The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Unconditional offer from Leicester

For Accounting and finance :smile: SO happy right now, first was conditional and then just got a letter today in the post.

This just shows the importance of your PS as I was predicted bang on what they ask for (ABB) and know people who got higher and got rejected or conditional offers!

So everyone please take time if you haven't applied yet on your PS, it really does matter :smile:
Original post by alexp98
For Accounting and finance :smile: SO happy right now, first was conditional and then just got a letter today in the post.

This just shows the importance of your PS as I was predicted bang on what they ask for (ABB) and know people who got higher and got rejected or conditional offers!

So everyone please take time if you haven't applied yet on your PS, it really does matter :smile:

You know there's a couple of offer threads on here right? :tongue:

But CONGRATULATIONS! :dance::dance::dance: Is that your favourite one as well?
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by emiloujess
You know there's a couple of offer threads on here right? :tongue:

But CONGRATULATIONS! :dance::dance::dance: Is that your favourite one as well?

Yeah :smile:
Sorry to hear that.
Original post by alexp98
Yeah :smile:

Brilliant coincidence then :smile: I wish Cardiff would do those too, haha :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by ByronicHero
Sorry to hear that.

Ha...
Original post by alexp98

DUDE, THAT'S GREAT NEWS!! Glad things have worked out for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Princepieman
DUDE, THAT'S GREAT NEWS!! Glad things have worked out for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: I loved the Uni, I know it's not a target or anything but I'm sure I'll be happy and do well there!

How are things going for you? You applied to Oxford right?
Original post by alexp98
Thanks :smile: I loved the Uni, I know it's not a target or anything but I'm sure I'll be happy and do well there!

How are things going for you? You applied to Oxford right?

Don't worry about that, IB can happen if you're willing to put the grafting in. You're in a good position for pretty much most accounting/finance schemes, anyway - the target thing doesn't really apply elsewhere.

Alright! I've got offers from UCL, Warwick and Nottingham. Waiting on Bristol and (probably a preinterview rejection) Oxford.

Still grinding away at past papers, theory and the like from the comfort of my own home haha. Definitely not looking forward to the 16 exams in the summer.

Have you heard from anywhere else?
Reply 9
Congrats. Shame you're gonna have to live in Leicester though!

Unless you really like curry...
Reply 10
Don't worry about that, IB can happen if you're willing to put the grafting in. You're in a good position for pretty much most accounting/finance schemes, anyway - the target thing doesn't really apply elsewhere.

Alright! I've got offers from UCL, Warwick and Nottingham. Waiting on Bristol and (probably a preinterview rejection) Oxford.

Still grinding away at past papers, theory and the like from the comfort of my own home haha. Definitely not looking forward to the 16 exams in the summer.

Have you heard from anywhere else?

Wow, 16 papers sound painful! I have around 11ish but it's incredible the amount of pressure that is taken away now. Yeah I also applied to Nottingham and Aston and got conditionals from both and am still waiting for a reply from Soton
Reply 11
Original post by Smonnie
Congrats. Shame you're gonna have to live in Leicester though!

Unless you really like curry...

Lol I was thinking the same, hate the city love the University. Thankfully there is a bit of distance from the Uni and the heart of Leicester though
Original post by alexp98
Lol I was thinking the same, hate the city love the University. Thankfully there is a bit of distance from the Uni and the heart of Leicester though

Plus you're near to nicer places, like Nottingham.
Original post by alexp98

Accounting and Finance unconditional offer at Leicester? Omg that's like the most competitive course in the most competitive Uni! You must be so proud of yourself. Please do share this information with those Oxbridge snobs. Gosh they'll be so damn jealous!
Reply 14
Original post by Butternuts96
Accounting and Finance unconditional offer at Leicester? Omg that's like the most competitive course in the most competitive Uni! You must be so proud of yourself. Please do share this information with those Oxbridge snobs. Gosh they'll be so damn jealous!

Wow is it haha? Yeah I'm very proud as this was my first choice over Aston and Nottingham anyway
Original post by Butternuts96

Don't be a Knut.
Reply 16
Original post by alexp98

Congratulations!!!!! If you don't mind me asking where else did you apply and how did you do in your AS/GCSE's?
Reply 17
Original post by abcnas
Congratulations!!!!! If you don't mind me asking where else did you apply and how did you do in your AS/GCSE's?

ABB in AS and GCSEs were As and a few Bs and a C in RE
Also applied to Soton, Aston and Nottingham
Never been the brightest but I just put the work in and spent 5 weeks in the summer doing my ps
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by alexp98
ABB in AS and GCSEs were As and a few Bs and a C in RE
Also applied to Soton, Aston and Nottingham
Never been the brightest but I just put the work in and spent 5 weeks in the summer doing my ps

Wow, I spent 4 hours the night before submitting it hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Wow, I spent 4 hours the night before submitting it hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow lol, I guess it's it's all about the quality and I'm sure yours is great haha. Mine started if **** and I just did loads of drafts in the summer. Have you been told about any applicant days at Nottingham?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending