The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
what do u guys think of Maajid Nawaz? I personally find it very disheartening as - judging only on what i see on TV - he seems to be very unpopular with the muslim population of Britain
Reply 181
Original post by Incredible97
What are you looking at? :colonhash:

Your pretty face :h:

Spoiler

Original post by rend82
what do u guys think of Maajid Nawaz? I personally find it very disheartening as - judging only on what i see on TV - he seems to be very unpopular with the muslim population of Britain

A wise man once said regarding Maajid Nawaz: "He is a coconut Muslim, a turd of colonialism"
Reply 183
Original post by rend82

Doesn't he call himself a reformer of Islam? Or does he just have friends who call themselves as such? If the former, then that tells you all you need to know about why mainstream British Muslims don't like him.
Reply 184
Original post by TheLoneArab
A wise man once said regarding Maajid Nawaz: "He is a coconut Muslim, a turd of colonialism"

ok well as strong as that argument is....

he's trying to eradicate extremism and calls out any bigotry on all sides of the argument - surely that cannot be objected against?
Original post by Lord Samosa
I don't know how to react :lolwut:

Imma liking the avatar change
Original post by rend82

he's trying to eradicate extremism and calls out any bigotry on all sides of the argument - surely that cannot be objected against?

One decent comment doesn't make him any better. You can't polish a turd.
Original post by HAnwar
Your pretty face :h:

Spoiler

Don't joke :hand:

Spoiler

Reply 188
Don't joke :hand:

Spoiler

Or else what mate.
Original post by HAnwar
Or else what mate.

Or else i will rip your eyeliner off :colonhash:
Reply 190
Original post by rend82

Just last week he was telling muslim women to take off their hijabs in solidarity with victims of acid attacks - not only is that stupid in and of itself, it goes against a command of God. The guy's a farce.
Reply 191
Or else i will rip your eyeliner off :colonhash:

How do you rip one's eyeliner off :/
Reply 192
Original post by Tpos
Just last week he was telling muslim women to take off their hijabs in solidarity with victims of acid attacks - not only is that stupid in and of itself, it goes against a command of God. The guy's a farce.

he was making a comparison with wearing a hijab day or whatever it was

even if u disagree surely this doesn't warrant such hostility he attracts given the bigger goals he has about tackling extremism
Original post by Tpos

Can confirm:

Maajid Nawaz, the founding chairman of Quilliam tweeted: “Can my conservative Muslim sisters join a 'take off' your hijab day in #Solidarity with women who've had acid thrown in their faces?”, in reference to women who have been attacked for not wearing hijab in other parts of the world."

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/men-please-stop-mansplaining-the-hijab-to-muslim-women-a6784596.html

Original post by Illiberal Liberal
salaam chetori azizams

i love u all pls dont report me

This is exactly what a kid at mosque said once 😉
Original post by dniy-10
This is exactly what a kid at mosque said once 😉

can you send me that video again please? it was great
Reply 196
Original post by rend82

even if u disagree surely this doesn't warrant such hostility he attracts given the bigger goals he has about tackling extremism

oh yh, like him paying Tommy Robinson to leave the EDL using taxpayers' money :rolleyes:
Reply 197
Original post by Tpos
oh yh, like him paying Tommy Robinson to leave the EDL using taxpayers' money :rolleyes:

lets just agree to disagree on this :smile:

His social liberalism appeals to me and how he is unafraid to call out those who have undesirable views (which don't get me wrong they of course are entitled to have)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by rend82

He isn't really tackling extremism. Some things he views as exteme are simply normal islamic practice. We aren't exactly going to start thanking him for helping Cameron spy on our kids etc...

You won't find any praise for people like Maajid Nawaaz here.
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
can you send me that video again please? it was great

[video="youtube_share;YvSGFNVWgK8"]http://youtu.be/YvSGFNVWgK8[/video]P

Latest

Trending

Trending