The Student Room Group

The Anime Society Thread 6

Scroll to see replies

I will read AJ - sure it's excellent work as per usual! Any big hitters I need to be aware of (other than AOT2)?

I've not posted in 3 weeks since watching some Yu Gi Oh but ended up coming across some OPs on youtube and had to crawl back :lol: Not got enough time to enjoy anime like I used to anymore :no:
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
I will read AJ - sure it's excellent work as per usual! Any big hitters I need to be aware of (other than AOT2)?

Plenty of other big sequels, including Boruto, Boku no Hero Academia 2 and Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul. In terms of all-new stuff, I'm hoping Re:Creators and Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Shou will be able to compete with the above in terms of awesome-looking action.
Masamune ending was hella disappointing.
naruto shippuden anime finally ended this week (currently watching last episode) and these next 2 weeks a lot of anime are ending.

it got me thinking, what is your (anyone) favorite anime finale(s).

my case it would be

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tpx1
naruto shippuden anime finally ended this week (currently watching last episode) and these next 2 weeks a lot of anime are ending.

my case it would be

Spoiler

good list (minus geass, i felt it could have been better).

me I would probably say

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
If you want a masterpiece of an anime watch KAIJI
one of my top 3 and i've watched over 200 series, i've only dropped tears for 3 animes and showsover my life on shows
Code geass, One piece (too many times ), Naruto .
Kaiji made it very close. I remember i woke up and was talking about gambling unconsciously.

It has 48 episodes the first episode might be a bit dull but after 2 it gets great
Original post by BashCrash
If you want a masterpiece of an anime watch KAIJI
one of my top 3 and i've watched over 200 series, i've only dropped tears for 3 animes and showsover my life on shows
Code geass, One piece (too many times ), Naruto .
Kaiji made it very close. I remember i woke up and was talking about gambling unconsciously.

It has 48 episodes the first episode might be a bit dull but after 2 it gets great

I was refering to finale (ie best final episodes). geass I liked due to what happens to lelouch at the end but will admit it wasnt as good as midway through s2

naruto shippuden had a crap ending and should have finished with the final chapter of the manga (ie final fight naruto and sasuke).

is kaiji ongoing or finished?
Original post by tpx1
I was refering to finale (ie best final episodes). geass I liked due to what happens to lelouch at the end but will admit it wasnt as good as midway through s2

naruto shippuden had a crap ending and should have finished with the final chapter of the manga (ie final fight naruto and sasuke).

is kaiji ongoing or finished?

Kaiji is not airing anymore the manga is finished however the anime cuts at a point. But its done
It isn't your usual anime its more psychological.

Yeah code geass wasn't fully consistent, had plot holes or silly writing in some places but overall the ending is probably the best anime ending ever,
Naruto should have ended early, kishimoto is trying to milk out every yen i dont even want it to have the boruto series.
Kaiji is not airing anymore the manga is finished however the anime cuts at a point. But its done
It isn't your usual anime its more psychological.

Yeah code geass wasn't fully consistent, had plot holes or silly writing in some places but overall the ending is probably the best anime ending ever,
Naruto should have ended early, kishimoto is trying to milk out every yen i dont even want it to have the boruto series.

I want to watch this Kaiji nonesense now...

But I'm stuck reading Tokyo Ghoul and since I started watching fairy tail, I decided I might as well finish it
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
I want to watch this Kaiji nonesense now...

But I'm stuck reading Tokyo Ghoul and since I started watching fairy tail, I decided I might as well finish it

the numberone rule of wachin anime/manga don't start another one midway watching. Fair enough is the manga even good? I may start fresh there were too many un answered questions in the anime.
the numberone rule of wachin anime/manga don't start another one midway watching. Fair enough is the manga even good? I may start fresh there were too many un answered questions in the anime.

Yeah, I watched the anime but it wasn't fulfilling.
The manga has a lot of important/left out dialogue and information.

Spoiler

Original post by tpx1

Likely Baccano!, a series that to me at least was consistently good from start to finish.

Now and Then, Here and There, because of how abrupt it was. Deliberately, as opposed to the usual 'rushed because they ran out of episodes' finales.

More recently, I thought Ajin (S2) ended on a brilliant note.
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Yh, I loved it soooo much :biggrin:
It was genuinely really good, I'm just waiting for the next season

It was! I'm going to read the manga while I wait. I think there's a movie coming out too :biggrin:
Man that ending for Shippuden, such feels. My childhood feels like it died :sad:
I'll be posting the answers for my Identify the Anime thread tomorrow afternoon, so if you've been planning to take part but haven't gotten around to it yet, time is ticking... :poke:

I'm catching up on panels that I missed from Minamicon at the start of the month - here's 'Japan vs The World', focusing on stereotypes of different countries in anime, in case anyone's interested. :smile:

[video="youtube;_Hsgnx2OFqo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hsgnx2OFqo[/video]
Original post by RattyAbz04
It was! I'm going to read the manga while I wait. I think there's a movie coming out too :biggrin:

Yeah, you might as well. Im on :re as I'm taking it slow. It probably spoils the actual anime, but its better to know than to not know! :tongue:
Original post by Malevolent
Man that ending for Shippuden, such feels. My childhood feels like it died :sad:

I dunno, I felt it should have ended at 480 (or whenever sasuke and naruto had their final fight).

the 1st theme for Boruto is done by Kana-Boon, why incidentally are the guys who did the final OP for tekketsu no orphans.
Original post by tpx1
I dunno, I felt it should have ended at 480 (or whenever sasuke and naruto had their final fight).

the 1st theme for Boruto is done by Kana-Boon, why incidentally are the guys who did the final OP for tekketsu no orphans.

Oh good, they did my favourite theme :h:

Quick Reply

Latest