The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrKmas508
Tbh I think they barely ever mention it, almost like it's not happening.

yeah I agree, but he also runs so many other cooperation's compared to which, the sun is just a mere tabloid - so no real news in that paper, but he does still show signs of pro-Israel else where..
Reply 101
I've had a chat with an international student from Israel. Apparently the ultra Orthodox Jew birth rate is so high that in several years they might be the majority and they'll force there views upon the secular Jews and Muslims alike. I wonder how different an Orthodox Jewish treatment of Palestinians will be different when compared with secular Jews.

You've already seen how the Israeli Left - pro-Palestine and secularist - have almost disappeared. Netanyahu is now a moderate in Israeli politics; there is much worse on his right...

Ultra-Orthodox and Nationalists want to expel the Palestinians from "Judea and Samaria", but also the Israeli Arabs, and some even asked to destroy the Al-Aqsa Mosque...
Original post by cookiemunch
yeah I agree, but he also runs so many other cooperation's compared to which, the sun is just a mere tabloid - so no real news in that paper, but he does still show signs of pro-Israel else where..

Gentle pushes perhaps but no outright propaganda. Those gentle pushes are countered by other parts of the media which are 100% pro Palestine. Sometimes the lack of bias is strange, normally articles have a narrative to them but when it's Israel/Palestine it's just the facts with no opinionated argument. It's strange.
Original post by Josb
You've already seen how the Israeli Left - pro-Palestine and secularist - have almost disappeared. Netanyahu is now a moderate in Israeli politics; there is much worse on his right...

Ultra-Orthodox and Nationalists want to expel the Palestinians from "Judea and Samaria", but also the Israeli Arabs, and some even asked to destroy the Al-Aqsa Mosque...

That voice will just get louder and louder as the years roll by. The only hope Palestinians have is that without secularist running Israel the country may collapse under disorganisation and perhaps Arab intervention. It's unlikely Israel will have much support from the west seeing the direction the western media is going.
Gentle pushes perhaps but no outright propaganda. Those gentle pushes are countered by other parts of the media which are 100% pro Palestine. Sometimes the lack of bias is strange, normally articles have a narrative to them but when it's Israel/Palestine it's just the facts with no opinionated argument. It's strange.

Frankly, the other parts of media that are 100% pro-Palestine are fairly less occasionally Al-Jazeera, but I think that's more about religious preference and ofcourse, the idea of 'real journalism'.

besides, the reason why there can be no opinionated argument is fairly simple, how Israel has the power to swipe anyone- literally.
Original post by cookiemunch
Frankly, the other parts of media that are 100% pro-Palestine are fairly less occasionally Al-Jazeera, but I think that's more about religious preference and ofcourse, the idea of 'real journalism'.

besides, the reason why there can be no opinionated argument is fairly simple, how Israel has the power to swipe anyone- literally.

The future doesn't look good for Israel/Palestine for Jews and Arabs.
Original post by abruiseonthesky
In 1947, the state of Israel was created and given to the Jewish people as a homeland. I don't oppose that as such - the idea of a Jewish homeland - but I do disagree with the forcing out of people who were born in Israel/more Palestine for said land.

No, I'm talking about the people the modern day Isrealites are descended from; the people Jesus came from, they originally occupied the same area and then the Palestinians came in after the jewish diaspora
Reply 107
That voice will just get louder and louder as the years roll by. The only hope Palestinians have is that without secularist running Israel the country may collapse under disorganisation and perhaps Arab intervention. It's unlikely Israel will have much support from the west seeing the direction the western media is going.

They don't care as long as they have US support. AIPAC is still very strong and almost dictates American foreign policy. Moreover, Israel is seen as the only true ally in the region by politicians and the average American, for whom Palestinians are also terrorists.

When you see that every American presidential candidate goes in pilgrimage in Israel to meet Netanyahu, you know the situation is not going to change anytime soon.
Original post by EndlessCritic
Lol Hitler was right

Jews were cause of a lot of problems in Germany

They are the cause of a lot of problems in the world today

Still he didn't kill them because unlike the Jews even Hitler had more humanity than them

Do people realise how stupid the Holocaust is? sending people to camps to kill them.. gassing millions of people and cremating all the bodies to dispose of the evidence?

You can't see the possability that they've just completely fabricated what actually happened.

Thousands died in camps from various diseases as many others have in history in camps. Germans even tried to prevent deaths of people in camps by maintaining cleanliness.

Lol you actually came over here from Stormfront because you want to "educate the masses".

On tours they show you piles of Jewish hair. How does that prove extermination? it proves they had their heads shaved. BECAUSE OF LICE. Lice bites that spread disease like typhus.

History is full of people being put into camps. What of all those that died in GULAGS? What about the Japanese who were put into camps in America?

What of the British camps during the Boer war that resulted in many deaths?

Yeah but apparently Jews are the only people in history to have been exterminated in camps...

Whataboutisms whataboutisms and more whataboutisms, nobody is claiming that only Jews have been killed in camps. The Americans didnt starve Japanese prisoners to death or force them to work in horrific conditions, and if they did how does this disprove the Holocaust. And 25k-40k died in the British camps terrible but hardly genocide.

We are naive. The Jews are very good liars and deceivers who thrive on the tolerant good nature of people.

Maybe you've had bad parents so you see Hitler as a father figure or you just want to be the edgy kid, either way hatred and fear isnt going to make your life any better or get you laid.

Here's a great documentary by an American Jew where he goes around camps and debunks them

Watch and learn

Gas chambers that look like air raid shelters complete with blast doors and even doors that lock from inside not outside? you better believe it. There is too much to debunk Jews ever been gassed.

Nuremberg trials were no more a fair trial than what happened to Saddam. Maybe less so...

There is too much to debunk holocaust revisionism. Look up the Nizkor project, or even just visit a library. Read and learn. I suppose you don't believe any Shia Muslims or Kurds were murdered by Saddam and that he was a Nationalist hero make a stand against international jewry.
Reply 109
In 1920-30s, many Arabs also came to Palestine at the same time as the Jews because the later brought money in the area (they worked in Jewish farms). It's not as easy as it looks.
If you're going that far back in history, you might as well ship every Homo sapiens on the planet back to Africa, as that's where we all originate from...
If you're going that far back in history, you might as well ship every Homo sapiens on the planet back to Africa, as that's where we all originate from...

Around 2000 years vs 200,000 years ago? Not really comparable at all
I was more making the point of how ridiculous it was that you're reaching back 2000 years ago...
I was more making the point of how ridiculous it was that you're reaching back 2000 years ago...

Whatever you say; the Israelite people were in the land first; they were merely forcibly evicted but the land was still originally theirs. In my own humble opinion they are doing no wrong by taking back land that they originally occupied anyway
I said somewhere else in this thread that I don't object to Israel or the idea of a Jewish homeland per se - I do object to the forced eviction of those who are living there already. Kinda ironic that Israelis are doing that to begin with, given the history of the place. Furthermore, Israel has been recognised as a state and has borders. Yet, not being satisfied with that, they're pushing to take Palestine too, the bit of land that was saved for those who already lived there when Israel was created? So wrong.
I said somewhere else in this thread that I don't object to Israel or the idea of a Jewish homeland per se - I do object to the forced eviction of those who are living there already. Kinda ironic that Israelis are doing that to begin with, given the history of the place. Furthermore, Israel has been recognised as a state and has borders. Yet, not being satisfied with that, they're pushing to take Palestine too, the bit of land that was saved for those who already lived there when Israel was created? So wrong.

Hmmm... I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. As much as I'm pro-Israel; I must admit that I'm uncomfortable with the second class treatment Palestinians receive in Israel; it goes directly against Judaism aswell
I'm not anti-Israel, I'm anti-Israel's actions. There's a difference. Been nice talking to you though :smile:
I'm not anti-Israel, I'm anti-Israel's actions. There's a difference. Been nice talking to you though :smile:

Do you disagree with Israel defending itself against the attacks of Hamas on its citizens?
I disagree with how it's done. I'm not condoning Hamas' attacks at all, but when Israel loses 0 citizens due to the iron dome and responds by bombing a hospital, or kills some kids playing football on a beach, or is keeping the residents of Gaza on a restricted calorie diet so they're weak, it's hard to feel that sympathetic to the cause. Israel in this conflict is the greater power in terms of military, finance, its defence systems, and politics, and so it has a greater responsibility towards protecting the lives of innocents. Things like the hospital bombing isn't 'just' collateral, either. It was a targeted attack that should be considered a war crime. But, of course, like big Tony B, it's too powerful for some of its actions to be war crimes.
I disagree with how it's done. I'm not condoning Hamas' attacks at all, but when Israel loses 0 citizens due to the iron dome and responds by bombing a hospital, or kills some kids playing football on a beach, it's hard to feel that sympathetic to the cause. Israel in this conflict is the greater power in terms of military, finance, its defence systems, and politics, and so it has a greater responsibility towards protecting the lives of innocents. Things like the hospital bombing isn't 'just' collateral, either. It was a targeted attack that should be considered a war crime. But, of course, like big Tony B, it's too powerful for some of its actions to be war crimes.

I'm not disagreeing with you here; but if someone walked into your house with an air pistol and tried to kill you with it and you responded by shooting them with a shotgun you would consider that disproportionate? Surely only the motive and principle matters?

Latest

Trending

Trending