The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Do you love/hate Sheffield? Give a reason.

Offer holder for BSc Economics here. Just wanna find out the good, the bad and the ugly about my firm choice uni.
Thanks for all replys.
Original post by krowfan
Offer holder for BSc Economics here. Just wanna find out the good, the bad and the ugly about my firm choice uni.
Thanks for all replys.

While I don't study Economics, so I can't comment on the course, I absolutely love Sheffield as a university and as a city. People are incredibly friendly here and there's always something to do. Uni of has over 300 societies so there'll definitely be something you're interested in which you can get involved in.

There are also plenty of decent nights out at both the union and the city centre. Pop Tarts on Saturdays at the union is brilliant! So much cheesy pop! There are also clubs like Corp (school disco on Wednesdays), Plug, Leadmill (Indie) Carver Street (full of clubs) Code (Student Saturdays) as well as all the bars on West Street, including Revs, West Street Live (so cheap) and Tiger Works to name a few. You're sure to find a night that suits your taste.

Transport's also incredibly regular, with buses between halls, uni and town coming every 4 minutes at least. With your University student card you can also get student tickets for £1, regardless of distance travelled. Sheffield also has a good tram system which can take you to various entertainment centres just outside of the town, including Meadowhall, Valley Centretainment and the Don Valley Stadium to name a couple. Tickets are bit more expensive than the bus, but are still reasonable. It's also possible to get a train up to Meadowhall from the main train station for £2.25 for an any time day return if you have a railcard.

Sheffield's also super close to the Peak District which is really good for a day trip, provided it's not chucking in down. You can easily get the 275 service from town to the Peak District.

Any more questions just let me know. I absolutely love it here in Sheffield :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending