The Student Room Group

The Anime Society Thread 6

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aiko
Yeah, indeed. Television ratings are usually the biggest factor to determine whether it's worth continuing, but because Attack on Titan airs late at night, the ratings are pretty low (this is typically the case for all late night anime, barring Noitamina). In fact, most late night anime are effectively infomercials to promote their manga/light novel counterparts. If manga sales increase exponentially off the back of this anime adaptation, we can be pretty confident that it'll be extended for the foreseeable future. :smile:

Case in point the disastrous Borito and One piece fillers.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Definitely, in my opinion at least. While the first series was a solid and hilarious fantasy adventure series (and the characters are amazing), the sequel has been far darker, and far superior plot-wise.

I watched and enjoyed both of those! I preferred Machiavellianism though, it was refreshing to see a series where male and female martial artists fought each other all-out, without holding anything back. Love Tyrant was alright, but I preferred the earlier episodes and their focus on creating new couples... a plot device that seemingly went up in smoke along with Guri's original Kiss Note. :giggle:

My true guilty pleasure of the season was far more shameful though, Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai. :o:

I'm pretty sure that's all speculation at the moment; aside from the announcement of the new series at the end of the 2nd, there hasn't been any info reported on Anime News Network (which is one of the few sites I consider trustworthy). We only found out that S2 was twelve episodes right before it aired, so I wouldn't be surprised if the length of S3 remains unknown until 2018 too.

Fair enough,we will see.Its good to see we dont have to wait like 4 years for another season.Lol at the ending song of season 2 though,seems to show everything we will see in a season 4 :lol:.
Reply 1982
My true guilty pleasure of the season was far more shameful though, Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai. :o:

Haha, I saw the first two episodes of this. Queen's Blade came to mind. I loved Lucifer, she was so sassy. :tongue:
Original post by Aiko
Haha, I saw the first two episodes of this. Queen's Blade came to mind. I loved Lucifer, she was so sassy. :tongue:

It's not even as good as Queen's Blade. :rofl:
Reply 1984
Original post by bobby147
One year to make 25 episodes ?I am worried this will affect the quality of the episodes produced.Not to mention I am worried we will be getting too close to the manga if Season 3 ends with the Battle of Shiganshina district.

Given how quickly season 3 was confirmed, I'm sure Production I.G and Wit have either allocated the resources needed or already have a team working on this. In terms of quality, if there's one studio we can have faith in, it's Production I.G. :yes:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1985
It's not even as good as Queen's Blade. :rofl:

Dear me. I'm guessing you watched the... ahem, uncensored version? :tongue:
Original post by Aiko
Given how quickly season 3 was confirmed, I'm sure Production I.G and Wit have either allocated the resources needed or have already have a team working on this. In terms of quality, if there's one studio we can have faith in, it's Production I.G. :yes:

They would probably roll in across 1.5-2 years.
Original post by Aiko
Dear me. I'm guessing you watched the... ahem, uncensored version? :tongue:

Well, it was either that, or watch 20 minutes of convenient light beams. :giggle:
Original post by The Asian Tory
Are we really arguing about Anime? In what respect is was my previous comment "Ad Hominem"? Did I ever mention a superiority complex or did I utilise your lack of proper grammar to form an argument? Did I ever ask you not to express your opinion? You are a person of contradiction.

I am pretty sure addressing someone as child is condescending and an attack on their personality since you are implying I am immature.
Someone does not have to say they have a superiority complex in the same way way someone does not have to say they are narcissistic or happy etc.If you are behaving in such a way,they will accuse you of it.
I am saying your utilization of the grammar in my sentences is irrelevant to addressing the points in my argument.
My point was not that you said I cannot express my opinion,I simply replied to your statement you can say what you want,by reaffirming I can comment on what you say.
I have not said anything contradictory,I think we should just call it quits.
No point ruining this thread with pointless arguments.
Does anyone know the situation with the D grayman manga ?
Is the author going to finish it or not ?
She took time off it due to some health problems,allegedly she was back but the manga has has not released anything new in a while .Very frustrating.
Ohh it's active :teeth:

Went to LAGC yesterday, was pretty great, tempted to go again today but decided to stay in and chill with anime :h: Haven't done that for a long time on a Sunday. Cons can be so tiring or maybe I'm just getting old :shakecane:

Queen's Blade good times :awesome: :moon:
(edited 6 years ago)
My thoughts on the new season's first episodes are up over in the preview thread :blow: (currently Katsugeki! Touken Ranbu and Enmusubi no Youko-chan, with Kakegurui and hopefully more soon to follow)

Original post by eugenius 8
Ohh it's active :teeth:

I know! I can't remember the last time that, after writing a big reply to someone, I had to refresh the page to see what other people had posted in the meantime. :zomg:
For whoever's watched Death Note.
Who's side were you on? Light or L,M andN?

Personally, I was on Light's side
Original post by Skill Twix

Light ftw. :wink:
Original post by Skill Twix

Well, I certainly don't agree with Light's principals. If I lived in that world, I'd be firmly on L's side. But as a fictional character he was a great anti-hero, and it was always fun to watch him triumph.
Original post by Dedicatus545
Seconding Selector Infected Wixoss. It's a really good show.

can it be compare with hxh before i start watchin it
Well, I certainly don't agree with Light's principals. If I lived in that world, I'd be firmly on L's side. But as a fictional character he was a great anti-hero, and it was always fun to watch him triumph.

deathnote is coming on netflix i dont know why all the hate on l for being black i think thats a nnice twist
Original post by we knnow
can it be compare with hxh before i start watchin it

You're quoting a post from 2015 there, that member hasn't been around in a while! :no: But since I was the person who they were seconding... no, I wouldn't say there are that many similarities between WIXOSS and Hunter x Hunter. :p:
Original post by Insecable
Light ftw. :wink:

Yes :cool::cool:

Well most of the episodes were based around Light. Hence, why I was on his side.

It was my first anime. I've just got into anime last week. I am watching Monster now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest