The Student Room Group
I hated it, I couldnt write loads, question 2 was Ok, but question 1 :mad:
Reply 2
BlueAngel
I hated it, I couldnt write loads, question 2 was Ok, but question 1 :mad:

which ones did ya do i did, the SARS one n stereotypes
Reply 3
Did anybody do OCR general studies: making connections paper? I thought it was quite easy, but i think it's hit and miss really.
musicman
Did anybody do OCR general studies: making connections paper? I thought it was quite easy, but i think it's hit and miss really.

I did the connections paper, gosh everyone finding it easy, I really hated it.
Reply 5
I did the SARS one and the religion one, cos I do RE and felt like showing off my religious knowledge. think i spent too long trying to get as many beliefs etc in as I could and not enough time really answering the question... ah well, doesn't really matter anyway
Reply 6
i did the SARS one and the television one

What did people talk about in the SARS one?
BlueAngel
I did the connections paper, gosh everyone finding it easy, I really hated it.

me too! it was pretty dire :/
Reply 8
yeah i did AQA today as well. did 'effect of computer technology on arts' one and 'what is genetically modified food' - did a whole module on genetics in biology last year, yay! i got so bored though, and really needed a wee.
noggin
yeah i did AQA today as well. did 'effect of computer technology on arts' one and 'what is genetically modified food' - did a whole module on genetics in biology last year, yay! i got so bored though, and really needed a wee.

thanks for that!
babyboo
which ones did ya do i did, the SARS one n stereotypes

I did those two!
Reply 11
babyboo
how did ya find it, twas so stoopidly easy, it really does take the piss! AQA

thanks for the prompt reply babyboo :biggrin: :biggrin:

gs was a piece of p*ss. but then again you can write anything in the essays within reason as long as you link it in.

the only hard bit was french. my french is a disgrace.
manps
What did people talk about in the SARS one?

Well I do a "microbes and disease" module in biology, so I talked about stuff like vaccination and what it does to the immune system, and about antibiotics and why they don't work on viruses.

Also general stuff like quarantine, hygeine, preventing things like water supply contamination.

Anyone who did "stereotypes", I think I got a bit carried away! I started going on about the BNP stereotyping immigrants as terrorists in their european election publicity material, then about hitler stereotyping jews, then about americans stereotyping black people in the time before martin luther king, and talking about the flaws in the legal system that it caused...

(also threw in some stuff about how the media use stereotypes in comedy, thought I'd put in SOMETHING lighthearted...)
Reply 13
figgetyfig
Well I do a "microbes and disease" module in biology, so I talked about stuff like vaccination and what it does to the immune system, and about antibiotics and why they don't work on viruses.

Also general stuff like quarantine, hygeine, preventing things like water supply contamination.

Anyone who did "stereotypes", I think I got a bit carried away! I started going on about the BNP stereotyping immigrants as terrorists in their european election publicity material, then about hitler stereotyping jews, then about americans stereotyping black people in the time before martin luther king, and talking about the flaws in the legal system that it caused...

(also threw in some stuff about how the media use stereotypes in comedy, thought I'd put in SOMETHING lighthearted...)

oh my god i wrote almost exactly what u did on both questions,

yeah i put about border control, the avaliabilty of tests, governmetn regulation etc etc

i also used stereotypes on appearence, n used recent newspaper articles that i read as examples. i also included football hooliganism, a bit of up to date info, basically statin that a minority has caused a stereotype of into the majority.

Latest