The Student Room Group

It's not about men or women, but I think the leader of the U.K. should have a penis

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivybridge
Of course! Hence my choice of emoji - I like the little grin which says "I know" :wink:.

That one always comes off as suspicious or judgemental to me :tongue:
Original post by abruiseonthesky
That one always comes off as suspicious or judgemental to me :tongue:

I'm sorry :cry2:
Reply 22
Original post by acupofgreentea
Why?

All women become completely irrational once a month.
I'm sorry :cry2:

Aw it's okay!
Original post by Alaska+

There are so many things wrong with this I don't know where to start.
Clearly it is so they can compare lengths with the other male leaders
Reply 26

The truth is a difficult pill to swallow, I know.

A woman can only really be a reliable leader once she's hit menopause and isn't having mood swings every week.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alaska+
The truth is a difficult pill to swallow, I know.

A woman can only really be a reliable leader once she's hit menopause and isn't having mood swings every week.

1. Every woman is different. Personally, I feel no difference in mood during my cycle. However, this could be because...
2. Not every woman has periods, and not every woman has the ~hormonal imbalances~ associated with such, for example women with conditions such as PCOS or who are simply on birth control such as the pill or IUD.
3. Being on the rag doesn't impact your ability to be rational or do your job properly. Otherwise, we'd have a lot more dead people due to doctor failure/police irrationality, or we'd have a lot more convictions being overturned due to ~bleeding lawyers~.
4. There are many factors that affect rationality. If someone hasn't slept properly, they may become irrational and grumpy. If a man hasn't slept 6+ hours/night, are you going to preclude him from becoming leader? Because lack of sleep, especially cumulative, has a lot larger effect on your ability to function in all aspects of consciousness than a bit of blood.
strangely enough there is an MP called

Kate Hoey

and in Thailand the word for ladyboys is....

Kathoey

it certainly makes you think

:yep:

:captain:

:parrot:
he also needs size 9 shoes and a dislike for bangers n mash
/implying that all women have children I implied that MOST do, learn to read.
/implying that only women would have to take on the main burden of raising them in a marriage
Which is the reality for most families, if that wasn't the case I'm ok with it.
/implying that a female PM would always prioritise family over work
yep, which comes from speaking to MPs who say they do.
Not sure what you're on about, male Prime Minister's are fathers?

And in most families fathers work more (42 hours) and mothers less (38), so what's the problem? Over the year this is over 100 hours less work, usually spent on caring for children.
[video="youtube;2cV_q-mVAAA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cV_q-mVAAA[/video]

Just had to.
(edited 8 years ago)

He's got a point, most women, certainly not all, are like this, more than men at least.
Original post by balanced
And in most families fathers work more (42 hours) and mothers less (38), so what's the problem? Over the year this is over 100 hours less work, usually spent on caring for children.

38 to 42 is not that substantial-a-difference, you just kind of destroyed your own argument, lmao.
Original post by clark567
A) this is obviously a troll thread, so you'll never going to look good agreeing with it
B) Ever heard of Margret Thatcher? I mean whether you like the women or not, being a mum didn't stop her from getting a lot done during her time as prime minister.

Do I care about if I look good, no sorry.
Yep, does one example change everything? Of course you can have brilliant female PMs, but overall (if they have children) they would be worse.
He's got a point, most women, certainly not all, are like this, more than men at least.

see my reply to him
Original post by Alaska+

What a stupid generalisation.

Mostly because a lot of men don't share childcare equally...
And the reason why? Men either don't or can't (due to restrictions like maternity instead of parental leave) taken an even amount of childcare/housework. Solve this problem, you solve the career/children dilemma many women face.

What about the dilemma men have, working hundreds of hours more a year, higher suicide rates, discrimination in law, less rights and more stereotypes on how to behave. They can't speak up about this too, it's not PC.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending