The Student Room Group

If your partner said you were not attractive but had a good personality?

Poll

How would you feel if your partner was not physically attracted to you?

If your partner told you that the only reason why they were in a relationship with you was because they found your personality to be amazing but you were not physically attractive, how would you feel? I'm asking this because I know some people mainly girls) that have said that they have dated/been with guys that weren't attracted to but stayed with them because they had a nice personality.

So how would you feel if your partner said this? would you end the relationship? or not care?
(edited 8 years ago)
You need to re-read your OP and do some editing so it makes sense. :smile:

I would think well that is a bit ****. Because you want the other person to get everything they want out of the relationship. Also nobody likes been called unattractive. :frown:

Though personally I don't care how someone looks, it doesn't change how attracted I am to them. It depends what sort of person they are. :colone:
Reply 2
Original post by william walker
You need to re-read your OP and do some editing so it makes sense. :smile:

I would think well that is a bit ****. Because you want the other person to get everything they want out of the relationship. Also nobody likes been called unattractive. :frown:

Though personally I don't care how someone looks, it doesn't change how attracted I am to them. It depends what sort of person they are. :colone:

LOL, thanks for that.
So would you date someone you're not physically attracted to then?
I'd say 'guilty'. :colondollar:
Original post by loveleest
LOL, thanks for that.
So would you date someone you're not physically attracted to then?

Yep. But I would be physically attracted to them as a person. Basically I would choose the ugly person who had what I value. Over the person I thought was beautiful but didn't have what I value. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
"I am not attracted to you. But you're really nice!"

Yeah, well, thanks. :rolleyes: It's not what anyone wants to hear from their partner, is it?

I would also wonder how it would work. Because nice doesn't cut it in the bedroom. There has to be at least some level of attraction, otherwise that side of the relationship is not going to last.

I think I'd consider the relationship well and truly doomed.
nice guys come last
veri r00d
I couldn't be with someone who didn't find me physically appealing. I deserve someone who finds me attractive and my 'partner' deserves to be with someone they actually do find attractive.
Reply 9
Original post by Precious Illusions
I couldn't be with someone who didn't find me physically appealing. I deserve someone who finds me attractive and my 'partner' deserves to be with someone they actually do find attractive.

That's a good answer tbh.
btw, your profile picture is so gorgeous x
Original post by loveleest
That's a good answer tbh.
btw, your profile picture is so gorgeous x

Thank you :-)
Yep. But I would be physically attracted to them as a person. Basically I would choose the ugly person who had what I value. Over the person I thought was beautiful but didn't have what I value. :tongue:

So do you not value looks?
Original post by Tom Jickleson
So do you not value looks?

Well I value modesty, which I about looks. So I do value it, just not that much. I would simply be trying to put a square peg in the round hole if I valued looks. I would end up getting hurt and never feel I could actually trust the other person if all I valued was looks.
[scroll] i'd be shocked if anyone said I had a good personality, clearly they'd be lying, huge lie [/scroll]
If she thinks I have a nice personality clearly she won't have been paying any attention at all lmao

srsly tho she can sod off with that, sounds dumb.

I would end up getting hurt and never feel I could actually trust the other person if all I valued was looks.

Nothing to stop you valuing both fam
Reply 15
Is how I feel towards most of my friend, not a potential boyfriend lmao.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
If she thinks I have a nice personality clearly she won't have been paying any attention at all lmao

srsly tho she can sod off with that, sounds dumb.

Nothing to stop you valuing both fam

Nothing stopping me valuing one above the other either.
Honestly that is such an awful thing to say to someone you are dating. Surely they'd be a bit more attractive to you as you find their personality amazing?

They might as well have friend-zoned you to save you from being hurt. No point dating someone you are not that attracted to, waste of the person's time.

Quick Reply

Latest