The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by Balooo
Wallah, I felt so nostalgic for a moment just now, Officer Tpos :lol: I'll stop - BarakAllahu Feek :smile:

Lol idiot
Reply 1381
Original post by Inve
Well someone clearly didn't google the word did they :colonhash:

Meh. Judging from your past gifs I was expecting more :tongue:

Jeez. Great expectations or what.
Reply 1382
Original post by Inve
I bought a bag of halal chicken dippers today.

They were nice.

Pos rep, quote and tag me if you like chicken dippers also.

PRSOM
But yh, who doesn't like chicken dippers!
Original post by Tpos
Lol idiot

You have left an impression on me - you study Psychology and should know by now that actions have long term psychological consequences on individuals :hand:
Reply 1384
Original post by Balooo
You have left an impression on me - you study Psychology and should know by now that actions have long term psychological consequences on individuals :hand:

Boohoo man up!
Original post by Tpos
Boohoo man up!

You will be brutul with your husband when you marry :puppyeyes: May Allah protect him
Original post by HAnwar
cactuslisimic

Abu Huraira reported that Allah’s Messenger ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) said:

“Who amongst you is fasting today? Abu Bakr said: I am. He (again) said: Who amongst you followed a funeral procession today? Abu Bakr said: I did. He (the Prophet) again said: Who amongst you served food to the needy? Abu Bakr said: I did. He (again) said: Who amongst you has today visited the sick? Abu Bakr said: I did. Thereupon Allah’s Messenger ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) said: Anyone in whom (these good deeds) are combined will certainly enter paradise.”

[Sahih Muslim]
Reply 1388
Original post by Balooo
You will be brutul with your husband when you marry :puppyeyes: May Allah protect him

I'm just doing my duty, as an older sister it's my job to mock you as well as keep you on the straight and narrow :h:
Reply 1389
Original post by HAnwar
Sure you would.

Is that cactuslisimic enough for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lool cactuslismic
Original post by Tpos
I'm just doing my duty, as an older sister it's my job to mock you as well as keep you on the straight and narrow :h:

Not much older than me - only a year and a few days :colonhash: As your 'little' brother, it's my job to annoy you to keep you on your toes :colone:
Original post by Balooo
Oh You.jpg

made me lol
Reply 1392
Original post by Balooo
Not much older than me - only a year and a few days :colonhash: As your 'little' brother, it's my job to annoy you to keep you on your toes :colone:

You're not doing a good job of being enjoying. Actually it's technically just under a year! Not a year and few days
Original post by Tpos
You're not doing a good job of being enjoying. Actually it's technically just under a year! Not a year and few days

Brb lemme find selected quotes from other religions and post them in the ISOC :innocent: :colone:
Just over a year actually - I was born 1 year and a few days after you, not under a year after you - you have forgotten our birtdays :rolleyes:
Reply 1394
Original post by Balooo
Brb lemme find selected quotes from other religions and post them in the ISOC :innocent: :colone:

:curious:

Just over a year actually - I was born 1 year and a few days after you, not under a year after you - you have forgotten our birtdays :rolleyes:

In my head I swapped the two around loool what an idiot.
[video="youtube;K9Nne0pJ8E8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Nne0pJ8E8[/video]
Original post by HAnwar
Jeez. Great expectations or what.

So you're saying I should lower my expectations? Interesting. :hmm:

Original post by Tpos
PRSOM
But yh, who doesn't like chicken dippers!

Only haters, tpos. Only haters don't like chicken dippers. And vegans. Damn vegans.
Original post by Balooo

Hahaha! :lol: Perfect
Reply 1397
Original post by Inve
So you're saying I should lower my expectations? Interesting. :hmm:

Only haters, tpos. Only haters don't like chicken dippers. And vegans. Damn vegans.

Hahaha! :lol: Perfect

No no. I will exceed them :u:

Look at this guy trying to steal my limelight smh
Original post by Balooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redleader1
When is it permissable for one to read qaza ? I commute to work and sometimes can't read a prayer or so like magrib ? If I don't have wudu I can't really do it on the train. So what can I do ? Taking a different train is somewhat difficult too

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2014/05/21/prohibited-times-for-prayers-and-makeup-prayers%E2%80%8F/

Original post by fire_and_ice
Salaam,

Can someone give me some advice/tips?

I'm constantly going through phases where I feel as though I am a Muslim from the heart and truly believe in Islam. Other times I feel as though I've lost touch and completely turn astray. It's a constant cycle of this that is becoming robotic and I feel is just screwing me up. The times I feel apathetic about Islam is when I hit my worst, and the times I feel connected is when I am at my absolute best in every possible way.

I've also refrained from asking any scholars or Islamic intellectuals for now.

JazakAllah

Wa 'alaykum assalaam. Seeking knowledge and understanding broadens the pathway of imaan which leads to the closeness to Allah ta'ala. Whether this is by seeking to learn the tafseer of a short surah that you admire, or learning about the depths of the heart's participation in Salaah, or learning about what Rasoolullah (peace be upon him) or the learned, pious Muslims (may Allah be pleased with them) have explained of 'ibadah and their attachment to it - these are all journeys to embark upon. Don't feel down about the level of your zeal going up and down, sometimes this happens - what we need to do is to keep our eyes on the goal, to keep moving forward towards it, to keep getting up and making that effort and to keep seeking sustenance for our souls. As Sh. Omar Suleiman (hafizhahullah) said, "Having firm imaan doesn't mean you're on a consistent spiritual high. It means you still maintain faith even during your moments of discouragement."

إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ الَّذِينَ إِذَا ذُكِرَ اللَّهُ وَجِلَتْ قُلُوبُهُمْ وَإِذَا تُلِيَتْ عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتُهُ زَادَتْهُمْ إِيمَانًا وَعَلَىٰ رَبِّهِمْ يَتَوَكَّلُونَ
The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, their hearts become fearful, and when His verses are recited to them, it increases them in faith; and upon their Lord they rely
[Surah al-Anfaal]

The following post has brilliant advice:

Original post by Balooo
Reflecting on Allah and His favours and mercies upon us never fails to increase my Taqwa and Imaan, and to do this, I have found detaching myself from my surroundings to be a really beneficial way of reflecting. Muhammad (SAW) used to take to the mountains to reflect before he was given prophethood, and having taken time aside myself to reflect recently, I can understand why he used to do that - clear your mind of dunya, clear your mind of what others think about you or will think about you, clear your mind of sinful thoughts, clear your mind of what tomorriw will bring, clear your mind of what yesterday has brought, and fill your mind with the reality of Allah, what this deen really is, what your purpose really is, what this dunya really is, what society around you really is, and your heart will be softer than butter, InshaAllah :redface:

When your mind has been humbled to Allah and realised that in fact that Allah knows better than any of us, and matters within deen are not things that we get to pick and choose (e.g. 'oh I like Allah's mercy but I don't like the sound of punishments or Jahanam because it sounds "unfair"'), then your heart will be humbled to Islam - and your limbs will be working towards Islam, and your tongue tasting the words of haq, and your ears will be deaf to ignorance and those calling you to sin around you, and your eyes will only see the beauty of Allah's creation and lowered from bad things, and then you shall be at peace within :beard:

Original post by Balooo
Since Cupcakes is not Muslim, we play this Islamic learning 'game' where she picks two random numbers and then I will show her the verse from the surah numbers she chose, and if need be I will explain it or just talk a little more about it... she wanted to do this on the ISOC so that more people can throw in their reflections and thoughts on the verses she picks, so anyone is free to contribute to her (and each other's) understanding of the verses inshaAllah :holmes: Obviously none of us are scholars of tafsir but inshaAllah we will all learn more as everyone posts different things...

You picked the first verse of Surah Yusuf (Chapter Joseph) - Yusuf (AS) being one of our main prophets whose story in the Quran contains many lessons and is thus a source of awe and inspiration to those who reflect

The verse reads:

"Alif, Laam, Meem, These are the verses of the clear Book".

You can ignore the Alif, Laam, Meem bit at the start since they are Arabic letters but were put in the verse and their meaning is only known to Allah.

Spoiler

Astaghfirullah if I said anything wrong, and I hope someone corrects me or adds more to this.

That's actually a really good idea!
Original post by HAnwar
No no. I will exceed them :u:

Look at this guy trying to steal my limelight smh

Haha. It was a great gif though :lol:

Anyone watched today's episode of The Big Questions on BBC1? The question is "Do we need a British Islam?" Surprise surprise the first guy they ask is Adam Deen (I think) from the Quilliam Foundation.

Latest

Trending

Trending