The Student Room Group

Ex-GF messaging me again

My gf and I broke up a week into uni. After a ridiculously intense 6 months of her telling me that I was her soulmate etc., she ended up in bed with another guy (she says nothing happened) on the very night that I was going to visit her.

Inevitably, I was devastated. Having barely heard from her since, she has randomly messaged me saying, "I miss you" and "I'm feeling a little bit lost'. I might add that she was seeing the guy she left me for, only for him now to be going to Europe for the next 3 months.

I still love her, but was so hurt by her actions that I told her I thought it best if we didn't communicate for a bit. I do want her back, and wonder whether it might have made a difference if I had responded positively to her messages? Or would it simply have been an ego boost for her?

We spoke on the phone a few days later only for her to say that she thinks she made the right decision ending it, and that she doesn't want a relationship alongside her course. If I had jumped on this opportunity and suggested we met up over Christmas could it have made a difference?

Part of me thinks it was just the initial uni blowout which ended us, but part of me thinks she just struggles to stay faithful in relationships. What do you guys think?
Get rid, ffs.
Reply 2
Original post by Emily.97
Get rid, ffs.

que?
See post number 2.

She's turned to you because she thinks that you'll be there for her - don't be. Cut off contact with such a person, especially after what they did, and don't look back.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
My gf and I broke up a week into uni. After a ridiculously intense 6 months of her telling me that I was her soulmate etc., she ended up in bed with another guy (she says nothing happened) on the very night that I was going to visit her.

Inevitably, I was devastated. Having barely heard from her since, she has randomly messaged me saying, "I miss you" and "I'm feeling a little bit lost'. I might add that she was seeing the guy she left me for, only for him now to be going to Europe for the next 3 months.

I still love her, but was so hurt by her actions that I told her I thought it best if we didn't communicate for a bit. I do want her back, and wonder whether it might have made a difference if I had responded positively to her messages? Or would it simply have been an ego boost for her?

We spoke on the phone a few days later only for her to say that she thinks she made the right decision ending it, and that she doesn't want a relationship alongside her course. If I had jumped on this opportunity and suggested we met up over Christmas could it have made a difference?

Part of me thinks it was just the initial uni blowout which ended us, but part of me thinks she just struggles to stay faithful in relationships. What do you guys think?

I think the part of you doing the 'thinking' is diverting too much blood from the part of you that ought to be.
Reply 5
Original post by Profesh
I think the part of you doing the 'thinking' is diverting too much blood from the part of you that ought to be.

Hahaha, I enjoyed this.
Cut all ties and never look back, OP!
ignore her! she seems to think that you will always be there for her. she cheated on you! if she really loved you, why would she want anyone else. just ignore ALL of her calls and texts. it will be hard but worth it when you find the one!
I would say keep shagging her and try get her to do some new daring things, but also find someone else.
Reply 9
Original post by SmellyProtein
I would say keep shagging her and try get her to do some new daring things, but also find someone else.

Haha, there wasn't anything she wouldn't do anyway.

What made it worse was that she got upset that I didn't want to speak to her and said, and I quote: 'I'm not sure what it is I've done to offend you'
Original post by Anonymous
Haha, there wasn't anything she wouldn't do anyway.

What made it worse was that she got upset that I didn't want to speak to her and said, and I quote: 'I'm not sure what it is I've done to offend you'

Watersports and hardsports.....? (Google them if you don't know what they are)
Original post by SmellyProtein
Watersports and hardsports.....? (Google them if you don't know what they are)

Granted.
Maybe you should give her a second chance after you both seems to clearly love each other, if it don't work out then call it a day
Original post by ashleypotts
Maybe you should give her a second chance after you both seems to clearly love each other, if it don't work out then call it a day

Well she's now said she doesn't think she wants a realtionship alongside her course...
Original post by ricefarmer
ignore her! she seems to think that you will always be there for her. she cheated on you! if she really loved you, why would she want anyone else. just ignore ALL of her calls and texts. it will be hard but worth it when you find the one!

That's the thing, it felt as though I had. She has even said since that she has never felt so strongly for anyone, but because of her self-esteem issues and promiscous past, she got carried away at uni.
she doesn't think which doesn't rule out completely but I think she just wants to be good friends that's all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending