The Student Room Group

More chilled (but still clubby) holiday destinations

6 of us from uni (3 guys 3 girls, aged 21-22) want to go away early June after we graduate, looking at somewhere in Europe that isn't Magaluf/Ibiza/Kavos/Malia etc because some of them are a bit more chilled these days, but at the same time we also don't want to go to Malta and have nothing to do, so we would like the option of nightlife but not somewhere where everyone is getting pissed every night.

Anyone know any good places?
Amsterdam?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Amsterdam?

Not really looking at cities, more resorts where people go for 2 weeks
Reply 3
Somewhere in Portugal?
Original post by orange crush
Not really looking at cities, more resorts where people go for 2 weeks

Canary Islands?
Original post by aarora
Somewhere in Portugal?

I think Albufeira is the favourite at the moment :smile:
Croatia or Serbia.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Canary Islands?

Good night life?
6 of us from uni (3 guys 3 girls, aged 21-22) want to go away early June after we graduate, looking at somewhere in Europe that isn't Magaluf/Ibiza/Kavos/Malia etc because some of them are a bit more chilled these days, but at the same time we also don't want to go to Malta and have nothing to do, so we would like the option of nightlife but not somewhere where everyone is getting pissed every night.

Anyone know any good places?

Albufeira in Portugal is a good one.
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Croatia or Serbia.

What destinations would you recommend specifically?
Good night life?

Yeah I think so..

I've heard Croatia's really good too
Original post by cherryred90s
Albufeira in Portugal is a good one.

Yeah that's actually the heavy favourite at the moment. I'm just looking for a backup choice or two incase it falls through
I think this is too much of an oxymoron really, I am not even sure what a relatively chilled resort that has a good selection of clubs would be like, therefore can't really suggest much.

You could always go somewhere that is know for clubbing etc such as Majorca etc, but stay away from the main tourist resorts such as Magaluf etc and rent a villa or something. That way you could go into the clubs now and then if you wanted, but not have drunken teenagers in your face 24/7 at the resorts.

Cyprus maybe?

South of France?
(edited 8 years ago)
What destinations would you recommend specifically?

Pula (I can only comment on Pula when the Outlook festival is on), Pag (Hideout festival is on at the end of June) or Dubrovnik (beautiful but mightn't be as clubby as you'd like). Serbia has the Exit festival in Novi Sad at the beginning of July.
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
I think this is too much of an oxymoron really, I am not even sure what a relatively chilled resort that has a good selection of clubs would be like, therefore can't really suggest much.

You could always go somewhere that is know for clubbing etc such as Majorca etc, but stay away from the main tourist resorts such as Magaluf etc and rent a villa or something. That way you could go into the clubs now and then if you wanted, but not have drunken teenagers in your face 24/7 at the resorts.

Cyprus maybe?

South of France?

That's why we're fancying Albufeira. I went there when I was 10 so I know it's not 100% about drinking.

I'm the biggest party animal in the group actually, but I doubt the others would want to go out and get **** faced every night
Try Antwerp, Belgium. Their party scene there is fantastic, especially the gay pride parades and outdoor discos, as I saw when I was there in (August) 2014. :cool:
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Pula (I can only comment on Pula when the Outlook festival is on), Pag (Hideout festival is on at the end of June) or Dubrovnik (beautiful but mightn't be as clubby as you'd like). Serbia has the Exit festival in Novi Sad at the beginning of July.

Don't think we're looking to go to a festival. Although I'm hoping to go InterRailing alone later in the summer and would probably go to Serbia as part of that.

Original post by Chant No.1
Try Antwerp, Belgium. Their party scene there is fantastic, especially the gay pride parades and outdoor discos, as I saw when I was there in (August) 2014. :cool:

We're looking more at beach destinations tbh.
Don't think we're looking to go to a festival. Although I'm hoping to go InterRailing alone later in the summer and would probably go to Serbia as part of that.

We're looking more at beach destinations tbh.

Howsabout Oostende? :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest