The Student Room Group
Reply 1
sujith_1988
Is it possible to learn for General Studies without any form of teaching whatsoever? I plan to take the exams but classes are not provided...can a person still score without attending lessons?

course it is! i didnt have any lessons n had the exam yesterday and it was easy as pie! honestly it takes the piss! even the maths was so basic, like a wheel has diameter of 0.4m and rotates twice how far does it travel?! like basic gcse stuff!!! this is AQA thou dunno what the other papers are like
Reply 2
but EDEXCEL has a killer reputation...its tests are miserably tough.Nevertheless, the Singapore-Cambridge O Levels are TOUGHER than Edexcel's O Levels. AQA's are nice and sometimes easy...OCR is quite thorough..ANYONE TAKING EDEXCEL PAPERS OR HAVE UNDERGONE/IS UNDERGOING THE SINGAPORE EDUCATION SYSTEM?!?!
Reply 3
sujith_1988
but EDEXCEL has a killer reputation...its tests are miserably tough.Nevertheless, the Singapore-Cambridge O Levels are TOUGHER than Edexcel's O Levels. AQA's are nice and sometimes easy...OCR is quite thorough..ANYONE TAKING EDEXCEL PAPERS OR HAVE UNDERGONE/IS UNDERGOING THE SINGAPORE EDUCATION SYSTEM?!?!

i do edexcel general studies. dont know how hard or easy they are in comparison though. just had 2 of the a2 exams yesterday. i managed to get a b last year without revision really, just highlighted the textbook day before. main thing is knowing something about types of argument etc. which is excrutiatingly dull & i dont know what im talking about!
ocr are just a bunch of oxford - cambridge students writing the exams
Reply 5
Why do you want to take general studies anyway?? We get forced to take it at our college. They made me sit the exam even tho I wrote to them saying i didnt want to etc. So i just wrote scathing comments about general studies markers and the fact that the subject matter is completely pointless in all the essay questions. If my college want to pay for me to sit it then fine, I hope they are happy with my U!
Kupo_nut
Why do you want to take general studies anyway?? We get forced to take it at our college. They made me sit the exam even tho I wrote to them saying i didnt want to etc. So i just wrote scathing comments about general studies markers and the fact that the subject matter is completely pointless in all the essay questions. If my college want to pay for me to sit it then fine, I hope they are happy with my U!

And how do you think universities view people who're incapable of passing GS?

Latest