The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Official Lancaster University freshers 2023 chat

Hello and welcome to all the Lancaster University Freshers of 2023! :hello:

You made it through your exams, results day has been and gone, and now you finally know where you’ll be headed in just a few weeks! :thumbsup:

This is a place where you can introduce yourself, meet other students who’ll be joining you at university, and make a few friends even before you arrive! :yeah:

So to kick off, why not introduce yourself with:
What course you’ll be studying
What you like doing in your spare time
What you’re most looking forward to about studying at Lancaster University

Only share as much information as you wish.
In this forum, you can post anonymously if you tick the box at the bottom. :smile:

Finally, a few useful threads you might want to take a look at to help you prepare:
Remember to update your student finance application - The Student Room

Good luck everyone and a massive WELL DONE for everything you have achieved!

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I'll be studying Philosophy, Politics and Economics.:beerglass:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Congratulations on your place, we look forward to welcoming you to campus!

Nellie (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hi! My name's Ada.
My Degree subject is Linguistics and I'm planning on doing Physics and a language as my additional units, seeing what works best once I can access the portal in September.
In my spare time, I'll be doing lots of climbing and swimming at the gym, and hopefully finding a good friend group though societies!
I'm looking forward to studying the neurolinguistic and psycholinguistic parts of the course, especially as they go more in depth in the second year.
If you aren't a Miraculous fan, you wouldn't know that my username indicates that I am, but that's fine.
I'd love to chat with some fellow upcoming students before I arrived, but I'm not great with Student Room so feel free to PM me for my email so we can chat. I can also do WhatsApp and text, but won't give my number out so quickly.
Original post by Marichatforever
Hi! My name's Ada.
My Degree subject is Linguistics and I'm planning on doing Physics and a language as my additional units, seeing what works best once I can access the portal in September.
In my spare time, I'll be doing lots of climbing and swimming at the gym, and hopefully finding a good friend group though societies!
I'm looking forward to studying the neurolinguistic and psycholinguistic parts of the course, especially as they go more in depth in the second year.
If you aren't a Miraculous fan, you wouldn't know that my username indicates that I am, but that's fine.
I'd love to chat with some fellow upcoming students before I arrived, but I'm not great with Student Room so feel free to PM me for my email so we can chat. I can also do WhatsApp and text, but won't give my number out so quickly.

Congratulations on your place! See you on campus in October!

Becky (Lancaster university student ambassador)

Hey I'm starting IR, Politics and Economics :smile:
Hey I'm starting IR, Politics and Economics :smile:

Congratulations on your offer! We look forward to welcoming you during freshers week!

Nellie (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hi everyone! My name is Poppy and I'll be studying Theatre and English Literature and I'm part of Furness college. I'm really excited to meet new people and try new things at university!
hi, I'm trying to apply or sign up for the Lancaster Award, but I'm a bit stuck. The student portal directed me to the CareersConnect website to book the Introductory session, which I did, but now I'm kind of lost. I can't seem to find any further information or steps on the website related to the Lancaster Award. Can anyone offer some help pls?
hi, I'm trying to apply or sign up for the Lancaster Award, but I'm a bit stuck. The student portal directed me to the CareersConnect website to book the Introductory session, which I did, but now I'm kind of lost. I can't seem to find any further information or steps on the website related to the Lancaster Award. Can anyone offer some help pls?

Is that not an automatic thing. Didn’t think u needed to apply
Does anyone know when we get our university email?

Hi there,

You tend to complete the Lancaster award in your penultimate year of university (you can start doing activities such as part time work, volunteering and career workshops before that though). However, you don't fill in the application forms, evidence or interviews until the penultimate year. You will also get access to a Moodle page for the award which explains what you need to do and the different levels of the award. This will be also be explained more in the introductory session. Please feel free to ask me any questions in the meantime as I submitted mine in June.

- Amy (Lancaster Student Ambassador) :smile:
Is that not an automatic thing. Didn’t think u needed to apply

Hi there,

The Lancaster Award is additional to your degree to demonstrate what other activities you have completed during your time at university. Therefore, you need to sign up to complete it as some people choose to focus primarily on their degree. You can sign up to introduction sessions on careers connect to learn more or feel free to ask me any questions.

- Amy (Lancaster Student Ambassador) :smile:
Reply 13
Does anyone know when we get our university email?

My son received an email this week. He needed to go to the portal and submit his ID, picture, funding documents..., select modules... During the process he received his university email address
Original post by rizvani04
My son received an email this week. He needed to go to the portal and submit his ID, picture, funding documents..., select modules... During the process he received his university email address

thank you ive just found it, ive got two different ones so im not sure which to use for student accounts / discounts etc , if anyone from the uni knows which to use please let me know

one is my last name with numbers and the other has my first initial
thank you ive just found it, ive got two different ones so im not sure which to use for student accounts / discounts etc , if anyone from the uni knows which to use please let me know

one is my last name with numbers and the other has my first initial

Both tie up with each other so u can use either
Reply 16
hi, is anyone else unable to enrol for modules? my portal is coming up with a 'missing pathway' issue every time i try (has been for the past week) i'm studying fine art in case that's relevant- have been told to contact my department about the issue but i'm not entirely sure how to do that,,,
If its modules in your second or third year i just dont think you can pick them yet. But i found this email for fine art that you could contact, otherwise just contact the undergraduate general email and they could help you.

[email protected]
Original post by xvivi606
hi, is anyone else unable to enrol for modules? my portal is coming up with a 'missing pathway' issue every time i try (has been for the past week) i'm studying fine art in case that's relevant- have been told to contact my department about the issue but i'm not entirely sure how to do that,,,

I've been having the same thing! A few people in the 'Welcome to Lancaster University' thread have posted something similar too, so you're not alone.
Reply 19
If its modules in your second or third year i just dont think you can pick them yet. But i found this email for fine art that you could contact, otherwise just contact the undergraduate general email and they could help you.

[email protected]

It's first year, but it still might be the case that you can't pick them yet- i assumed there was a website error but i'm now thinking we just have to wait for the dept to update. thank you for the email link! i'll contact them and ask for advice if this issue keeps happening. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending