The Student Room Group

The Anime Society Thread 6

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lo24la
Hi guys ~♥
I just joined the group a couples days ago, and I was wondering if you guys had any mangas and/or animes you would recommend for me?

I really enjoyed Death Note, Owari no Seraph, Attack on Titan, Black Butler, Ouran Host Club, Fruits Basket, etc.

Any other recommendations? :smile:

Welcome once again! :biggrin: Anime-wise, I'd suggest any of the following based on what you've said you enjoyed:

Sidonia no Kishi
Claymore
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
Mirai Nikki
Code Geass

As for manga, I've not read as much as I've watched, but here's a few suggestions:

Sidonia no Kishi (again)
Claymore (...again :p: )
Pluto
Superior
Liar Game

I hope something there is of interest to you. :smile:
Original post by lo24la
Wow! So many recommendations:smile:
Thank you <3

those a just a few which i watched and i plant to watch a lot more xD
I'm currently wanting to watch hellsing death note etc and i'm watching gintama atm
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Welcome once again! :biggrin: Anime-wise, I'd suggest any of the following based on what you've said you enjoyed:

Sidonia no Kishi
Claymore
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
Mirai Nikki
Code Geass

As for manga, I've not read as much as I've watched, but here's a few suggestions:

Sidonia no Kishi (again)
Claymore (...again :p: )
Pluto
Superior
Liar Game

I hope something there is of interest to you. :smile:

I read weird manga so yea i didn't suggest those.. ones like....

Spoiler

Reply 384
Original post by xDave-
Glad to see someone else enjoying Ajin! It's gotten a lot of hate for its art style, which I agree is lacking at times, but it's a really interesting story and I'm on the edge of my seat every episode. I also like pretty much all of the characters, which is quite rare in a show

Yeah, my sentiments exactly. If you ignore (or become accustomed) to the art style, the narrative, pacing and characterisation is very good.
Reply 385
Just noticed that AJ is now a moderator. :eek: Now you'll be able to keep our house tidy from now on. :yes:
Original post by Aiko
Just noticed that AJ is now a moderator. :eek: Now you'll be able to keep our house tidy from now on. :yes:

Still in training, but learning bit by bit. The power to put spoilers in spoiler tags and sticky my own season preview threads in particular should come in handy! :biggrin:
hey, does anyone know if there is going to be a second season of iron blooded orphans?

also I cant seem to find the latest ep of x2 ketsu on cruncyroll,daisuke or freemium apps on mobile / windows. is there an ep coming out today?
Original post by quasa
hey, does anyone know if there is going to be a second season of iron blooded orphans?

Nothing official, but the slow-pacing seems to suggest it won't be ending this season, and if that's the case then I'm sure it'll be successful enough to warrant a sequel.

Original post by quasa
also I cant seem to find the latest ep of x2 ketsu on cruncyroll,daisuke or freemium apps on mobile / windows. is there an ep coming out today?

This should be the one, assuming you have a premium membership you should be able to watch it.
Nothing official, but the slow-pacing seems to suggest it won't be ending this season, and if that's the case then I'm sure it'll be successful enough to warrant a sequel.

Cool, whats weird is that I can kinda see it ending this season. as it is

Spoiler

This should be the one, assuming you have a premium membership you should be able to watch it.

Cheers :smile:
Want just to add this nice opening to Samurai 7 in this society.

[video="youtube;ULvGLASPRLs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULvGLASPRLs[/video]

x

What do you think about that opening, AngryJellyfish? I am listening to this one over a dozen time yet.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kallisto
Want just to add this nice opening to Samurai 7 in this society.

[video="youtube"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULvGLASPRLs[/video]

What do you think about that opening, AngryJellyfish? I am listening to this one over a dozen time yet.

Not bad, better than a lot of this season's new opening themes at least. It's not been a great start to the year, anime-music wise. :no:
Beyblade is the BEST.
Not bad, better than a lot of this season's new opening themes at least. It's not been a great start to the year, anime-music wise. :no:

Sorry, have not embedded the video to that opening rightly. Byx the way, is there not a thread where anime soundtracks and openings and endings can be posted? I swear, I have posted in it yet.
Original post by Science_help
Beyblade is the BEST.

Are you talking about the original TV series of it? this was the best, what came after that was just rubbish.
Original post by Kallisto
Sorry, have not embedded the video to that opening rightly. Byx the way, is there not a thread where anime soundtracks and openings and endings can be posted? I swear, I have posted in it yet.

The old soundtracks thread is a little dead (last post was almost a year ago), and the OP/ED thread is even older. It'd probably be worth starting a new thread rather than bumping those... though you could post them here instead. :p:
The old soundtracks thread is a little dead (last post was almost a year ago), and the OP/ED thread is even older. It'd probably be worth starting a new thread rather than bumping those... though you could post them here instead. :p:

Indeed, its almost a year ago when the last post was written. Its time to revive this thread on occasion.
Reply 397
Original post by lo24la
Hi guys ~♥
I just joined the group a couples days ago, and I was wondering if you guys had any mangas and/or animes you would recommend for me?

I really enjoyed Death Note, Owari no Seraph, Attack on Titan, Black Butler, Ouran Host Club, Fruits Basket, etc.

Any other recommendations? :smile:

id recommend: brothers conflict, noragami, inu x boku, kamisama hajimemashita, my little monster, say i love you, sakurasou, golden time, one week friends, sword art online, blue exorcist, toradora, ao haru ride, love, chunibyo and other delusions, clannad, maid sama, your lie in april and many others but i feel this list is already too long!
x

What I would love to know: have you ever watched Samurai Champloo? have so much heard about this anime, should be a must have for anime watchers who like episodes about Samurais. So, what's the what?
spoilers for iron-blooded orphans

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest