The Student Room Group

EPQ - biology

I'm doing an EPQ (extended project qualification) and have decided that I wish to do it on an area of biology, but I have no clue which topic to focus on. Originally I had the idea of doing it on disease and infection, but it's on my biology a level specification and we can't choose a topic that overlaps with what we learn in our chosen a level subjects. Which topics would you find interesting for a research project?
Hi:smile:
I;m in year 12 and i've just started my EPQ (although i'm kind of behind on my project), i'm doing my project based on neuroscience and law just because i'm really interested in it and both subjects are something that I aspire. One advice I can give to you is perhaps keep your project on biology and research interesting facts and questions for example, like diseases, the most rare types or cures; Maybe this way, you can compare your research to diseases in different countries and/or animals and humans.

i've also looked at objectives and the spec to find out what you need to get full marks (depending on what board) i know for a fact that comparison and unique ideas will boost marks.
Reply 2
Original post by fishicakeyxx
Hi:smile:
I;m in year 12 and i've just started my EPQ (although i'm kind of behind on my project), i'm doing my project based on neuroscience and law just because i'm really interested in it and both subjects are something that I aspire. One advice I can give to you is perhaps keep your project on biology and research interesting facts and questions for example, like diseases, the most rare types or cures; Maybe this way, you can compare your research to diseases in different countries and/or animals and humans.

i've also looked at objectives and the spec to find out what you need to get full marks (depending on what board) i know for a fact that comparison and unique ideas will boost marks.

Neuroscience and law would be really interesting, I hope it goes well!

I think i will just continue researching, comparing sounds like a brilliant idea, thanks for your help :biggrin:
no problem! and good luck:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest