The Student Room Group

Would you rather die...

Scroll to see replies

Sooo you can't save yourself and the other 1000? They can't save themselves either? It's either I die and they live or I live and they die? Lol **** them I'd save myself of course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
I would choose to die. After all, death is merely the next great adventure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the spirit!

Seconded :wink:
Original post by LenniesRabbit
Would you rather die saving 10,000 strangers from death knowing no one would ever know it was you or live knowing everyone would know you decided not to save 10,000 people’s lives?

First
Die, my life is not worth 10,000
Live. Because I will be famous.
Tbh I'd let 10,000 people die just to make my commute easier.
More efficient if I die, really
Survival at all costs, I'd live.
Would you rather die saving 10,000 strangers from death knowing no one would ever know it was you or live knowing everyone would know you decided not to save 10,000 people’s lives?

I WOULD RATHER DIE. I would not be able to live with myself letting 10,000 people die, the guilt would be too much...
Original post by Duck10101
Lennie I am sorry to be that guy.... but when would one be in such a situation?XD

Ok, you're walking down the street and are taken hostage by a lone gunman, who has watched too many Saw films. He takes you into an empty warehouse, and makes a video in which he says that he has a trigger that will activate a bomb in central London (where you are not), and threatens to kill you if you don't pull the trigger. He states that if you don't he will kill you, but will let the 10,000 live. However, you don't necessarily believe him. The video is not public at this point. You suddenly notice that the warehouse is a former petrol depot, and you have a lighter in your pocket.

Option A: Pull the trigger, live, and have your face all over the internet.
Option B: Incinerate both of you, along with all the evidence.
Option C: Refuse to pull the trigger, get shot in the head and let another hostage deal with it.

Plot twist: you don't know if the bomb is real or the gunman is crazy.

Good enough? :tongue:
Reply 30
Live because it'd make me famous, and I'd sign a muti-million pound bookdeal.
Original post by Octohedral
Ok, you're walking down the street and are taken hostage by a lone gunman, who has watched too many Saw films. He takes you into an empty warehouse, and makes a video in which he says that he has a trigger that will activate a bomb in central London (where you are not), and threatens to kill you if you don't pull the trigger. He states that if you don't he will kill you, but will let the 10,000 live. However, you don't necessarily believe him. The video is not public at this point. You suddenly notice that the warehouse is a former petrol depot, and you have a lighter in your pocket.

Option A: Pull the trigger, live, and have your face all over the internet.
Option B: Incinerate both of you, along with all the evidence.
Option C: Refuse to pull the trigger, get shot in the head and let another hostage deal with it.

Plot twist: you don't know if the bomb is real or the gunman is crazy.

Good enough? :tongue:

Definitely!
Die cause if I live, guilt will be killing me anyway. I could have saved 10,000 lives but I chose not to.
Reply 33
Well it depends on those 10000 people really. If they were all racists/homophobes etc then I wouldn't save them.
If they were normal people then I still wouldn't save them, but I would be so wracked with guilt that probably I would kill myself anyway...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Live knowing I didn't save 10k lives

why would i kill myself for 10k randoms?

Die for a stranger?

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Die, definitely.

I don't mind not having the post-mortem glory - that's not why I'd be doing it.
I'm too selfish to allow myself to die
Butttt....
10,000 people die all the time and no one cares.
People are usually happy to go along with things that result in millions in deaths.
Guess people only care when they are directly responsible :h:

Live! yay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending