The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
i think not the sources are there for that... hey who is this general beck tried researchin on him cant find anythin... how many ppl were responsible for that bomb plot staufenburg, schacht(i think) beck som other elites n conservatives ya
Reply 81
na221
Okay,erm, in terms of the extended period, is it mainly the holocaust we need to know? I know the beck plot of 1944, and i think bomb plot?

Are there any other significant key events...

should i learn figures like ley in relative detail too?

Best way to answer these questions is to go look at the Edexcel website and read the exam specification. My suggestion for some other key dates would be things like the launching of Operation Barbarossa in 1941, surrender of von Paulus at Stalingrad, Speer's appointment, dates regarding moves toward total war . . . There aren't any definite moments; you just have to use your own initiative when reading through the time period and decide which moments you think are key.
Mook
Best way to answer these questions is to go look at the Edexcel website and read the exam specification. My suggestion for some other key dates would be things like the launching of Operation Barbarossa in 1941, surrender of von Paulus at Stalingrad, Speer's appointment, dates regarding moves toward total war . . . There aren't any definite moments; you just have to use your own initiative when reading through the time period and decide which moments you think are key.

I'm fairly sure you needn't know anything about these.
Reply 83
iv never actually heard for most of them!
Reply 84
Dan-IW
I'm fairly sure you needn't know anything about these.

Fair enough, it's probably not needed, per se, but could be useful . . . I don't really know, they're just generally regarded as turning points in the war, which I figured would have a knock-on effect on the running of the Nazi state. In terms of opposition, it could be argued that it had an effect on the communist groups in Germany; before war, Moscow was instructing KPD groups to do relatively little to undermine the regime, and once war had been declared the regime removed several communist factions in places like Berlin and Bavaria in 1942, along with groups like the Red Orchestra.
Reply 85
could you please post me the link to the spec on their website, i cant find it
Reply 86
actually i think those dates would come in use for 'own knowledge' shows u got som knowledge! lol.. m gonna memorise som of em now
How much knowledge are people expecting to go into the exam with? There simply seem too much to attempt the same level of knowledge like other units, so what is the best idea in ensuring you know enough?
You don't actually need to know that much, it's more about how well you can interpret the sources. I think the main thing in terms of own knowledge is getting the basics right. Go over key dates/time-lines, know a little bit about the important personalities, maybe read a bit about the general structure of the Nazi State. etc. That's what i'm going to do.
Reply 89
Can anyone give me points for structuralist vs intentionalist and for weak vs strong?? I'm getting kind of lost :s-smilie:

Thank you!
do we have to mention the sources in our introductions?
Reply 91
hmmm....thats a good question.. if it feels good ill do it there..
I was gonna ask

How does everyone analyise their sources? What's the best way to do it? what sort of words am i looking for to pick out?

Thankyou, havn't really had any practise with a past paper you seee.
do we have to mention the sources in our introduction?
Reply 94
just a quick question....
is this unit just a summer exam?
or can it be sat in january?
Reply 95
I don't believe it is possible to have this exam sat in January because it's meant to be so you can't resit it, similar to unit6 in other subjects if i'm right
Reply 96
Ahh I see.
makes sense :biggrin: thank you
Reply 97
Does anyone know if we need to know a lot about polices towards women :\ I'm getting rather bored of reading about it :\
So what are the key dates we need to know in a bit of detail?

Reichstag Fire/Enabling Act
Night of the Long Knives
Nuremberg Laws
Kristalnacht
Anchluss

Are there other important ones?

and Topics

Policy's Toward the Jews
Structure of the Nazi State
Propaganda

What topics are we sure won't come up?
Reply 99
Well i dont think policy towards the Jews will come up, as it did last june?
But tbh, who knows... they can ask what they want. so dont rule anything out.

Latest

Trending

Trending