The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HAnwar
What was this...

Anti-Majos is a YouTube channel (or rather they are a series of several YouTube channels in different countries) which is solely used to take the pee out of Shi'ism. I can't comment on how much of the content represents Shi'ism as a whole, but they often show select videos clips of Shia scholars/speakers who may or may not be fringe extreme Shia or even normal, and these clips are then used to demonstrate clear kufr or shirk or beliefs which could be considered to us to be really strange. The videos usually cause a bit of a stir on ShiaChat, with some there denouncing it as anti-shia propoganda which takes the scholars' quotes out of context; other Shia are frustrated that some of beliefs are considered mainstream Shi'ism in the eyes of Sunnis but are really fringe beliefs from their own perspective.

I won't lie, some of them make me laugh and I find them funny to watch; it's cons are that it is quite condescending, bigotted at times, and it isn't really the right way to go about showing a people why they are wrong because it's rude and antagonistic.
Original post by Zamestaneh
Anti-Majos is a YouTube channel (or rather they are a series of several YouTube channels in different countries) which is solely used to take the pee out of Shi'ism. I can't comment on how much of the content represents Shi'ism as a whole, but they often show select videos clips of Shia scholars/speakers who may or may not be fringe extreme Shia or even normal, and these clips are then used to demonstrate clear kufr or shirk or beliefs which could be considered to us to be really strange. The videos usually cause a bit of a stir on ShiaChat, with some there denouncing it as anti-shia propoganda which takes the scholars' quotes out of context; other Shia are frustrated that some of beliefs are considered mainstream Shi'ism in the eyes of Sunnis but are really fringe beliefs from their own perspective.

I won't lie, some of them make me laugh and I find them funny to watch; it's cons are that it is quite condescending, bigotted at times, and it isn't really the right way to go about showing a people why they are wrong because it's rude and antagonistic.

if they were nice, theyd be more effective
Original post by h333

yessss my fellow Afghan.....we are undeniably best at beards after the arabs of course :smug::jive::five:

fixed it mate.
Original post by BIeaseNoBebsi
if they were nice, theyd be more effective

True; their style is jokes sometimes, as harsh as it is :u:
True; their style is jokes sometimes, as harsh as it is :u:

too harsh for dawah innit

probs works well with some sunni viewers but if u tryna aim to change certain shia views, cant be alienating them
too harsh for dawah innit

probs works well with some sunni viewers but if u tryna aim to change certain shia views, cant be alienating them

Perhaps it might change the views of some - they might be ashamed/embarrassed by what their beliefs are associated with in the eyes of many; otherwise I agree.
Abdullah ibn Utbah reported: I heard Umar ibn Al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, say, “Verily, in the time of the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, the people would be judged by revelation, but the revelation has ended. Now we judge you according to your outward deeds. Whoever shows us good, we will trust him and favor him and it is not for us to judge his inner secrets, for Allah will hold him accountable for those. Whoever shows us evil, then we will not trust him or believe in him even if he claims his intention is good.

[Source: Sahih Bukhari 2498]
Perhaps it might change the views of some - they might be ashamed/embarrassed by what their beliefs are associated with in the eyes of many; otherwise I agree.

better to get the many and not the some

brb gto eat chicken

what happened to the format here lol?
Original post by saeed9743
yeh i know i dont XD, will i be judged for not having a beard tho i can grow one like non-hijabis are judged?

Why would you be judged??
(Did I miss something?)
Abdullah ibn Utbah reported: I heard Umar ibn Al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, say, “Verily, in the time of the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, the people would be judged by revelation, but the revelation has ended. Now we judge you according to your outward deeds. Whoever shows us good, we will trust him and favor him and it is not for us to judge his inner secrets, for Allah will hold him accountable for those. Whoever shows us evil, then we will not trust him or believe in him even if he claims his intention is good.

That's a very good idea for life - we should accept that we are all fallible in our judgements, and the judged should know that we don't claim to know or care for their inner secrets. I remember a hadith in which the Prophet (pbuh) appears to demonstrate this principle himself - he (sal) resolved a case by looking at evidence and not Revelation/inner intentions etc...cannot find it though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by s_ahmed2
A lot of people misunderstand this, the virtue is not in having the hair there, rather it is about not shaving that region. If a person even has one strand there but doesn't shave it then they will get rewarded.

What annoys me is that people who shave their beards just so it can grow longer/faster, that is not the sunnah.

There was once a sahabi who only had one strand in his beard, the prophet loved him a lot. One day he took it off and then the prophet became very angry.

At the end of the day it comes down to sincerity, are we doing it to imitate the prophet or are we doing it to look nice/for fashion.

Allah knows best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is true. The size of your beard is not important but you shouldn't shave it but you should trim the mustach. You can cut off from the beard what is longer than you can hold in your fist.
Reply 5992

I see. Thanks for the lengthy explanation.
Reply 5993
Original post by saeed9743
fixed it mate.

Just who gave you the permission to touch my post? :colonhash::hmmm:

now now don't need to get emotional about the truth :console:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Kital Al Kafi, volume 2, chapter on patience:

A number of our companions, from Ahmad Bin Muhammad Bin Khalid, from his father, from Ali Bin Al Nu’man, from Abdullah Bin Muskan, from Abu Baseer who said, ‘I heard Abu Abdullah a.s saying:

‘The free one is free upon the entirety of his states. The seeds he plants, the patience springs out of it. And if the difficulties batter him, they would not break him, and if he is made a captive, and conquered, and the ease is replaced by the hardships, just as it was with Yusuf (as), the truthful, the trustworthy, his freedom did not harm him when he was distanced, and compelled, and imprisoned, and the darkness of the pit did not harm him, and his loneliness and whatever was Bestowed upon him was a Favour of Allah(azwj) upon him.

So He (azwj) Made the tyrant to come to him as a slave of his after him having been his king. So he sent him (as a free man) and was merciful with the community. And similar to that is the patience, its end result is good. Therefore be patient and resign yourselves upon the patience, you would be Recompensed’.

٦ ـ عدة من أصحابنا ، عن أحمد بن محمد بن خالد ، عن أبيه ، عن علي بن النعمان ، عن عبد الله بن مسكان ، عن أبي بصير قال سمعت أبا عبد الله عليه*السلام يقول إن الحر حر على جميع أحواله إن نابته نائبة صبر لها وإن تداكت عليه المصائب لم تكسره وإن أسر وقهر واستبدل باليسر عسرا كما كان يوسف الصديق الأمين صلى*الله*عليه*وآله لم يضرر حريته أن استعبد وقهر وأسر ولم تضرره ظلمة الجب ووحشته وما ناله أن من الله عليه فجعل الجبار العاتي له عبدا بعد إذ كان له مالكا فأرسله ورحم به أمة وكذلك الصبر يعقب خيرا فاصبروا ووطنوا أنفسكم على الصبر توجروا.

الحديث السادس : صحيح.
(saheeh)

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5995
[video="youtube;HIJ47380zAg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIJ47380zAg[/video]
Original post by Tawheed
Kital Al Kafi, volume 2, chapter on patience:

A number of our companions, from Ahmad Bin Muhammad Bin Khalid, from his father, from Ali Bin Al Nu’man, from Abdullah Bin Muskan, from Abu Baseer who said, ‘I heard Abu Abdullah a.s saying:

‘The free one is free upon the entirety of his states. The seeds he plants, the patience springs out of it. And if the difficulties batter him, they would not break him, and if he is made a captive, and conquered, and the ease is replaced by the hardships, just as it was with Yusuf (as), the truthful, the trustworthy, his freedom did not harm him when he was distanced, and compelled, and imprisoned, and the darkness of the pit did not harm him, and his loneliness and whatever was Bestowed upon him was a Favour of Allah(azwj) upon him.

Nice saying, Alhamdulillah.

Concerning Yunus AS I was always curious as to what the Shia think of his action of leaving his people while being commanded to continue his Da'wah? Considering the fact that you don't accept that the Qur'an would condemn the frowning of our Prophet (sal), isn't there an issue with the ability of Yunus AS to commit such a blatant but not grave sin? Just wanted to know how you resolve this issue for yourself briefly. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Banana208
Why would you be judged??
(Did I miss something?)

Look at the posts on the past few pages, some people dont look to well on those who shave like me but i dont care lol
Original post by h333
Just who gave you the permission to touch my post? :colonhash::hmmm:

now now don't need to get emotional about the truth :console:

Spoiler

Spoiler

u know the truth, dnt be mad pls
Reply 5998
Original post by saeed9744
Look at the posts on the past few pages, some people dont look to well on those who shave like me but i dont care lol

u know the truth, dnt be mad pls

:u:
Original post by saeed9744

Ahh fair enough. I guess guys I see guys without beards more than I see girls without hijabs. Its ok you can be chin naked and proud

Latest

Trending

Trending