The Student Room Group

Referee's Details help!

I'm applying again this year as an individual and my manager at work has agreed to be my Referee.
I have her e-mail address and what not but only thing is it asks for a phone number. Would it be okay for me to put down the phone number of my work (I work in a department store however so it'd probably go through to the sales floor) opposed to asking for her personal contact. Especially since she's doing it as my Manager not any other personal connection if you get me.

Last year I contacted my old teacher and she just told me to use the School's phone number and address rather than hers so would this be the same?

It's not like I wont ask her for a number if I need to but if I can just put the works it'd be easier.

Any advice would be great
Cheers!
Original post by RC5496
I'm applying again this year as an individual and my manager at work has agreed to be my Referee.
I have her e-mail address and what not but only thing is it asks for a phone number. Would it be okay for me to put down the phone number of my work (I work in a department store however so it'd probably go through to the sales floor) opposed to asking for her personal contact. Especially since she's doing it as my Manager not any other personal connection if you get me.

Last year I contacted my old teacher and she just told me to use the School's phone number and address rather than hers so would this be the same?

It's not like I wont ask her for a number if I need to but if I can just put the works it'd be easier.

Any advice would be great
Cheers!

She is doing it in her professional capacity, so it should be her work number. Presumably she has an extension number. I think it's highly unlikely they would call her without making email contact first, if at all. Incidentally, have you no one who can talk about you in an academic capacity to use?
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
She is doing it in her professional capacity, so it should be her work number. Presumably she has an extension number. I think it's highly unlikely they would call her without making email contact first, if at all. Incidentally, have you no one who can talk about you in an academic capacity to use?

Thats what I thought, they'd only call if there was a problem I suppose.
Unfortunately not I left school 2 years ago and can't get in contact. I've been working in for the same place since leaving so its the next best thing for me.

I'll try find her extension instead of the shop floor, can't imagine Ucas would be happy with that haha.
Thanks alot!!
Original post by RC5496
Thats what I thought, they'd only call if there was a problem I suppose.
Unfortunately not I left school 2 years ago and can't get in contact. I've been working in for the same place since leaving so its the next best thing for me.

I'll try find her extension instead of the shop floor, can't imagine Ucas would be happy with that haha.
Thanks alot!!

No problem. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest