means i cannot get job seekers allowance.

i do not get ema, both parents made redudant, which should make me elgible but they require (p60) form, and they dont know where to get it from, i went to connections they said there employee's i told them they are not working, she said the job centre. my dad is going down there 2day or tommorow, not sure.

i have applied loads of places but i just can get a steady job :frown:. i have really desperate for money to pay 4 bills, and to save up for a car, but i am relaly in a bad situations,

i am not being lazy and not looked for jobs, i have really looked, and i just cant seem to get 1 for sum reason. i dont know if i am eligble for any benefits. so i am just stuck :frown:

any advice please?
thanks c.duffy
Reply 1
Do you have a CV? Sorry to sound harsh but I hope your grammar/spelling is better than that when you send them out or fill in application forms, otherwise prospective employers will run a mile.

Where have you tried so far? Most supermarkets/large stores will be looking for staff this time of year, if you phone round some of your local ones they will be able to tell you if they have anything. Try their websites too, as you can apply online for some, like M&S etc. If you try the careers section theres links in there to websites where you can apply for jobs, and ideas on where to look
Reply 2
signing up to an agency can be useful and if you get a placement you enjoy you could see about getting a longer term place.
go into your local shops and down high streets and ask

Latest

Trending

Trending