The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

When should I apply for my postgrad?

I'm currently a third year psychology student at Northumbria and am planning on applying for Low Intensity Psychological Therapies PGCert at Newcastle. The webpage currently says that "The application deadline for self-funded places is Monday 27 July 2015 for you to start in September 2015" so assume it needs updating but that there'll be a similar cut off date for September 2016 entry.

Is it better to register interest early or wait until I've gotten my final results which is likely the end of June 2016?
Original post by Charlottelt
I'm currently a third year psychology student at Northumbria and am planning on applying for Low Intensity Psychological Therapies PGCert at Newcastle. The webpage currently says that "The application deadline for self-funded places is Monday 27 July 2015 for you to start in September 2015" so assume it needs updating but that there'll be a similar cut off date for September 2016 entry.

Is it better to register interest early or wait until I've gotten my final results which is likely the end of June 2016?

Hi Charlotte,

I just checked the online prospectus entry for Low Intensity Physical Therapies for PGCert and it says

The application deadline for self-funded places is Friday 27 May 2016 for October 2016 entry. We may consider late applications if places on the course are available.

The information brochure and information sheet are displaying out of date deadlines, so I'll flag that up with the course administrator so they can be amended :smile:

I'll also ask her advice on whether she has a recommendation on submitting an early application for a conditional offer versus waiting until you have results in hand.

All the best,

Persephone
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Hi Charlotte,

I've already had a response! They advised that applications can be submitted any time, but short listing won't take place until after the closing date of 27 May 2016. This means that applying earlier won't mean you get an offer sooner.

If your results are coming out at the end of June that means they won't be out before this year's deadline so you will need to put your expected result on your application form :smile:

They also sent me a copy of last year's brochure (attached), and said that she's asked for the out-of-date info to be removed from the website.

Hope that helps!

Persephone
Reply 3
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi Charlotte,

I've already had a response! They advised that applications can be submitted any time, but short listing won't take place until after the closing date of 27 May 2016. This means that applying earlier won't mean you get an offer sooner.

If your results are coming out at the end of June that means they won't be out before this year's deadline so you will need to put your expected result on your application form :smile:

They also sent me a copy of last year's brochure (attached), and said that she's asked for the out-of-date info to be removed from the website.

Hope that helps!

Persephone

Sorry for a message on such an old thread but I had an interview for the course ( :biggrin: ) and am just wondering how long the wait usually is before you hear if you've been accepted or rejected? I forgot to ask this at the end of the interview.

Thanks in advance,

Charlotte
Sorry for a message on such an old thread but I had an interview for the course ( :biggrin: ) and am just wondering how long the wait usually is before you hear if you've been accepted or rejected? I forgot to ask this at the end of the interview.

Thanks in advance,

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte,

Nice to hear from you! Hope the interview went well :smile:

I asked the Course Administrator and she said you should hear back next week!

All the best,

Persephone
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending