The Student Room Group

The Anime Society Thread 6

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kallisto
That is an anime, everything is possible in animes. Furtermore, the Samurais are not amateurs, they are experts with high skills.

Mugen from Samurai Champloo
Original post by thefatone
Mugen from Samurai Champloo

Did I have quote an anime character without to know it? have never watched Samurai Champloo before, really!
Did I have quote an anime character without to know it? have never watched Samurai Champloo before, really!

oh..

in actual fact this guy is really skilled although he has unusual style
Original post by thefatone
oh..

in actual fact this guy is really skilled although he has unusual style

Like characters with unusual style. They are eccentric as a rule. That is why I find the majority of them interesting.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Ajin (11 episodes) - Genuinely brilliant, can't wait for the finale!

Maybe you knew this already but Ajin will be 13 episodes in total, so we actually have 2 more!

Also, I'm quite interested to see what happens after that with regards to the films. The first film covers episodes 1 to 6, and there are two more films coming. Either they're going to be a lot shorter than the first or they will cover some of what happens beyond what the TV series covers.
Original post by xDave-
Maybe you knew this already but Ajin will be 13 episodes in total, so we actually have 2 more!

Also, I'm quite interested to see what happens after that with regards to the films. The first film covers episodes 1 to 6, and there are two more films coming. Either they're going to be a lot shorter than the first or they will cover some of what happens beyond what the TV series covers.

I didn't know that, cheers for the info! :biggrin:

The almost simultaneous movie and TV anime release was a very odd way of doing things. I've read that the 3rd movie isn't due out until September though, so I'd hope and assume it isn't just the latter episodes of the TV series, as surely they'd be out on BD/DVD by then? Unless they're just going to cram it with additional scenes. :dontknow:

[EDIT] Total episode count for the Easter long weekend (Thursday - Monday): 70 :proud:
(edited 8 years ago)
Just finished erased, what a show. There's nothing better than watching brilliant psychological anime😁
*Spoilers for Erased*

[video="youtube;Fdo6or-XYnY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdo6or-XYnY[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
(...)
I haven't watched Your Lie in April, so hopefully someone else will be able to offer an opinion on that... I highly recommend Haruhi Suzumiya, though. :o:

Have not watched your lie in April yet too. But it looks like a love anime. If you like such a genre...
Have not watched your lie in April yet too. But it looks like a love anime. If you like such a genre...

I dont really have a preference on anime. I'll watch all sorts. I've enjoyed both Cowboy Bebop and Azumangah Diaoh, Akira and Mahoromatic. I'm more than likely to watch them both at one point. It's just a matter of which I watch first.
Original post by indiesparkle
I dont really have a preference on anime. I'll watch all sorts. I've enjoyed both Cowboy Bebop and Azumangah Diaoh, Akira and Mahoromatic. I'm more than likely to watch them both at one point. It's just a matter of which I watch first.

Akira was nice. A good Anime film. The original dated from 1987, I guess. But despite the fact this original is almost 30 years old, it has a nice style which is able to compete with another ones for another animes.
Original post by Loyota
*Spoilers for Erased*

I didn't watch the video but I've seen a lot of people talking about Erased since it ended and I assume it'll be 12 minutes of the same things. Problem is that the first few episodes were, in the majority of people's opinions, very good. For me, episodes 2-4 were 10/10 for me without any doubt. I guess that inflated the ratings? I still think it was a solid show, though it never reached the highs of the first 4 episodes imo.

But I'm no expert on how these maniacs do their anime ratings. The majority of people on MAL have no idea ratings below 7 exist, so it doesn't surprise me an anime that starts well gets ridiculously high ratings.
Akira was nice. A good Anime film. The original dated from 1987, I guess. But despite the fact this original is almost 30 years old, it has a nice style which is able to compete with another ones for another animes.

Agreed, but the original manga source is so complex and impossibly large to adapt, it makes the film feel bloated. It's far from my favourite, that prestigious title being awarded to Grave of the Fireflies.
Reply 593
Ahh, I ran out of good comedy animes! Can someone recommend me a quick list? I've already watched gintama, nichibros etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yammy
Ahh, I ran out of good comedy animes! Can someone recommend me a quick list? I've already watched gintama, nichibros etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here's some of my favourites, but let me know if you've already watched them, and I'll try again. :smile:

Nichijou

Azumanga Daioh

Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu

Genshiken

Minami-ke
Reply 595
It got off to a shaky start, but definitely improved as it went along. I really liked the characters' designs and personalities; plot is nothing revolutionary, but serves as an excuse for some good action and amusing dialogue. I'd say give it a go. :yes:

A-P seem particularly harsh at the moment when it comes to scoring, unless it was a particularly bad season or something. 2.76 for Schwarzesmarken? It is NOT worse than Shining Tears X Wind! :no: Active Raid at 2.01 also seems ridiculous to me, though by the looks of the comments on MAL I'm one of the few people that got any enjoyment out of it. :p:

Ok, I'll give it a shot, thanks. :smile:

And yeah, I figured as such regarding the ratings. I only use them as a rough indicator. :yes:
Reply 596
But then I heard the OP to "Your Lie in April" and now I'm majorly torn. Is it worth watching over what I was originally going to, the Haruhi Suzumiya series?

Indeed, the OP is very catchy. One of my favourites from last year, that's for sure.

As for the anime itself, I personally enjoyed it. Bittersweet is certainly the best way to describe it. It helps that the animation, particularly the backgrounds, are beautiful, and of course the music (the characters are aspiring musicians, after all).
Right then, that settles it. I'll start on Your Lie in April ASAP.
Agreed, but the original manga source is so complex and impossibly large to adapt, it makes the film feel bloated. It's far from my favourite, that prestigious title being awarded to Grave of the Fireflies.

Yeah, that was a very nice anime film. I would even say it was the second best one which I have ever watched after spirited away. So emotional and sad.
Reply 599
Here's some of my favourites, but let me know if you've already watched them, and I'll try again. :smile:

Nichijou

Azumanga Daioh

Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu

Genshiken

Minami-ke

Only seen nichijou, but not the others! Thanks :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest