The Student Room Group

First car?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Moeen25
10k for the car (can go up to £15k but I don't want something silly expensive for a first car). Insurance just shouldn't cost more than like £8k. I will be doing the pass plus test as well

Are your parents rich or something to afford that at your age?
Reply 21
Original post by Moeen25
Any ideas?

MX5? Z4? MR2?

I started out with a Triumph Spitfire...
Reply 22
Original post by Martinez96
Are your parents rich or something to afford that at your age?

No, it's complicated but I can make ot work
Reply 23
Original post by JC.
MX5? Z4? MR2?

I started out with a Triumph Spitfire...

They still around? Even if I could find one, they must have killer maintenance costs
Don't be stupid and buy a car for anything over £5k tbh. You'll definitely hurt the thing in some way (we all do). I'd recommend looking into a 1.4 petrol Mk6 Golf or something like that
Reply 25
Original post by ViewsFromSi6
Don't be stupid and buy a car for anything over £5k tbh. You'll definitely hurt the thing in some way (we all do). I'd recommend looking into a 1.4 petrol Mk6 Golf or something like that

I didn't.
Still havent had an accident either...
Reply 26
Original post by Moeen25
They still around? Even if I could find one, they must have killer maintenance costs

Nah, cheap as chips.
Reply 27
Good luck with insurance on a Honda S2000! Group 20 (of 20)
Reply 28
Oh yeah, good point... Maybe I will have to stick to hatchbacks 😅
Reply 29
Original post by JC.
I didn't.

Already have some experience driving (though it was an LHD country) but regardless the risk of accidents is always there, but life's to short to drive boring cars so I'll go for whatever stands out and will be memorable for me.
Original post by JC.
I didn't.

So you're saying you didn't hit things even the slightest? Come on everyone does
My babyyy

Nissan Patrol Platinum City
So you're saying you didn't hit things even the slightest? Come on everyone does
On my first day, I was parking and hit a billboard and wrote off the billboard, doing 1 MPH xD
Original post by Martinez96
On my first day, I was parking and hit a billboard and wrote off the billboard, doing 1 MPH xD

Haha, I've heard a lot worse!
Dont start looking now because there may be some new models by the time its 2017, btw best used models are Vauxhall Corsa/astra, Vw polo/golf, Ford focus
Reply 35

That's exactly what I'm saying.
I've never accidentally hit anything. Ever.
Neither has my other half.

They really don't. Whilst I have some friends who have had accidents, most haven't (and that's almost in 9 years of driving).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, I've heard a lot worse!

Luckily I just needed to super glue my plate back on and the car was fine, the board, somehow (I think due to poor installation) fell over and that was the end of that xD
Original post by shaymarriott
They really don't. Whilst I have some friends who have had accidents, most haven't (and that's almost in 9 years of driving).

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never said accidents? I stated new drivers are typically less aware and might scrape another car for example....
99 year Rover 414 colour

It's my Ferrari!! :3

But i sold it : C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending