The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Postgraduate Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I've applied for MSc Nationalism Studies, just submitted my application about a week ago... I hope I won't have to wait for too long to!
Original post by VaughnF
Just a quick update: I got my offer letter! I received it after almost exactly four weeks after submitting my application. I got offer letters from both Aberdeen and Edinburgh, and I have accepted the Edinburgh offer.

Congratz! If I remember correctly, you'd applied to 2 programmes. Which one did you get an offer from?
Reply 42
I applied for LLM in Law about 1.5 weeks ago. I got an email last Monday telling me it would take 4-6 weeks to get the outcome but on Tuesday (the next day!) I got an offer. It made me quite apprehensive that it was so quick. Does anyone know how popular/good LLM's at Edinburgh are?
Reply 43
I applied to the MSc in International Relations in the beginning of February. It's been about six weeks or so and the most I've received as an update is "Being Processed." I'm wondering how much longer I have to wait. I'm getting a bit worried. They just verified my transcript at the beginning of March...
Reply 44
So here is the deal. I applied at the beginning of February (exactly six weeks ago on Tuesday) and my status still says new and they have yet to verify my transcript. I have emailed them and they said unless they need more documents from me I will know in six weeks. The second issue is I found a major typo in part offs SOP. Since it seems nothing has been processed should I see if they will accept a new version?
Just accepted an offer for an English MA. Be nice to know some people before making the trip up in August.
Original post by mrjoshua88
Just accepted an offer for an English MA. Be nice to know some people before making the trip up in August.

Hey, congratz! I have an offer for Applied Linguistics myself. English sounds great, too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice! Are your linguistic interests bound up with Tolkien by any chance?
Original post by mrjoshua88
Nice! Are your linguistic interests bound up with Tolkien by any chance?

Considering I've just been to the Lord of the Rings in Concert event yesterday, I believe it is safe to say my linguistic interests were partly shaped by my admiration for his life's work; although I am pretty sure I am less interested in theoretical linguistics and certain language families than he was :smile: Are you interested in Tolkien's work yourself?
Original post by Gilthoniel
Considering I've just been to the Lord of the Rings in Concert event yesterday, I believe it is safe to say my linguistic interests were partly shaped by my admiration for his life's work; although I am pretty sure I am less interested in theoretical linguistics and certain language families than he was :smile: Are you interested in Tolkien's work yourself?

Awesome! I think I PM'd you but not entirely sure how this site works haha.
I applied for an MA in Film Studies about a month ago. After 2-3 weeks they asked for a writing sample (I'm not sure I sent them the best one tbh =/) and now it's been set to All Details received for 2 weeks or so. I got an offer from St Andrews, but Edinburgh is my first choice, so now I'm just trying (and failing) to refrain from checking my emails two hundred times a day. :biggrin:
Reply 51
Original post by DutchBat
I applied for LLM in Law about 1.5 weeks ago. I got an email last Monday telling me it would take 4-6 weeks to get the outcome but on Tuesday (the next day!) I got an offer. It made me quite apprehensive that it was so quick. Does anyone know how popular/good LLM's at Edinburgh are?

I wouldn't be concerned, it's just the nature of self -funded masters - they are not competitive like scholarships are.

Any philosophers in here by the way?
Reply 52
Hey just to check in again, I’ve been accepted into the Comparative Public Policy program! For those still waiting to hear good luck. Also, for those accepted and going what are your plans in terms of housing? Will you live on campus? or look for private housing.
Original post by Ppolpg
Hey just to check in again, I’ve been accepted into the Comparative Public Policy program! For those still waiting to hear good luck. Also, for those accepted and going what are your plans in terms of housing? Will you live on campus? or look for private housing.

Congrats!!
Original post by Ppolpg

Congrats! I've applied for school's accommodation just in case; but my first choice is private housing. What about you?
Reply 55
Original post by Gilthoniel
Congrats! I've applied for school's accommodation just in case; but my first choice is private housing. What about you?

Congrats to you as well! I am also applying to the school’s accommodation. Where did you apply to? I was thinking of looking into private housing, but in a lot of cases it seems more expensive. Where have you been looking for private accommodations?
Reply 56
Original post by wolf232
I applied to the MSc in International Relations in the beginning of February. It's been about six weeks or so and the most I've received as an update is "Being Processed." I'm wondering how much longer I have to wait. I'm getting a bit worried. They just verified my transcript at the beginning of March...

Have you heard anything yet? It took them about 8 weeks to finally give me a response. I definitely recommend emailing them if you haven’t heard by then.
Hi,

I have applied for the MSc Contemporary History course. Just waiting to hear back on a decision. I was wondering if anyone else has applied for the same course or for another History MSc at the University of Edinburgh?
Reply 58
Original post by Ppolpg
Have you heard anything yet? It took them about 8 weeks to finally give me a response. I definitely recommend emailing them if you haven’t heard by then.

Hello! Funny enough a response came today. Conditional offer for IR. :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by wolf232
Hello! Funny enough a response came today. Conditional offer for IR. :smile:

Congrats! that is really wonderful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending