The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Incredible97
I have memorized 67 surahs but not the entire Quran, my target is to learn the whole Quran by the end of Ramadhan Inshallah. Also, when I'm memorizing the Quran i read the translation as well, so i understand what i'm reading.

That's nice to hear you are the reading the translation. I have memorised 87 Surah's alhamdullilah and aim to learn the translation aswell.
I wish to learn the translation of the quran from a madrassa , like a school in egypt or saudi arabia. Thats a long way away :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yasminkattan
Thank you so much for your kind words :smile:

You're welcome. Anytime. As a convert myself we'll both continue to benefit from the knowledge shared in this thread, in sha Allah.
Original post by Al-Qamar
Yeh some Arabs can be quite racist but lets no generalise please.

Nope its still a dump.

I dont see whats ironic. Yemen housed millions of African refugees and provided them safety (mainly speaking Somalians) when they were in need and now we are in need they helped us. Thats brotherhood, its a shame people like you think that way.

Ok a minority
Trust me i know countless stories where africans were sexually abused , interogated by yemeni's living in the north.

I might have been a bit biased and seemed on the wrong earlier, but i have nothing against yemeni people , we are all muslims :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Think People
Ok a minority
Trust me i know countless stories where africans were sexually abused , interogated by yemeni's living in the north.

I might have been a bit biased and seemed on the wrong earlier, but i have nothing against yemeni people , we are all muslims :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well ive never been nor am i from the North so i cannot comment.

Its not biased you just speak with a lack of class and respect. Thats all.
x

I keep getting you confused with Al-Farhan because of your avatar lol.
Original post by MevMev
sorry I'm still a bit confused: do i pray 4 rakah fard isha then i pray 2 rakah sunnah then 1 rakah witr? and is the 2 sunnah and 1 witr together or separate
so when do i read duaa e qunoot? what do u mean by salutation sister???

Sorry if I made it confusing.

You pray 4 rakat fard of isha, then 2 rakat sunnah, then 1 rakat witr. The sunnah and witr are completely separate.

Some say dua qunoot should be read before bowing, some say it should be read after bowing (the ruku position). I read it's better to read it after ruku, so I would do that. You stand and raise your hands to chest level (cupped) as you would with any d'ua. Also it's better if you don't always recite dua qunoot, only sometimes, as there's no evidence that the Prophet (saw) did it all the time.

The salutation is the tasleem at the end of the prayer (saying 'assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullah' to your right and then to your left).

Please tell me if there's anything you don't understand. Was really confusing for me at first so I understand you perfectly haha.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Inve
You're welcome. Anytime. As a convert myself we'll both continue to benefit from the knowledge shared in this thread, in sha Allah.

Oh you're a convert too, mashallah :smile:
Yes inshallah.

Haha I had to search who that is
Sorry if I made it confusing.

You pray 4 rakat fard of isha, then 2 rakat sunnah, then 1 rakat witr. The sunnah and witr are completely separate.

Some say dua qunoot should be read before bowing, some say it should be read after bowing (the ruku position). I read it's better to read it after ruku, so I would do that. You stand and raise your hands to chest level (cupped) as you would with any d'ua. Also it's better if you don't always recite dua qunoot, only sometimes, as there's no evidence that the Prophet (saw) did it all the time.

The salutation is the tasleem at the end of the prayer (saying 'assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullah' to your right and then to your left).

Please tell me if there's anything you don't understand. Was really confusing for me at first so I understand you perfectly haha.

Excellent dua qunoot from one of the imams of Makkah, Sheikh Saud As-Shuraim:
(translation in french only sorry)
[video="youtube;OwnmoOUDXfk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwnmoOUDXfk[/video]
Reply 1989
That's nice to hear you are the reading the translation. I have memorised 87 Surah's alhamdullilah and aim to learn the translation aswell.
I wish to learn the translation of the quran from a madrassa , like a school in egypt or saudi arabia. Thats a long way away :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's amazing, how did you manage to learn 87 surahs and how long did it take you?
Original post by HAnwar
That's amazing, how did you manage to learn 87 surahs and how long did it take you?

Its crazy to think that 87/114 surahs is still not even half of the Quran. May Allah swt make learning the Quran easy for us.

:hmmm:
Original post by Al-farhan
:hmmm:

Dont get mad at me matey. One of you change your avatar lol.
Very inspiring:

[video="youtube;fjp4v2IxStM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjp4v2IxStM[/video]
x

Ever been to Sana'a.
I visited Sana'a Aden and Tai'z.
A shame to see what is going to the people of Yemen.
Awesome :biggrin: :borat:
To finish it all by Ramadan is quite a task as the chapters grow exponentially the further you go but i will make dua for you to make it :smile:

Tbh i find the long surahs easy, just a few hours ago i was memorizing surah Muhammad and i found it quite easy :colondollar: The more you practice and learn the easier it will become :tongue: Jazakallah Khayr :smile:

That is still amazing :smile: mashallah. I hope you reach your target, I don't know if I'd be able to do it. Ask Allah for help and I'm sure you will have finished by the end of Ramadan inshallah.

Do you mind sharing how you go about memorising? Any tips or methods you use that you think are most beneficial. How long did it take you to memorise the 67 surahs?

Thanks will do :yy: I use the digital Quran pen - it helps me to recite fluently in arabic and it spots my minor mistakes when i'm reciting. This is the method i use when memorizing dunno about others:

1) Read the first ayah 10 times while looking
2) Then read the same verse 10 times without looking, until you get it right without any mistakes
3) Recite the first and second ayah together without looking and without mistakes
4) Each time you connect the ayah just go back to the top of the page and recite till the ayah you've memorized
5) And when you reach the last ayah recite the whole page without looking and without making mistakes
6) Finally recite the surah/page that you've memorized to someone (your parents, elder bro/sis or cousins) ... If you don't have anyone to recite to then record yourself and listen back to check if you have any mistakes..

It took me 1 year and a half :smile:

Original post by HAnwar
That's really good Masha Allah, how long did it take you to memorize 67?

Thanks, it took me 1 year and a half to memorize 67 surahs^ :smile:

Original post by Biryani007
MashaaAllah...

Motivated me to start memorising again, jazaakAllah khair :love:

Wa iyakum :yy: That's good mashallah :smile: Hope it goes well for you..

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great Mashallah! :yy: Same i want to learn the translation too, but first lemme memorize the entire Quran and Inshallah i will learn the translation too. Haha that's a long way! Isn't there a madrassah where you live? Or you can just learn it at home tbh..

Its crazy to think that 87/114 surahs is still not even half of the Quran. May Allah swt make learning the Quran easy for us.

Ameen
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Al-farhan
Ever been to Sana'a.
I visited Sana'a Aden and Tai'z.
A shame to see what is going to the people of Yemen.

The whole country has become a dump sadly. And na i only went to Aden, i was shocked at how different it was in 2013 when i last went compared to 2007, everyones rubbish was just dumped in the streets and the stench was unbearable, it makes me so angry aswell because the country has so much potential but with the scum we have had in power for the last 26 years its to be expected.
Nasheed from Mishary Rashid Al-Afasy with Chechen leader Ramzan Kaydrov's daughter:
[video="youtube;M3xjz4nxzGQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3xjz4nxzGQ[/video]
Reply 1998

Yeah
Ameen.

Original post by Incredible97
Tbh i find the long surahs easy, just a few hours ago i was memorizing surah Muhammad and i found it quite easy :colondollar: The more you practice and learn the easier it will become :tongue: Jazakallah Khayr :smile:

Thanks will do :yy: I use the digital Quran pen - it helps me to recite fluently in arabic and it spots my minor mistakes when i'm reciting. This is the method i use when memorizing dunno about others:

1) Read the first ayah 10 times while looking
2) Then read the same verse 10 times without looking, until you get it right without any mistakes
3) Recite the first and second ayah together without looking and without mistakes
4) Each time you connect the ayah just go back to the top of the page and recite till the ayah you've memorized
5) And when you reach the last ayah recite the whole page without looking and without making mistakes
6) Finally recite the surah/page that you've memorized to someone (your parents, elder bro/sis or cousins) ... If you don't have anyone to recite to then record yourself and listen back to check if you have any mistakes..

It took me 1 year and a half :smile:

Thanks, it took me 1 year and a half to memorize 67 surahs^ :smile:

Wa iyakum :yy: That's good mashallah :smile: Hope it goes well for you..

That's great Mashallah! :yy: Same i want to learn the translation too, but first lemme memorize the entire Quran and Inshallah i will learn the translation too. Haha that's a long way! Isn't there a madrassah where you live? Or you can just learn it at home tbh..

Ameen

That's quite good :smile:
I'm gonna try and get into memorizing too Insha Allah!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Yeah
Ameen.

That's quite good :smile:
I'm gonna try and get into memorizing too Insha Allah!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great :yy:

Latest

Trending

Trending