The Student Room Group

The Anime Society Thread 6

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone!

I kinda just joined so I thought I would introduce myself :biggrin:
I just finished high school and will hopefully be starting university in Sep/Oct this year, having come from a reeeeaaally small school with nobody sharing the same interests, I can't wait to meet and make friends who also like anime ^__^

P.S. Shingeki no Kyojin S2 yesssssss
Original post by Azarashi
Hi everyone!

I kinda just joined so I thought I would introduce myself :biggrin:
I just finished high school and will hopefully be starting university in Sep/Oct this year, having come from a reeeeaaally small school with nobody sharing the same interests, I can't wait to meet and make friends who also like anime ^__^

P.S. Shingeki no Kyojin S2 yesssssss

Welcome to the society, once again. :smile: I'd not met any anime fans offline before starting at university and joining the anime society there, so I hope you have as good an experience as I did. :biggrin:
:tumble:

Just a reminder that I've been posting all my thoughts on the new season's first episodes in my preview thread... it's turned into a bit of a monologue/personal blog, so feel free to share your own thoughts (here or in the other thread) if you've watched any. Would be nice to get some alternative opinions. :yes:
Hey guys :biggrin:

Haven't posted in a while mainly cos I haven't watched much anime recently.

But I've been seeing the new Berserk anime and I think it's.... a mess, sadly :frown:

Too rushed, and they are skipping so much stuff.

I feel like viewers who aren't well-aquainted with the manga will also be kinda confused.

Just my thoughts.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Welcome to the society, once again. :smile: I'd not met any anime fans offline before starting at university and joining the anime society there, so I hope you have as good an experience as I did. :biggrin:

Thank you for the warm welcome :biggrin:
I really hope so too, it would be so nice to watch anime with friends ^^ I haven't done that for so long.
Reply 986
Not sure how to feel about the new berserk. Animation issues.. and a very generic opening and ending.:hmmm: These really ought to fill you with dread. Although the old "tell me why" wasnt exactly right either.:giggle:

Aside from that its still berserk. Following the manga more closely then the start of the old anime. Viewers new to the series might find watching the old series or the moves before this one beneficial.

I did like what I saw so far and look forward to the next eps.
Original post by vin
Not sure how to feel about the new berserk. Animation issues.. and a very generic opening and ending.:hmmm: These really ought to fill you with dread. Although the old "tell me why" wasnt exactly right either.:giggle:

Aside from that its still berserk. Following the manga more closely then the start of the old anime. Viewers new to the series might find watching the old series or the moves before this one beneficial.

I did like what I saw so far and look forward to the next eps.

:ditto: Pretty much my thoughts on the two episodes so far. The animation certainly makes for better action scenes than in the first series, but I'd still have preferred high-budget 2D animation (like Tales of Zestiria is getting).

The music is just silly, though. :unimpressed:
Anime-Planet has been down all morning. :unimpressed: :bebored:
I finished reading Futaba-kun Change, which was very funny, but ended in a horrible rush as so many series tend to do. The bonus chapters were great, though.

Rather than asking for recommendations while nobody seems to be around (:tumble:), I've decided to pick up Biomega. I've heard it's more abstract and less linear than Sidonia no Kishi (which is by the same manga-ka, and which I really enjoyed), but the plot sounds of interest. :yes:
So pumped for this :biggrin:

[video="youtube;YUH1mfV3IEU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUH1mfV3IEU[/video]
Reply 991

Rather than asking for recommendations while nobody seems to be around (:tumble:), I've decided to pick up Biomega. I've heard it's more abstract and less linear than Sidonia no Kishi (which is by the same manga-ka, and which I really enjoyed), but the plot sounds of interest. :yes:

Oh I read that a while ago... and I did not realise it was by the same guy!? :doh: I knew when watching sidonia that it felt familiar somehow.. even the bear character but didnt make the connection! :pinch:
Binged Re: Zero over the weekend and have made a crunchyroll account. Anyone got a reco?

I will probably read the LNs. I think the anime is currently on Vol 6.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Binged Re: Zero over the weekend and have made a crunchyroll account. Anyone got a reco?

From the current season, 91 Days, Alderamin on the Sky and/or Mob Psycho 100 are decent.

In general, from those I believe are still on Crunchyroll, Rokka no Yuusha, Chaika: The Coffin Princess and/or Blast of Tempest. I tried going for shows with a similar feel to Re:Zero, but if you're looking for something different, let me know and I'll try again. :smile:
I finished the TV anime of Area 88 - my thoughts are largely unchanged from when I watched the first ep. Same great plot as the 80s OVA, with a few extra stories added due to the greater episode length, but the budget animation and (mostly) horrible soundtrack mean I still prefer the first adaptation. It was good to revisit the story, though, and some of the new stuff (such as the sniper episode) was great. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Ooh 4 post away from a 1000 post
Anyone else here pumped for blue exorcist season 2 next year? :biggrin:
Original post by mr T 999
Anyone else here pumped for blue exorcist season 2 next year? :biggrin:

I'll probably end up watching it, the first series was decent enough. :yes: I'm more excited by some of next season's sequels though, mostly Iron-Blooded Orphans and Ajin, with Haikyuu!! and Show By Rock!! close behind.
I'll probably end up watching it, the first series was decent enough. :yes: I'm more excited by some of next season's sequels though, mostly Iron-Blooded Orphans and Ajin, with Haikyuu!! and Show By Rock!! close behind.

Yeah the 1st season was good but it did feel a little rushed tbh hopefully the 2nd season will be good. I was thinking of watching Ajin, i know the graphics is not very good but the story seems very interesting, what are your thoughts on it?

Honestly don't know why Haikyuu is getting so much hype, it sucks I watchted the 1st 2 epsisode and couldn't get into (its an anime about male vollyball lol :facepalm: )
Yeah the 1st season was good but it did feel a little rushed tbh hopefully the 2nd season will be good. I was thinking of watching Ajin, i know the graphics is not very good but the story seems very interesting, what are your thoughts on it?

The 3D animation won't be to everyone's liking, though Polygon are among the best at it. Plot-wise though, I found it one of the best shows of its season, if not the year (so far).

Honestly don't know why Haikyuu is getting so much hype... its an anime about male vollyball

You've answered your own question. :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest