The Student Room Group

Is physical attraction the most important thing?

To have a crush , most guys need the physical attraction , that is , beauty.
Is it always like that?
Imagine you are a mediocre looking person , what are the chances?
"Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder" is it always true?
yeah it is cos sex is the main thing in a relationship
Reply 2
Physical attractiveness has the biggest first impression and good looks a halo effect at least for a while. But in an established relationship appearance and personality are equal contributors to attractiveness. There are also compromises between who you would ideally like to date and who you can actually attract. In answer to your question, people that are not physically stunning, the majority of folk, do fine in finding partners
The above comment is correct. The majority will not initiate conversation with an overweight individual for example. Personality takes over during an established relationship. You will find most couples have physical symmetry as well, subconscious attributes we seek in our partners.
Original post by Anonymous #2
yeah it is cos sex is the main thing in a relationship

No it's not.

I think a lot of the above responses are immature answers. You need both a physical and emotional connection, both of them can develop as you get to know a person. Obviously there does need to be some initial attraction, but often the more you get to know a person, the more attractive they become.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #3
No it's not.

I think a lot of the above responses are immature answers. You need both a physical and emotional connection, both of them can develop as you get to know a person. Obviously there does need to be some initial attraction, but often the more you get to know a person, the more attractive they become.

I agree , with you and zarek as well
at the end , pretty wins
No definitely not. It makes a difference but is not just looks. Get to know someone because looks will change while personality won’t. My last 4 relationship were based off personality with good looks being bonus but some of them weren’t great looking but still happened
Reply 7
beauty is only skin deep

:yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending