The Student Room Group

Do you believe Trump and Hitler have similar "qualities"?

Scroll to see replies

Hm. Aside from presumed childhood traumas, apparent mental issues, stupid hair, pudge, weird voices, dumb ideas and top banter :borat:...

they seem quite contrary :dontknow:
Original post by TheNote
Islam is an ideology you dimwit. Just like Christianity, feminism and Facism

I'm fascinated to hear how newborn babies come up with these ideologies.
Reply 42
Original post by SmashConcept
I'm fascinated to hear how newborn babies come up with these ideologies.

what are you talking about? who is talking about newborn babies?
Original post by The Blue Axolotl
I got into a rather heated debate with someone at University who doesn't believe in any sort of comparison between them.

I on the other hand do.

His only reasonable arguments were that 1) The world wouldn't let Trump carry out a genocide; 2) Trump's disdain for illegal immigrants and Muslims could never get to the mass genocidal level of Hitler's hate for Jews and "non-Aryans"; and 3) The circumstances revolving around their rise to power are different.

In terms of 1) You could argue that the World never knew about the Final Solution till after the freeing on the prisoners from the camps. No one really had an idea of what was going on.

2) It was apparent for Hitler and it is apparent for Trump, they both hate immigrants, albeit different ethnic minorities/groups. Nothing suggests Trump would act any differently [to Hitler] if he manages to win the Presidency.

3) I agree with this statement, but it doesn't mean the roads they're taking are completely different. I personally think it was far easier for Hitler to take control of Germany because of the fact they had just lost a global war, had to pay millions in reperations and were clear European underdogs.

Trump wants to "make America great again" by, in part, having Muslims registered and prevented from entering the country. This speaks volumes already.

What are your thoughts?

Are their comparisons? Should we be worried?

Remember, I'm not saying Trump will take us to a second Holocaust, I am simply implying that they have similar characteristics and rhetoric.

US libertarian tub-thumpers like Trump or people on the far Christian Right like Pat Roberts are basically small-f fascists, they aren't exactly Hitlerite, but they are what Hitler would have been if he'd been raised in Texas in the 60s.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending