The Student Room Group

Do you listen to music when you revise?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mayhem™
philosophy?

nah it's all about quadratic equations and displacement reactions

ew. :puke:

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
For some reason, I learn things better while listening to Beyonce..

But atm I'm listening to Born to be wild by J2 and Blu Holiday

everything's better with Beyonce tbh :u:

Original post by Anon_98
No, I tried it once + it was awful bc I simply can't concentrate. I end up subconciously singing along, gradually doing less + less work until I somehow finally find myself across the other side of the house doing something utterly pointless, like, counting how many pennies I hold in my jar then arranging them in order of year. >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile

I end up doing that regardless of whether music is playing :lol:
If I listen to music when I'm studying or revising, it has to be classical music, otherwise I literally cannot concentrate on my work, and even the music has to be quietly running in the background :smile:
I do like to listen to Oceans by Hillsong United though (it's more of a spiritual, pick-me-up-when-I'm-feeling-down kind of song, but I still listen to it during revision to keep my hopes up and get me through the truckload of work).
No, its too distracting.
Original post by the greatest
Yes, classical I enjoy the most while studying.

[video="youtube;E2LM3ZlcDnk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2LM3ZlcDnk[/video]

I did this when I was in gcse (history) . It does work!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same as always...

When I'm revising content, I listen to classical music, because it helps me focus

If I'm doing homework / the FP1 paper I started then got distracted on tsr, I'll listen to "normal" music and just sing along while working. I'm sure it helps, but if not at least it makes me dislike studying a bit less

Listening to catfish and the bottle men right now, pretending to do maths :biggrin:
Original post by picklescamp
it's sitting on TSR drinking tea with your Philosophy notes beside you.

Do a real subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vicky628
When I'm revising content, I listen to classical music, because it helps me focus

If I'm doing homework / the FP1 paper I started then got distracted on tsr, I'll listen to "normal" music and just sing along while working. I'm sure it helps, but if not at least it makes me dislike studying a bit less

Listening to catfish and the bottle men right now, pretending to do maths :biggrin:

Catfish and the Bottlemen are awesome :biggrin: I once met their drummer on a ferry back from france. Cool guy

Original post by DiddyDec
Do a real subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

but what is real? How do I know anything is real?

*descends into solipsism*
Liquid DnB puts me in my zone. Or stuff like

[video="youtube;dFEBpDW-K7E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFEBpDW-K7E[/video]

so uplifting and fast enough :tongue:
:cool:
(edited 8 years ago)

but what is real? How do I know anything is real?

*descends into solipsism*

Very few people know anything for certain. However I know you are wasting your time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;M0d4qM7gCH8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0d4qM7gCH8[/video]
Original post by DiddyDec
Very few people know anything for certain. However I know you are wasting your time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

every second of time spent of TSR is wasted, I know.
every second of time spent of TSR is wasted, I know.

TSR 4 Lyfe.

Now back to the topic. Angerfist is best music to work to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
I listen to music all the time.
James Bae :woo: I saw him live a few months ago, he's so amazing :biggrin:

haha i thought i was the only one who called him that
I had The College Dropout on repeat as i did endless physics AS & A2 past papers, got my E up into an A. Thank you Yeezus.
Reply 36
Every and all songs that aren't classic
but the one that I remember that helped the most last year is

[video="youtube;stV2UD_vmxY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stV2UD_vmxY[/video]
Reply 37
Original post by Mayhem™
philosophy?

nah it's all about quadratic equations and displacement reactions

the beauty of maths and chemistry
I only tend to listen to instrumental versions of songs or classical music. If not I will get distracted and just turn revision into karaoke!
Reply 39
Capital FM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending