The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The Farewell Pilgrimage
عدة من أصحابنا، عن أحمد بن عيسى، عن أحمد بن محمد بن أبي نصر عن أبان بن عثمان، عن ابن أبي يعفور، عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله خطب الناس في مسجد الخيف فقال: نضر الله عبدا سمع مقالتي فوعاها وحفظها وبلغها من لم يسمعها، فرب حامل فقه غير فقيه ورب حامل فقه إلى من هو أفقه منه، ثلاث لا يغل عليهن قلب امرئ مسلم: إخلاص العمل لله، والنصحية لائمة المسلمين، واللزم لجماعتهم، فإن دعوتهم محيطة من ورائهم، المسلمون إخوة تتكافى دماؤهم ويسعى بذمتهم أدناهم. ورواه أيضا عن حماد بن عثمان، عن أبان، عن ابن أبي يعفور مثله وزاد فيه: وهم يد على من سواهم وذكر في حديثه أنه خطب في حجة الوداع بمنى في مسجد الخيف.

Several of our companions from Ahmad b. `Isa from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Abi Nasr from Aban b. `Uthman from ibn Abi Ya`foor from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام.

The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله addressed the people in Masjid al-Khif and said:

May Allah grant joy to the slaves who have heard my sayings and understood them and memorized them and told them to those who have not heard them. [There can be] a bearer carrying fiqh who is not a faqih, and a bearer of fiqh who carries it to those who have more understanding in fiqh. There are three things that the heart of a Muslim person does not feel treachery in: Sincerity in deeds for Allah, wishing well for the Imams of the Muslims, and staying close to their group (i.e. the Muslims) for their supplications encompass those behind them, and the Muslims are each other’s brothers. Their bloods are equivalent, and [even] the least important of them strive to fulfill their responsibilities.

A similar hadith was also narrated from Hamad b. `Uthman from Aban from ibn Abi Ya`foor, with an addition of, “And they are one hand against those who harm them”. In his hadith, he mentioned that the Prophet addressed [this] during the Farewell Pilgrimage in Mina in Masjlid al-Khif. (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith 1048)
(muwathaq kal-sahih) (موثق كالصحيح)
(edited 8 years ago)
حمدويه، قال حدثنا يعقوب، عن ابن أبي عمير، عن شعيب، عن أبي بصير، قال : قلت لأبي عبد الله (عليه السلام) إنهم يقولون قال و ما يقولون قلت يقولون تعلم قطر المطر و عدد النجوم و ورق الشجر و وزن ما في البحر و عدد التراب، فرفع يده إلى السماء، و قال سبحان الله سبحان الله لا و الله ما يعلم هذا إلا الله

532. Hamdawayh who said: narrated to us Ya’qub from Ibn Abi Umayr from Shuayb from Abi Basir who said: I said to Abi Abdillah عليه السلام they do say, he said: and what do they say? I said: they say that you know the number of the drops in the rain, and the number of the stars, and the number of leaves in all the trees, and the weight of what is in the ocean, and the number of sand particles, so he عليه السلام raised his hand to the sky and said: praise be to Allah, praise be to Allah, no by Allah, no one knows this except for Allah.

Saheeh narration - Rijal Al Kashi (important book in Ilm Al Rijal)
روى البخاري (3397) ومسلم (4611) عَنْ أَبِي سَعِيدٍ الخدري قَالَ: قَالَ رَسُولُ الله ـ صلَّى الله عليه وسلَّم ـ: «لاَ تَسُبُّوا أَصْحَابِي؛ فَإِنَّ أَحَدَكُمْ لَوْ أَنْفَقَ مِثْلَ أُحُدٍ ذَهَبًا مَا أَدْرَكَ مُدَّ أَحَدِهِمْ وَلاَ نَصِيفَهُ».

From Abi Sayed Al-Khidri said: The prophet pbuh said:
Do not abuse/insult my Companions, for if any of you were to spend gold equal to (mountain of) Uhud in charity, it would not equal a handful of one of them or even half of thatز
(edited 8 years ago)
A nice self challenge that just came to me:
Write down every hadith you know and see what number you get.
Don't reply back with numbers, just say if pleasantly surprised or not.
And the next question after that is:
How many of them do we practice in our daily lives?
روى البخاري (3397) ومسلم (4611) عَنْ أَبِي سَعِيدٍ الخدري قَالَ: قَالَ رَسُولُ الله ـ صلَّى الله عليه وسلَّم ـ: «لاَ تَسُبُّوا أَصْحَابِي؛ فَإِنَّ أَحَدَكُمْ لَوْ أَنْفَقَ مِثْلَ أُحُدٍ ذَهَبًا مَا أَدْرَكَ مُدَّ أَحَدِهِمْ وَلاَ نَصِيفَهُ».

From Abi Sayed Al-Khidri said: The prophet pbuh said:
Do not abuse/insult my Companions, for if any of you were to spend gold equal to (mountain of) Uhud in charity, it would not equal a handful of one of them or even half of thatز

Explanation of the hadith:
The prophet pbuh is saying in this hadith that if we were to spend gold equal to the size of mount Uhud the ajar/reward would not even be equal to the ajar/reward a companion gets for spending a handful (not gold, just any handful given in charity) spent in charity, it won't even equal to half of a handful of a companion's spending on charity.
So how one can even contemplate degrading or insulting such giants (and we the ants compared to them) is beyond madness.
The only thing for us to is is what Allah swt said in regards to them and their reward:
رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوا عَنْهُ وَأَعَدَّ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي تَحْتَهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا ذَلِكَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ
Allah is well pleased with them and they are well pleased with Him, and He hath made ready for them Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide for ever. That is the supreme triumph.
Original post by yasminkattan
Assalamu 'alaykum :smile:

I know Ramadan is a while away, but I want to have a plan put in place early. My parents can't know I'm fasting, so I was wondering if any of you have any advice for me. How can I fast secretly without making it obvious?

Also the biggest problem will be eating before fajr. I'll have to eat something so I have a bit of energy in the morning as I'll be doing my exams. However I won't be able to go to the kitchen for food or I will probably wake them up and that's when the questioning will start. So, what could I take up to my room to eat when I wake up for prayer? Any suggestions? :tongue:

As salaamu alaykum sister. Sorry I cannot answer your question, but I pray that Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala eases your hardship, that He rewards you for your struggle in fasting and softens the hearts of those around you and guide them to Islam.

Original post by Tpos
First few days may be difficult then it's all good. Your body is great at adjusting to the change 👍

In sha Allaah it will be a blessed time for me.
‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him):

Whoever among you wishes to follow (someone), let him follow one who has died, for the one who is still alive is not safe from fitnah. The companions of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) were the best of this ummah, the most righteous of heart and the deepest in knowledge and the most straightforward, people whom Allaah chose to accompany His Prophet and establish His religion. So acknowledge their virtue and follow in their footsteps, and adhere as much as you can to their morals and religion, for they were following right guidance.

Narrated by Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr in al-Jaami’, no. 1810.
Screenshot_2016-01-19-02-06-15.png
Assalamu Alaykum.
Original post by fire_and_ice
No problem, I thoroughly enjoy watching his speeches and videos. Naive in what sense?
well, in my post I was on purpose a bit vague

explaining why I find his approach naive would mean opening a huge discussion about shias and sunnis, about sects in Islam, about the relationship between religion and political/economic power and so on and so forth

let us say that, faced with centuries-old, deep divisions, the "why can't we all be friends" and "the kuffar are watching us" approach is, in my view, a bit naive

best
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Screenshot_2016-01-19-02-06-15.png

Can I borrow this?
Original post by MsFahima
Assalamu Alaykum.

Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
I was thinking about the themed days we used to have here. Perhaps a better approach would be to extend the theme over a week? As such, we wouldn't be returning to the same topic as soon. Also, another suggestion is to have the topics a bit more specific as opposed to large, general topics.

What does everyone think?
Original post by MsFahima
Assalamu Alaykum.

Wa alaykum assalaam :smile:

Original post by ash92:)
I was thinking about the themed days we used to have here. Perhaps a better approach would be to extend the theme over a week? As such, we wouldn't be returning to the same topic as soon. Also, another suggestion is to have the topics a bit more specific as opposed to large, general topics.

What does everyone think?

I think weekly topics would be a great idea. :smile:
"Enter it in peace. This is the Day of Eternity." [50:34]

Latest

Trending

Trending